Shah Associates - Prince Frederick

Cran2040

I had the WORST experience at Shah Associates in Prince Frederick yesterday. I arrived on time for my appointment at 2:15, was not even registered until 2:45 and not taken back until 3pm. When I got into the room, I asked the nurse when the doc would be in since I had another dr appointment at another office at 3:15pm. I was extremely polite, and it was a very simple question. She informed me that I was the only patient, and I was next. As soon as the doc entered the room, I was berated and SCREAMED at for "HARASSING" his staff asking how much longer??!?!? I explained that I had another appointment and I was trying to manage my time. He told me that all of the times that I had been seen (He WAS my primary care dr) that he was more than accommodating by seeing me (what did this have to do with anything). He then said, "I believe you should find a doctor who is smarter than I am." I said "I came here for you to review my MRI results and to get your opinion." His response, "I don't have time to review this." On the results, it clearly states abnormal, but when he read it, he said it looks normal to me. What a complete waste of time. I felt awful when I left, and will never go back. And of course, I was late for my other appointment.

Booboo3604

Why would you ever schedule one at doctors appointment at 2:15 followed with another at 3:15? Even if they were right next door to each other, I think you set yourself up for failure. I'm not sure how much I believe of the rest of the story as you said he told you he didn't have time to review the results and in the next sentence said he read them wrong, but here nor there, find a new doc and move on.

bilbur

I had the WORST experience at Shah Associates in Prince Frederick yesterday. I arrived on time for my appointment at 2:15, was not even registered until 2:45 and not taken back until 3pm. When I got into the room, I asked the nurse when the doc would be in since I had another dr appointment at another office at 3:15pm. I was extremely polite, and it was a very simple question. She informed me that I was the only patient, and I was next. As soon as the doc entered the room, I was berated and SCREAMED at for "HARASSING" his staff asking how much longer??!?!? I explained that I had another appointment and I was trying to manage my time. He told me that all of the times that I had been seen (He WAS my primary care dr) that he was more than accommodating by seeing me (what did this have to do with anything). He then said, "I believe you should find a doctor who is smarter than I am." I said "I came here for you to review my MRI results and to get your opinion." His response, "I don't have time to review this." On the results, it clearly states abnormal, but when he read it, he said it looks normal to me. What a complete waste of time. I felt awful when I left, and will never go back. And of course, I was late for my other appointment.

I have found this problem with many doctors in this area. There are too many people and not enough medical professionals. Years ago I would always get into appointments on time, give or take 10 minutes, but as the years passed it got worse and worse. Now I am happy if I get called back within 45 minutes of the appointment time. As for the rude comments I would hope you just caught the doctor on a bad day but they don't actually need to be nice anymore. With so much supply and so little demand for every one person that gets mad and doesn't go back there are at least 2 that will be there to take their place. Hopefully you can find a doctor that you like but you may want to check them out online to see if there are any reviews for wait times and experience. Good luck.

nobody really

I need a nap
I love the staff at Calvert Internal. I was in a pissy mood one day, not feeling good, and was waiting in the examining room for what i thought was too long. I got fussy with the nurse, and the doctor came in and apologized, and said he was overwhelmed. It made me feel bad for being such a pain in the a*s, but the other poster was right -- there are just too many patients and not enough doctors.

As for the doctor's rude comments, hell, post his friggin name and report him to the AMA, might not do any good, but find another doctor.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
I have found this problem with many doctors in this area. There are too many people and not enough medical professionals.

I am not sure about a lack of doctors or not, but it is very difficult to get someone for whom English is a primary language, when you want to switch doctors

I have never had any issues at the Waldorf Office

luvmygdaughters

I love the staff at Calvert Internal. I was in a pissy mood one day, not feeling good, and was waiting in the examining room for what i thought was too long. I got fussy with the nurse, and the doctor came in and apologized, and said he was overwhelmed. It made me feel bad for being such a pain in the a*s, but the other poster was right -- there are just too many patients and not enough doctors.

As for the doctor's rude comments, hell, post his friggin name and report him to the AMA, might not do any good, but find another doctor.

Makavide

Not too talkative
...There are too many people and not enough medical professionals...

And then there are the patients who make an appointment for one thing and then say "while I am here Doc, can you take a look at this as well..." stretching a 15 minute appointment into a 30 minute appointment. Or the Doc is spending his lunch hour at the hospital with some of his patients, that have been admitted, and something comes up....

SG_Player1974

AND THIS is why these forums suck... she gets blamed for not posting enough or at all, then making her appointments too close. You people suck ass.

Welcome to SOMD Forums.... Where it is so easy to place all the blame on the customer/patient/victim.

Then, turn around and complain about how services are terrible in their beloved area.... Hypocrites!!!

MMDad

Lem Putt
Still sounds better than the VA.

Get used to treatment like this. It is only going to get worse. One day you'll look back and think "gee, wouldn't it be nice if it only took me three hours to see the doctor for 5 minutes?"

mudpuddle

AND THIS is why these forums suck... she gets blamed for not posting enough or at all, then making her appointments too close. You people suck ass.

I like the forums...you get to see things from different perspectives.
They did say "welcome" to her post...I did the same thing. I joined years ago, and only recently I have begun to post--you can tell by my low number of posts!
I do think it was crazy of her to make the appointments close together...that is just common sense that you DON'T do something like that. My typical wait at the doctor's office is at least a half hour.
And I know most people in SOMD don't like the Shah's, I never had a bad experience with them!

Roman

All Doctors have someone that doesn't like them. I can't say I've ever heard anything bad about them. There are Doctors in Calvert County that use the Shah's as their primaries.

Roman

It is kind of funny that she scheduled her appointments so close. You are an R.N., and know how the system works. If you only have one day to make more than one appointment, you should make one in the morning, and the other in the afternoon. The forums don't suck, it's just a handful of people that do. These forums accommodated you in a very friendly manner when you first joined.

bilbur

You didn't seem to mention the ones that sympathized with her like myself and offered possible explanations. This forum, just like any community, is just a cross section of society. You have your good people, your bad people, and people that just complain. Again you are generalizing a whole group of people based on replies from one or two. Can you see the good in anything in life?