Yellowstone volcano increased activity. Possible eruption?

Monello

Smarter than the average bear
PREMO Member
Best to visit Old Faithful now while you can. 53 tremors in 3 days. Recent earthquakes in Japan. Run for your lives.

Yellowstone National Park is starting to get a lot of attention since we reported earlier that the National Guard is preparing for an event to happen there soon. It may be evident that the park’s super volcano, which it sits on, is about ready to erupt. For those who don’t believe, maybe they should see what Firehole Lake Lane — the road that leads to Firehole Lake, one of the parks landmarks — looks like. It has completely melted and looks like oatmeal, making it very unsafe for anyone or anything to use them.
Read more at http://www.inquisitr.com/1347184/ye...olcanos-eminent-eruption/#HsyDfwS4rE2zL3kv.99

Amused_despair

and how does the USA go from a superpower to a Third World country in less than a minute? Yellowstone erupting. This would be bad with a capital BAAAAA

Monello

Smarter than the average bear
PREMO Member
Looks like I'm going to have to change my plans for next summer.

Lurk

Happy Creepy Ass Cracka
:jameo: Why are those people just standing there?!?

They are waiting for the next geyser display. Seems Old Faithful would be a safer place to be since it vents the built up pressure rather than letting it build up to dangerous levels. Besides, they paid to get there and by damn they're gonna see it even it it kills them.

BOP

and how does the USA go from a superpower to a Third World country in less than a minute? Yellowstone erupting. This would be bad with a capital BAAAAA

It's taken longer than a minute, although, in the greater scheme of things....

It's taken about 6 years for America to go from being a superpower to a third world country.

Oooooh! It needs to hold off until I can finish pitching my lasted idea for an epic movie event to Sci-Fi Network... Bearcano! :jameo: Flaming bears raining down on unsuspecting towns... :jameo:

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
Oooooh! It needs to hold off until I can finish pitching my lasted idea for an epic movie event to Sci-Fi Network... Bearcano! :jameo: Flaming bears raining down on unsuspecting towns... :jameo:

:lol:

is that like a Shark-nado

glhs837

Power with Control
I think I will just wait here. If she blows this is plenty close enough for me.

For the eruption, however, being to the east of it is a bad deal, close better than far, but if it goes on the order of a supervolcano, you can expect serious consequences even here.

Hijinx

For the eruption, however, being to the east of it is a bad deal, close better than far, but if it goes on the order of a supervolcano, you can expect serious consequences even here.

I believe if it is a Supervolcano the whole world will feel it.

Perhaps be covered in ash for years.

If we live through it, it will be funny watching Al Gore and Obama blame it on man made Climate change.

glhs837

Power with Control
I said far, meant close, far better than close. World wont end, but depending on the season, having most of Americas breadbasket buried under feet and feet of ash disrupting not just crop cycles but also all ground transport, as we learned in the desert, engines and fine dust dont get along.

ArkRescue

Adopt me please !

NO KIDDING :yikes: :jameo:

for those who don't know ... that would affect the entire world's weather for years if they have a major eruption.

"YELLOWSTONE NATIONAL PARK -

The world's authority on Yellowstone National Park’s supervolcano says it's more than twice as big as scientists once thought. "

http://www.nbcmontana.com/news/scientists-report-yellowstone-supervolcano-bigger-than-previously-thought/26894932

"Yellowstone National Park closed a popular road Thursday (July 10) after geothermal heat cooked the asphalt."

http://news.discovery.com/earth/weather-extreme-events/road-melts-from-yellowstone-volcanos-heat-140714.htm

ArkRescue

Adopt me please !
More interesting info. about the super-volcano at Yellowstone:

"On Sunday, the worst earthquake in about 30 years rattled the Yellowstone supervolcano. Overall, there have been at least 25 significant earthquakes at Yellowstone National Park since Thursday, but it is the 4.8 earthquake that has many observers extremely worried.

Image: Yellowstone National Park (Wiki Commons).

Could such a large earthquake be a sign that the Yellowstone supervolcano is starting to roar to life after all this time? And if it does erupt, what would that mean for the rest of the country? As you will see below, a full-blown eruption at Yellowstone would be absolutely catastrophic. It is estimated that such an eruption could dump a 10 foot deep layer of volcanic ash up to 1,000 miles away and render much of the nation uninhabitable for years to come. In essence, it would instantly bring the United States to its knees."

http://www.infowars.com/what-would-an-eruption-of-the-yellowstone-supervolcano-look-like/