Bun Buns the Rabbit it seeking an indoor family home

ArkRescue

Adopt me please !
If you are interested in meeting Bun Buns please let us know. Wonderful family pet that has to be given up through no fault of Bun Buns. Affectionate (gives kisses) and likes to spend time with family. Only unsupervised time has been spent in an enclosure. An indoor home only please. Bun Buns is being fostered by a relative of the owner in Bowie until we can find him a placement. I am checking with the owner to see if Bun Buns has been neutered yet, but most rabbits have not been.

bunbuns.jpg

ArkRescue

Adopt me please !
bump - just another note about how great Bun Buns is as a family pet. He loves people and will snuggle with you.

ArkRescue

Adopt me please !
Update - Bun Buns found a home YAY

Update - Bun Buns found a home some time ago - I just ran across this thread ......

Hannibal

For anyone on the fence about rabbits - they are awesome pets. You'd be suprised how intelligent and affectionate they can be. Unfortunately, my wife is allergic so no more rabbits for us. But they are a blast to watch once they get comfortable. They will be sitting in the middle of your living room, just checking things out then BAM, they leap 4 feet in the air and bolt. They will run laps around the house then stop dead in their tracks and go back to relaxing. Nicknamed "Bunny Olympics." They can also be litter trained very easily which makes it nicer for everyone as you can give them some free roaming around the house without worry (assuming you work with them on chewing loose cables). Once comfortable/trusting - they will seek you out and sit on your lap to be pet. They will then rub the underside of their chin on you to claim you as their own. I'd have another if my wife could tolerate them. So would she.

ArkRescue

Adopt me please !
For anyone on the fence about rabbits - they are awesome pets. You'd be suprised how intelligent and affectionate they can be. Unfortunately, my wife is allergic so no more rabbits for us. But they are a blast to watch once they get comfortable. They will be sitting in the middle of your living room, just checking things out then BAM, they leap 4 feet in the air and bolt. They will run laps around the house then stop dead in their tracks and go back to relaxing. Nicknamed "Bunny Olympics." They can also be litter trained very easily which makes it nicer for everyone as you can give them some free roaming around the house without worry (assuming you work with them on chewing loose cables). Once comfortable/trusting - they will seek you out and sit on your lap to be pet. They will then rub the underside of their chin on you to claim you as their own. I'd have another if my wife could tolerate them. So would she.

I had a bunny that was hilarious and would run laps LOL

I agree, great pets. When you want to confine them, instead of the traditional cage, you can create a custom enclosure using cubes and coroplast (thin sign material which comes in many colors now), or you can buy a pre-made kit http://www.guineapigcages.com/cubes.htm. They mostly focus on guinea pigs but they also have a section on Rabbits.

Guinea pigs can also be good pets for those who want something smaller. Guinea pigs that are cared for properly can live up 6-8 years old. All of the guinea pigs I fostered lived to be 7+. I had cats and guinea pigs and once the cats lost interest in them pigs, it was all good.

ArkRescue

Adopt me please !
AND we can spoil him with a stainless steel, self cleaning, convection hutch!

My former neighbor (older lady) had a bunny in an outdoor cage and a kitty in another cage. One Winter we were hit with a lot of snow and knowing she couldn't get out back to feed/water them (the cages were about an acre away from her back door), I went over (took me a while to get there in 3' of smow), the bunny was rock solid, and I started crying. I had tried to convince the lady to bring the animals in the house. The cat didn't live long after a Summer of being feasted on by mosquitoes and died. Not sure how long it had been dead as I didn't check on them daily, but it died in the Winter also. People have this misconception that critters can survive fine in the Winter outside, that isn't always true. She never meant the critters any harm, she was just old and was raised that you didn't keep pets in the house. She used to tell me about her deceased hubby's horse Trigger that did a lot of tricks and she would have me bring my horse to the fence so she could pet her. She was really a nice old lady.

My former neighbor (older lady) had a bunny in an outdoor cage and a kitty in another cage. One Winter we were hit with a lot of snow and knowing she couldn't get out back to feed/water them (the cages were about an acre away from her back door), I went over (took me a while to get there in 3' of smow), the bunny was rock solid, and I started crying. I had tried to convince the lady to bring the animals in the house. The cat didn't live long after a Summer of being feasted on by mosquitoes and died. Not sure how long it had been dead as I didn't check on them daily, but it died in the Winter also. People have this misconception that critters can survive fine in the Winter outside, that isn't always true. She never meant the critters any harm, she was just old and was raised that you didn't keep pets in the house. She used to tell me about her deceased hubby's horse Trigger that did a lot of tricks and she would have me bring my horse to the fence so she could pet her. She was really a nice old lady.
My outdoor, previously stray cat that adopted me about 5 years ago will never be allowed in my house. So far he's survived quite a few harsh winters.

ArkRescue

Adopt me please !
My outdoor, previously stray cat that adopted me about 5 years ago will never be allowed in my house. So far he's survived quite a few harsh winters.

I've had outdoor kitties too, and converted most to house cats over the years. Currently there are 2 adults that I trapped and vetted and put back outside because they obviously had survived to be adults near the busy road, so I didn't fear for their safely as I did the kittens. I'd like to eventually convert them both to house kitties but Tex is a bruiser of a tomcat and he patrols the land and kicks butt regularly to keep other cats away from his home. He seems to have new battle scars every other week. He may have to stay outside because I don't want cat fights inside. He has a comfy blanket to sleep on that has a heating pad under it (semi enclosed deck during Winter), so he sleeps all snuggled up in the blanket or sleeps in the barn on the hay. The female uses the dog crate with the blanket and another eating pad. She even goes in there when the dog goes in there, she loves that dog! I put the dog out to go potty and sometimes he goes to the heated crate to take a nap. I'm not against outdoor pets, I just try to give the outdoor cats a way to get warm. I don't heat the barn or the chicken pens, but I know people who do. Some of the high priced boarding facilities for horses actually have heated stalls.

PS Tex is not feral at all.