Alaska landscape pictures

Monello

Smarter than the average bear
PREMO Member
Here are some landscape pictures taken on the Kenai Peninsula. That is the area south of Anchorage. There are very few roads in that area. These sights are along the Seward and Sterling Highway. I remember my first trip down this road with my son. We were stopping every few miles to take pictures. At the rate we were going I thought we'd never get to Cooper Landing. Good thing the sun didn't set in late June.

If you appreciate sheer beauty then put this place on your To Visit list

enhanced-buzz-wide-19049-1403713385-10.jpg

http://www.buzzfeed.com/h2/fbsp/canon/photos-that-prove-alaska-is-pure-bliss-in-the-summertime

TPD

the poor dad
Alaska has been in the top 3 of our vacations over the years. Did a 4 day land tour including a train along with a 7 day cruise in Alaska in 2008 - WOW!

Attachments

• Alaska25.jpg
    Alaska25.jpg
    28.6 KB · Views: 114
  • Alaska24.jpg
    Alaska24.jpg
    23.8 KB · Views: 106
  • Alaska23.jpg
    Alaska23.jpg
    37.7 KB · Views: 109
  • Alaska22.jpg
    Alaska22.jpg
    61.6 KB · Views: 152
  • Alaska21.jpg
    Alaska21.jpg
    43.6 KB · Views: 129

Monello

Smarter than the average bear
PREMO Member
Alaska has been in the top 3 of our vacations over the years. Did a 4 day land tour including a train along with a 7 day cruise in Alaska in 2008 - WOW!

Where were your last 3 pictures taken? In 2008 I spent 3 months as a volunteer with the Alaska State Parks. I stayed in Lowell Point, which is just outside of Seward. The picture of Miller's landing in the link was in walking distance for me.

Did you pull into Seward on your cruise? I love that little town.

TPD

the poor dad
Where were your last 3 pictures taken? In 2008 I spent 3 months as a volunteer with the Alaska State Parks. I stayed in Lowell Point, which is just outside of Seward. The picture of Miller's landing in the link was in walking distance for me.

Did you pull into Seward on your cruise? I love that little town.

The last 2 pictures were taken between Anchorage & Whittier, I think just a couple miles before entering the tunnel to get into Whittier. The middle picture was taken in Skagway. We did not go to Seward. Spent a couple nights in Fairbanks and a couple nights in Denali National Park before taking the train to Whittier to get on the ship. The ship took us to Glacier Bay, Skagway, Juneau, Ketchikan, and we disembarked in Vancouver.

Larry Gude

Strung Out
Here are some landscape pictures taken on the Kenai Peninsula. That is the area south of Anchorage. There are very few roads in that area. These sights are along the Seward and Sterling Highway. I remember my first trip down this road with my son. We were stopping every few miles to take pictures. At the rate we were going I thought we'd never get to Cooper Landing. Good thing the sun didn't set in late June.

If you appreciate sheer beauty then put this place on your To Visit list
[/ATTACH]

http://www.buzzfeed.com/h2/fbsp/canon/photos-that-prove-alaska-is-pure-bliss-in-the-summertime

Incredible!!!