235 and 4 N bound

They have been working on the corner. Are they going to allow right turns unto 4 from the second right lane? Might as well.

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
Yeah that merge deal right after 4 is dangerous. Should be for coming off of 4 only.

No! Only dangerous for dunderheads who don't know how to merge left in the allotted space. Those who wait until the last minute and either cut over at the last minute or those that actually stop and then wait to get in make it dangerous.

getbent

Thats how them b*tch's R
No! Only dangerous for dunderheads who don't know how to merge left in the allotted space. Those who wait until the last minute and either cut over at the last minute or those that actually stop and then wait to get in make it dangerous.

I agree, between them and those that stop there irritate me. There is no stop sign, keep going please!!

Vince

:yeahthat: And some of these people don't have a clue on what a "YIELD" sign means. For some it means to actually yield to the oncoming traffic. For the others it means screw them, I'm going to cut you off because I always have the right of way.

MADPEBS1

Man, I'm still here !!!
saw all that today, what do you think it is all about? Hope worki being done is during off hours !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
the 4x8 plywood board had MANY notices, might have to go loo and see what it says !!!!

saw all that today, what do you think it is all about? Hope worki being done is during off hours !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
the 4x8 plywood board had MANY notices, might have to go loo and see what it says !!!!

Didn't notice one. Check on that Rose before you merge. :lol:

Beta

Smile!

This! The intent of that huge 3rd lane is to help alleviate traffic and get more people through the light. There are similar merges like that everywhere...I can think of a number of them on 5/301 north of Waldorf headed in both direction. The problem there isn't that merging is dangerous, it's that people don't know how to merge and everyone in the middle lane gets pissy about people in the right lane "passing" them, so they refuse to let people in. Those people (along with the ones that try to pass as many as possible and merge at the last second) cause the "dangerous" situation.

If more people used that 3rd lane it would alleviate some of the northbound traffic during peak periods. By making that another right turn only lane, you're overflowing an already overflowed Route 4 and then you're adding even more traffic to the northbound 235 flow.

:banghead:

:yeahthat: And some of these people don't have a clue on what a "YIELD" sign means. For some it means to actually yield to the oncoming traffic. For the others it means screw them, I'm going to cut you off because I always have the right of way.

People don't know what stop signs mean either. I see people on side streets with stop signs pull out in front of cars in the middle of an intersection that don't have any sign stopping them. :doh:

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
Personally, I use that third lane all the time. My blinker goes on while going through the intersection to indicate my intent to merge left. MOST motorists nicely comply and let me do so. Of course there are a few jerks that don't, whatever. People should also keep in mind to use their blinker to turn left so others know what they are doing, turning into a driveway, or the dentists office or the tattoo shop. Don't assume that everyone else behind you knows what you are thinking. I am not ashamed to admit that I flunked Mindreading 101.

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
Personally, I use that third lane all the time. My blinker goes on while going through the intersection to indicate my intent to merge left. MOST motorists nicely comply and let me do so. Of course there are a few jerks that don't, whatever. People should also keep in mind to use their blinker to turn left so others know what they are doing, turning into a driveway, or the dentists office or the tattoo shop. Don't assume that everyone else behind you knows what you are thinking. I am not ashamed to admit that I flunked Mindreading 101.

I meant turn right...

I only use if I can be first. Especially on the bike.

Usually turning left there anyway. Like 3-4 times a week lately.

Ok, not sure what going to the bathroom has to do with reading a sign, but whatever....

:lol:

:lol: Ok I admit the merge lane is no more dangerous than a gun in a drawer. It's just when idiots use them they become dangerous. I should have worded it differently.

glhs837

Power with Control

We have a winnah!!!!!!! Except for the on the bike thing. My car and bike are about matched, and the car is more intimidating :)

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member

I would rather be stacked as #3 vice #20 and run the risk of having to sit through the light twice. I can understand on the bike though.

Soon enough this intersection will be a distant memory for you! :biggrin:

glhs837

Power with Control
Well my truck doesn't want to burn gas any more than it needs to. Nor get bumped.

Bike doesn't care.

Oh, my car wants very much to burn gas, would sneak out in the night if I left the keys in it :) And you can't be bumped if you are in front of everything, that positive displacement thing APS always talks about.

I would rather be stacked as #3 vice #20 and run the risk of having to sit through the light twice. I can understand on the bike though.

Soon enough this intersection will be a distant memory for you! :biggrin:

Yep I guess I will be hanging a right there and crossing the bridge one last time, sure enjoyed that view.

Oh, my car wants very much to burn gas, would sneak out in the night if I left the keys in it :) And you can't be bumped if you are in front of everything, that positive displacement thing APS always talks about.

Just the thing, someone usually wants to get in front of me, in the truck I would let them, second guy might not be too close. What I don't like is about half try to get all the way left to get into Wildewood.

So the second lane I don't like either, but spaces open up fast.