One shot, one kill - with a .38 revolver

BOP

Another feel-good story for the home folks!

http://dailycaller.com/2014/06/24/this-store-owner-is-glad-she-went-home-to-get-her-gun/

A Philadelphia store owner, who usually takes her gun to work, forgot it Monday morning — but she’s now glad she took a break to retrieve it from home.

That’s because Sharon Doyle was forced to use her .38 caliber revolver on a man who robbed her store and held a knife to her chest later in the day.

“I did what I had to do to be here,” Doyle, a 46 year-old former police officer and Secret Service agent, told NBC Philadelphia.

A 47 year-old man, who police said was released from prison within the last year, barged in to Doyle’s store, Stan’s Health Foods, went behind the counter and grabbed a cash register.

After grabbing loot off the ground, Doyle said the man held a 6-inch knife to her chest.

Luckily, Doyle had the gun she had retrieved a little earlier in the day.

She fired the .38 revolver once, hitting the man in the torso and killing him.

Then there's this moron posting in the comments section:

John Michael Hutton BobQSoss • 14 hours ago

congrats killer. she shot him from point blank range. There is some bull#### here. He held a knife to her didn't stab her when she pulled out her gun and still didn't stab her before she shot him. Doesn't sound to me like her life was being threatened or he would have stabbed her right away or does that make too much sense for you?Killer

Hijinx

Another feel-good story for the home folks!

http://dailycaller.com/2014/06/24/this-store-owner-is-glad-she-went-home-to-get-her-gun/

A Philadelphia store owner, who usually takes her gun to work, forgot it Monday morning — but she’s now glad she took a break to retrieve it from home.

That’s because Sharon Doyle was forced to use her .38 caliber revolver on a man who robbed her store and held a knife to her chest later in the day.

“I did what I had to do to be here,” Doyle, a 46 year-old former police officer and Secret Service agent, told NBC Philadelphia.

A 47 year-old man, who police said was released from prison within the last year, barged in to Doyle’s store, Stan’s Health Foods, went behind the counter and grabbed a cash register.

After grabbing loot off the ground, Doyle said the man held a 6-inch knife to her chest.

Luckily, Doyle had the gun she had retrieved a little earlier in the day.

She fired the .38 revolver once, hitting the man in the torso and killing him.

Then there's this moron posting in the comments section:

I don't have a problem with her shooting this creep.

My problem comes with her being allowed to carry because she is ex Secret Service and ex police officer.
I don't really have a problem with ex LEO's being allowed to carry.
My problem is that myself and my wife should have that same right.

This woman is possibly alive because she carried a weapon, why don't people who are not ex Secret Service and Ex-LEO's have that same right.

Lurk

Happy Creepy Ass Cracka

My problem comes with her being allowed to carry because she is ex Secret Service and ex police officer.

This woman is possibly alive because she carried a weapon, why don't people who are not ex Secret Service and Ex-LEO's have that same right.

In the case of the Philly shooting.

In Pennsylvania a License To Carry Firearms is only required to conceal a firearm, or to carry a firearm in a motor vehicle. The law is silent on the act of openly carrying a firearm while not in a vehicle making it de-facto legal. It must be noted however that due to 18 Pa.C.S. § 6108 (Carrying firearms on public streets or public property in Philadelphia) a License To Carry Firearms is required to carry a firearm in any manner on the streets or public property of a "City of the first class" (Philadelphia.)

Taken from http://www.pafoa.org/law

Democrats don't have a strangle hold on the rights of Pennsylvanians like they do in Maryland.

Amused_despair

Best comment on the news story in the comments section: "I prefer big bullets when I must ask someone to please leave me alone." I love it!!!!! I can't believe the people complaining about the POS being out of health points because he brought a knife to a gun fight. If he hadn't gotten confused on the social rule for conversing with people (DO NOT PUT A KNIFE TO SOMEONE'S CHEST, it is rude) he wouldn't have have missed out on his return to prison. oh well.

GW8345

Not White House Approved

Exactly, funny how ex-military are not allow to carry but ex-police are, and yet, in most cases, the military members have better weapons training then police do.

Last edited:

Inkd

It's got nothing to do with her being ex law enforcement or secret service. It's got everything to do with her being in a state that allows their citizens to carry.

Unlike Maryland.

Hijinx

It's got nothing to do with her being ex law enforcement or secret service. It's got everything to do with her being in a state that allows their citizens to carry.

Unlike Maryland.

Let me update that post: Why don't people in Maryland who are not ex-Secret Service or LEO's have the right to carry.

Let me ask this: Democrats in California passed a law requiring a permit to buy ammunition, how long before we have that come to Maryland?

officeguy

Nothing in MD law restricts a business owner or supervisory employee from carrying on premises. Many business owners in MD have carry permits to cwrry off premises. Making bank deposits or carrying expensive tools are considered a 'good and substantial reason' for a permit. The permit is typically limited to occasions when one carrys deposits or tools.