Spay/Neuter assistance?

DoRite

I work on Base and we have started trapping the stray cats around our building - We will be taking them to The Well Pet Clinic for the spay and neuters, is there anyway that you all know of to get better prices? We caught the mother the other day and the day before I was supposed to take her for spaying, I came home and had 5 kittens.

Now I was hoping to catch the last litter, but it looks like I have the male in my trap (good thing), so he is on his way to the vet now.

Just wondering if you all know any groups that will help offset some of this cost - the people in the office are "cheap"...

thanks you so much!

mAlice

professional daydreamer
Don't worry about it. The ferile cats on base are taken care of during hunting season.

Jameo

What?!
Have you told the lovely ladies at the Well Pet Clinic what your situations is? They may work with you a little more?

cattitude

My Sweetest Boy
Good for you!

I worked at NASA/GSFC years ago and there was a large feral cat colony. Lots of the employees fed them and cared for them and also trapped them, vetted them and then returned them. As I recall, several organizations within PG County offered assistance.

Try this organization . Explain what you are trying to do and they may actually help you.

These people might offer you ideas and help as well.

I can't recall excatly where it is, but there's a place somewhere around here that has acreage and has built cat pens (almost like flight pens for birds) that house feral cats.

Good luck and thanks for caring about those kitties.

mAlice

professional daydreamer
If the cats are going to be released after, they're just going to be shot this fall. The hunters on base have unofficial approval.

DoRite

Thank you all for your assistance! Who is Ken?

I don't like to hear that the hunters on base have "unofficial approval" although it doesn't surprise me. It would be better in my view if the Base would instead give their blessing to a "trap, spay/neuter, release" program. I know some bases do that as I had adopted a couple of feral cats a group a few years ago (I need to find their information again).

The girls at the clinic gave me a couple of numbers to call for groups that may do grants.

People are the cause of this, I wish people would take the responsibility...

Thanks again for all your help!

DoRite

Thank you for your question - I will clarify -

I am getting their Rabies shots at the same time -
The kittens that are caught will be socialized and adopted, after they are spayed or neutered.

I work with Rottweiler Rescue so I'm not a complete newcomer to the fact that "PEOPLE" are the cause of over population and breed problems.

These cats (the original abandoned ones) did NOT ask to live like this, they have adapted. Our building is not overrun by mice and I can only think it's due to the cat's living under our place. I know the one I caught in October and took home has kept me "mouse free" and yes, she was spayed and has her shots also.

Hello6

Princess of Mean
Originally posted by mAlice
You didn't say if you're going to release them so they can spread rabies.

:dork:

We're all really impressed that you'd like to shoot someone's pet that may be lost. Not all cats outside are feral. But since killing homeless cats seems like such a sport to you, why not move up and just start killing the homeless kids? I'm sure they have diseases they're spreading.:shrug:

mAlice

professional daydreamer
Originally posted by Hello6
:dork:

We're all really impressed that you'd like to shoot someone's pet that may be lost. Not all cats outside are feral. But since killing homeless cats seems like such a sport to you, why not move up and just start killing the homeless kids? I'm sure they have diseases they're spreading.:shrug:

When did I say I'd like to shoot anyone's pet? All I did was inform her that releasing them back into the same environment she's catching them in will result in nothing more than wasting her time and money because the cat's will be shot. Are you on the rag?

Hello6

Princess of Mean
When did I say I'd like to shoot anyone's pet? All I did was inform her that releasing them back into the same environment she's catching them in will result in nothing more than wasting her time and money because the cat's will be shot. Are you on the rag?

My menstural cycle has no effect on my ability to detect a s s holes and my retard detector went off when I saw your posts. You were telling her the "ferile" feral cats (no 's in that) would be shot. Sounds like you're looking forward to participating in the culling of the herd. You should kill yourself. Or have you already bred and tainted the gene pool?

mAlice

professional daydreamer
My menstural cycle has no effect on my ability to detect a s s holes and my retard detector went off when I saw your posts. You were telling her the "ferile" feral cats (no 's in that) would be shot. Sounds like you're looking forward to participating in the culling of the herd. You should kill yourself. Or have you already bred and tainted the gene pool?

Why are you reading stuff into my posts that aren't there? And your menstrual cycle seems to have something to do with you ability to comprehend.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
why not move up and just start killing the homeless kids?
Hey now!
icon3.gif

You know what's interesting? The opinion that it's the fault of humans that animals reproduce. #1, it's nonsensical. And #2, it's typically spouted by the same people that think animals should have "rights".

Does anyone bother to ask the cats if they want to be rounded up and mass spayed/neutered? And if this is such a great solution for cats, why can't we apply it to the human population that runs around procreating irresponsibly?

Just musing.

Hello6

Princess of Mean
Why are you reading stuff into my posts that aren't there? And your menstrual cycle seems to have something to do with you ability to comprehend.

You seem awfully obsessed with my period. Are you some sort of sexual deviant working on your red wings? :barf:
Let's see, my ability to comprehend that you're a :loser: is right on. You're promoting shooting cats. You are a retard. :shortbus:

mAlice

professional daydreamer
You seem awfully obsessed with my period. Are you some sort of sexual deviant working on your red wings? :barf:
Let's see, my ability to comprehend that you're a :loser: is right on. You're promoting shooting cats. You are a retard. :shortbus:

Where did I promote shooting cats? Will you please point this out to me? I am convinced you're on the rag. Look at your post.

Hello6

Princess of Mean
Originally posted by vraiblonde
Hey now!
icon3.gif

You know what's interesting? The opinion that it's the fault of humans that animals reproduce. #1, it's nonsensical. And #2, it's typically spouted by the same people that think animals should have "rights".

Does anyone bother to ask the cats if they want to be rounded up and mass spayed/neutered? And if this is such a great solution for cats, why can't we apply it to the human population that runs around procreating irresponsibly?

Just musing.
#1. If people don't care for their pets, they will breed and overpopulate, promoting disease. It is the owner's responsibility to spay or neuter their pet. They can't go fix themselves. We're the ones who domesticated them, we're responsible for their care. #2 Animals should have rights. The right to live thier life without the threat of being shot for the amusement of the "sportsman" How much skill does it take it to shoot a cat or dog? Careless people put them in the position they're in. They didn't chose to be put out and bred relentlessly. Pets are NOT disposable, but are constantly treated as such.

I'm all for culling the herd. Round up people and fix em! Stop stupid people from breeding, although it might run Wal Mart out of business. Get out the sterilization ray and point it at mAlice. Who should still go kill himself.