Help with Pop ups

NTNG

I have MS Windows 7, and IE. I selected block pop ups on the internet options tab. I am now getting pop ups on every page, that turns every 3rd word into a hyperlink for web sites, as well as "warning" messages that can not be closed out, they just stay on the screen. They want you to call or click to speed up your pc, or clean a virus. I'm also getting smaller pop ups with "trust rating" verifications of a %. if I close the "trust rating" box, the pop up will go away, then return in 10-30 seconds, or if I navigate to a new page.
I have Norton 360, which has caught and contained attacks and viruses. These pop ups have made using our pc at home to surf the net damn near impossible. I'm flustered, and have no idea what I need to do to make this BS go away and not return. I need a geek! < not said to be mean! >

blazinlow89

Big Poppa
I have seen it on a few PC's that I have helped clean up. They usually come with extra toolbars or ad ons that are downloaded with games or other programs. You can manually delete them in the add/remove software in the control panel. You should also look into downloading either Firefox or Chrome.

NTNG

I have Chrome on the pc as well. I tried using that, and within a few moments they began to appear on the Chrome pages as well. :-(

DoWhat

Deplorable
PREMO Member
I have MS Windows 7, and IE. I selected block pop ups on the internet options tab. I am now getting pop ups on every page, that turns every 3rd word into a hyperlink for web sites, as well as "warning" messages that can not be closed out, they just stay on the screen. They want you to call or click to speed up your pc, or clean a virus. I'm also getting smaller pop ups with "trust rating" verifications of a %. if I close the "trust rating" box, the pop up will go away, then return in 10-30 seconds, or if I navigate to a new page.
I have Norton 360, which has caught and contained attacks and viruses. These pop ups have made using our pc at home to surf the net damn near impossible. I'm flustered, and have no idea what I need to do to make this BS go away and not return. I need a geek! < not said to be mean! >

Manage Add-ons

Makavide

Not too talkative
if one of the pop-ups is something like "Warning- your computer may be infected" "to remove virus call...." then it sounds like a possible virus.

you could go to start/control panel/programs/uninstall a program.

check the list out to see if you have any unwanted programs and uninstall.

if you have a anti-virus cd, trying rebooting the pc while the disk is in. it may run a scan during the reboot (depending on your anti-virus program).

NTNG

Thanks for the help. I found 2 programs in the list under install/uninstall that were creating the pop ups. deleting them fixed the issue. Thanks for the advice!

NTNG