The Ruddy Duck is on fire

dgates80

Land of the lost
Lots of black smoke. Drove past on 2/4 and it looked like the dumpsters perhaps, but large flames visible. No idea how involved the building itself is. Fire tricks on scene.

SAD! Hope everyone is ok.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Holy cow! Keep us posted if you hear anything. Hopefully it's just a dumpster fire and not the building.

MADPEBS1

Man, I'm still here !!!
carlos came by our table last night and gave me two tickets for a beer for this sunday celebration of 5 years... Man it has flown by !

dgates80

Land of the lost
I just spoke with someone that just spoke with Carlos, one of the owners. It looked bad.... But isn't. It was basically a grass fire that caught some boxes on fire in the dumpster area, hopefully with minimal structure damage. A close call in any case!

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
I just spoke with someone that just spoke with Carlos, one of the owners. It looked bad.... But isn't. It was basically a grass fire that caught some boxes on fire in the dumpster area, hopefully with minimal structure damage. A close call in any case!

Glad to hear that :yay:

MADPEBS1

Man, I'm still here !!!
thats great news.... Still brought back memory of the lighthouse, high winds and then it's gone...

slotpuppy

Ass-hole
http://www.thebaynet.com/news/index.cfm/fa/viewstory/story_ID/37805

A hard lesson was learned this afternoon as a discarded cigarette ignited a small blaze at the Ruddy Duck Brewery & Grill in Solomons.

The popular brewery and restaurant was not damaged as the flames were contained to an outside storage area. Solomons VFRD were quickly on the scene and were able to rapidly put out the fire.

A spokesman for the Ruddy Duck said that they will be open as usual.

BOP

There was no lesson learned. Stupid, inconsiderate smokers aren't going to be happy until they burn down every f*cking building in America. I vote public execution (with a cigarette in their sucks), televised nationwide.

Then maybe the bastards will learn a lesson.

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
I wonder if it was an employee. Why else would a customer be out by the trash dumpsters.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
There was no lesson learned. Stupid, inconsiderate smokers aren't going to be happy until they burn down every f*cking building in America. I vote public execution (with a cigarette in their sucks), televised nationwide.

Then maybe the bastards will learn a lesson.

Mental much?