ATTENTION ALL BOXER LOVERS - help is needed for Laila

ArkRescue

Adopt me please !
I went to The Humane Society yesterday to see what was there because they are full and can't take any more (means most of those turned away go to kill shelters) and I saw many totally adorable dogs, some scared, some so lovable, and some looked desperate to get out of there.

Laila is a 12 year old spayed Boxer mix that looks like she is arthritic by the way she moves. They said at her age they realize she probably won't get adopted, so they are willing to let her to a long term foster home. Long term is relative to how long she lives obviously which could me mere months, or could be a few years. I couldn't get a good picture of her through the bars but she is such a sweet girl! I wish I could take her home and love on her for her remaining days but I can't due to having so MANY critters to keep up with.

Is there anyone who can cntact HS in Waldorf to foster this Boxer girl? She deserves to have a good end of life experience. If someone else has access to a better picture of her, please post it here. She really needs some love! Here is what I could online: http://www.petango.com/webservices/adoptablesearch/wsAdoptableAnimalDetails.aspx?id=23108754&css=http://sms.petpoint.com/WebServices/adoptablesearch/css/styles.css&PopUp=true

ArkRescue

Adopt me please !
She is estimated to be 12 years old. It would be a shame for her life to end due to lack of a home at her age. Can anyone give her a home for the time she has left? She seems like such a really sweet girl:

http://www.petango.com/webservices/adoptablesearch/wsAdoptableAnimalDetails.aspx?id=23108754&css=http://sms.petpoint.com/WebServices/adoptablesearch/css/styles.css&PopUp=true

Animal ID 23108754
Species Dog
Breed Boxer/Mix
Age 12 years 24 days
Sex Female
Size Large
Color Brown/Black
Spayed/Neutered
Declawed No
Housetrained Unknown
Site Humane Society of Charles County
Location Dog Run
Intake Date 6/28/2014

Last edited:

ArkRescue

Adopt me please !
I didn't mean to post about this girl twice - I got confused about another boxer female I saw. I need to get her picture also - I'll post here when I find the info.

ArkRescue

Adopt me please !
BUMP

Laila is still at The Humane Society waiting on a foster home. Please help her in her old age, and let her be happy the rest of her life. She really deserves to have a caring home.

ArkRescue

Adopt me please !
Please spread the word about Laila - she really needs to have a loving family for what is left of her senior days.

hokie11

i really hope she gets adopted or fostered out :( i love boxers, but i travel too much for work to be able to get another :(

ArkRescue

Adopt me please !
i really hope she gets adopted or fostered out :( i love boxers, but i travel too much for work to be able to get another :(

She was being walked the last time I was there picking up Hazel. I'm not sure of her history but they probably know something they can pass on, she looks like she's been through a lot though, I feel so bad for her. She appears to be in decent health too.

Ginger0314

She was being walked the last time I was there picking up Hazel. I'm not sure of her history but they probably know something they can pass on, she looks like she's been through a lot though, I feel so bad for her. She appears to be in decent health too.

There is a new Senior Rescue in Southern Maryland - Sugar Faces. Perhaps they could help.

ArkRescue

Adopt me please !
There is a new Senior Rescue in Southern Maryland - Sugar Faces. Perhaps they could help.

That's wonderful, I will look them up to get the word to them about Laila. I think I will be one of those organizations that caters toward the senior ones too. If things go well, my plan is to buy a property with a lot of land and barns/outbuildings and have an area set aside for retired service horses (law enforcement, farmers who still use real horsepower to work their farms, etc.). That way we can provide a retirement setting for them to finish out their lives instead of being put down as some are. Since I'll be living off of Social Security when I retire, I need the rescue business to be self-funding via donations because I won't have the income that I have now to help fund it.

ArkRescue

Adopt me please !
She is a sweet dog, I would take her but my border collie would never allow her in the house.

Bradley is another sweet old guy that could use a loving home for his golden years.
http://www.petango.com/webservices/...ces/adoptablesearch/css/styles.css&PopUp=true

awww he sounds great. I always seem to have had dogs that didn't get a long with other dogs (most of those were Rotties, but one was a police GSD), so when I picked this senior gal Hazel, I was determined to get a dog that can get along with other dogs. So when my boy is gone, I will add more dogs (yes plural), however I won't even come close to rivaling Camp Chaos LOL.

ArkRescue

Adopt me please !
I went to The Humane Society yesterday to see what was there because they are full and can't take any more (means most of those turned away go to kill shelters) and I saw many totally adorable dogs, some scared, some so lovable, and some looked desperate to get out of there.

Laila is a 12 year old spayed Boxer mix that looks like she is arthritic by the way she moves. They said at her age they realize she probably won't get adopted, so they are willing to let her to a long term foster home. Long term is relative to how long she lives obviously which could me mere months, or could be a few years. I couldn't get a good picture of her through the bars but she is such a sweet girl! I wish I could take her home and love on her for her remaining days but I can't due to having so MANY critters to keep up with.

Is there anyone who can cntact HS in Waldorf to foster this Boxer girl? She deserves to have a good end of life experience. If someone else has access to a better picture of her, please post it here. She really needs some love! Here is what I could online: http://www.petango.com/webservices/adoptablesearch/wsAdoptableAnimalDetails.aspx?id=23108754&css=http://sms.petpoint.com/WebServices/adoptablesearch/css/styles.css&PopUp=true

I just saw in this document about Laila that the HS commented about my comment about them turning away critters when they are full. In this document about Laila they say that's not true. I got that information from a FB post I saw on the HS Charles County FB page - that's the reason I got dressed and went to the HS that Sunday to see what they had in hopes I could encourage people to go look at critters I saw there. http://www.petango.com/Adopt/Dog-Boxer-23108754. I guess I need to go back to that FB post to re-read it in case I mis-read something?

klflocco

No animals are turned away

Is there anyone who can contact HS in Waldorf to foster this Boxer girl? She deserves to have a good end of life experience. If someone else has access to a better picture of her, please post it here. She really needs some love! Here is what I could online: http://www.petango.com/webservices/adoptablesearch/wsAdoptableAnimalDetails.aspx?id=23108754&css=http://sms.petpoint.com/WebServices/adoptablesearch/css/styles.css&PopUp=true

Please note that the Humane Society of Charles County in Waldorf, MD (71 Industrial Park Drive), does not turn away any domesticated animal. They will not take wildlife, but have contacts to help if a wild animal is brought to the shelter. No domesticated dog or cat (or feral cat) is EVER turned away. Unfortunately, if the shelter is too full and there is no space, tough decisions must be made on who stays and who goes and these are the days we wish we had more fosters to help with overcrowding.

NO ANIMALS SURRENDERED TO THIS SHELTER ABOVE IS EVER TURNED AWAY.

ArkRescue

Adopt me please !
Please note that the Humane Society of Charles County in Waldorf, MD (71 Industrial Park Drive), does not turn away any domesticated animal. They will not take wildlife, but have contacts to help if a wild animal is brought to the shelter. No domesticated dog or cat (or feral cat) is EVER turned away. Unfortunately, if the shelter is too full and there is no space, tough decisions must be made on who stays and who goes and these are the days we wish we had more fosters to help with overcrowding.

NO ANIMALS SURRENDERED TO THIS SHELTER ABOVE IS EVER TURNED AWAY.

OK I get it - so the part about having no space still is true then. The post I saw via FB (on Sunday the 13th I believe) said the shelter WAS FULL. I guess that's how my adopted dog Hazel ended up at Tri-County from HS. So being full does result in critters going to kill shelters, so that part is true.

I apologize for giving incorrect information that critters would be turned away. HS will accept the critter, even when full, and send some to the kill shelters if necessary. Either way, when HS is full, critters are going to the kill shelters, which was the point I was trying to make. The whole goal of us all is to help as many critters get adopted, and you all at HS do amazing work there under what can be quite emotional and stressful circumstances. It's not an easy job for sure.

klflocco

Please note that NO DOMESTIC ANIMALS are turned away from the shelter. Unfortunately, with the amount of surrenders and pets being dropped off, transfers do happen. Those days are extremely sad and it is on those days we wish we had more adoptions and foster families to free up kennel space. But if you go and surrender an animal, they are NOT TURNED AWAY.