Ain't this chart pretty? (Gas prices)

Well... the last 2 weeks of it anyway...

http://data.cnbc.com/quotes/%40RB.1/tab/2

That's a chart for August contracts for wholesale gasoline base (specifically, New York Harbor delivery of Reformulated Regular Gasoline Blendstock). Its price movements give us an idea what to expect with regard to pump prices. The correlation is far from perfect, but the trends tend to line up - with pump prices being a bit delayed in time.

migtig

aka Mrs. Giant
Hope it keeps dropping. It's down a penny today! Of course, with increased taxes, we aren't going to see the drop at the pump.

tommyjo

over the last month the difference from low to high is 12 whole cents...on a standard 16 gallon tank that amounts to $1.92 more per tank...oh the horror!

MarieB

over the last month the difference from low to high is 12 whole cents...on a standard 16 gallon tank that amounts to $1.92 more per tank...oh the horror!

Oh what a little snob you are looking down your nose at people for whom this does make a budgetary difference, and of course fuel price changes do not only effect how much we are paying at the pump.

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member

WTF is "Standard" about a 16 gallon tank? My F-450 holds 95 gallons..most of my Broncos hold 33...and so on. And, you should see the effect that "12 whole cents" has when I fill up my 32' boat, Sugar Tits. No..really..you should. Stop by and I'll show you. :evil:

Larry Gude

Strung Out
WTF is "Standard" about a 16 gallon tank? My F-450 holds 95 gallons..most of my Broncos hold 33...and so on. And, you should see the effect that "12 whole cents" has when I fill up my 32' boat, Sugar Tits. No..really..you should. Stop by and I'll show you. :evil:

Elitist scum. I hope you're happy with the Polar Vortex you and your ilk are imposing on the rest of us next week.

:roflmao:

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
If only it would fit on my plates...
:yay:

rereading my post, I'm now wondering how many people will think that "Sugar Tits" is the name of my boat, and not the term of endearment I affectionately employ as a nickname for TommyJo. :lmao:

Last edited:

Larry Gude

Strung Out
:yay:

rereading my post, I'm now wondering how many people will think that "Sugar Tits" is the name of my boat, and not the term of endearment I affectionately employ as a nickname for TommyJo. :lmao:

Speaking of punks, punctation (and punctuality for that matter) matters. A lot.

Consider;

"Let's eat, grandma!"

or

"Let's eat grandma!"

That's why I am scared of learning a foreign language. Enough goes wrong as it is with English.

Even if we stick to closing prices (which narrows the range), the high to low difference is closer to 16 cents. That drop was over less than 3 weeks - not an earth shattering or even particularly unusual move, but still welcome relief from the run up that preceded it. And just for giggles, 16 cents per gallon at the gasoline pump would represent about $20 Billion per year for Americans.

So... to toss a bit more good news into the middle of the day... that August RBOB price is down another 4 or 5 cents to $2.88. And WTI Oil is below $100 for the first time since the latest unrest in Iraq hit the headlines. Even Brent is down around $105.

Larry Gude

Strung Out
So... to toss a bit more good news into the middle of the day... that August RBOB price is down another 4 or 5 cents to $2.88. And WTI Oil is below $100 for the first time since the latest unrest in Iraq hit the headlines. Even Brent is down around $105.

Wake me up when we're where we should be. < $50