Penny Stocks

PeoplesElbow

Looking to hit a home run on a wild swing?

I like going for downtrodden companies like JcPenny, Blackberry, Sirius XM, and Rite Aid.

somdfunguy

not impressed
I bought SIRI years ago at .33 a share. Still holding a couple thousand shares. Hoping one day it goes big. Sprint was another one that did great for me. Bought at less than $3. Sold half my position but still have 1800 shares.

DoWhat

Deplorable
PREMO Member
I bought SIRI years ago at .33 a share. Still holding a couple thousand shares. Hoping one day it goes big. Sprint was another one that did great for me. Bought at less than $3. Sold half my position but still have 1800 shares.

Nice.

But I don't see that SIRI has ever been that low.
Nov. 15 2013 = 3.86

TPD

the poor dad
We have an investment club meeting tomorrow. We don't invest in penny stocks but we do look for quality stocks with proven track records that will double our money in 5 years.

Send me a PM for more info if interested in joining.

somdfunguy

not impressed
Nice.

Nov. 15 2013 = 3.86

Yeah I just looked at the chart and I'm guessing it was in the .60s. Can't login to my portfolio tracker but I know it was at a all time low and it was many many years ago.

Nice.

Nov. 15 2013 = 3.86

It fell below 10 cents a share around 5 years ago when it was on the verge of bankruptcy before Liberty Media came in and saved it. We were discussing it here on the forums at the time.

DoWhat

Deplorable
PREMO Member
It fell below 10 cents a share around 5 years ago when it was on the verge of bankruptcy before Liberty Media came in and saved it. We were discussing it here on the forums at the time.

The only thing I remember in the forums, from the past, is Kwillia taking a bath in the early morning hours and setting off the home alarm system.

TPD

the poor dad

Just an update for ya, not that you will remember tomorrow, but out of 15 stocks our club owns, 10 have had a compound annual return over the last 5 years of 15% or more - Harley 32%, Disney 31%, RPM 31%, Wells Fargo 28%, GE 21%, AFLAC 20%, Intel 19%, Colgate 17%, Medtronic 16%, Caterpillar 15%. Our biggest losers if you wanna call 'em that was Darden & Waste Management - they each only returned 11% annually over the last 5 years. Overall, the club has averaged about 19% annually for the last 5 years on investments of a bit more than $200,000.

tommyjo

Just an update for ya, not that you will remember tomorrow, but out of 15 stocks our club owns, 10 have had a compound annual return over the last 5 years of 15% or more - Harley 32%, Disney 31%, RPM 31%, Wells Fargo 28%, GE 21%, AFLAC 20%, Intel 19%, Colgate 17%, Medtronic 16%, Caterpillar 15%. Our biggest losers if you wanna call 'em that was Darden & Waste Management - they each only returned 11% annually over the last 5 years. Overall, the club has averaged about 19% annually for the last 5 years on investments of a bit more than $200,000.

Good lord. So you are choosing a time frame that begins when stocks were at GENERATIONAL LOWS and are patting yourself on the back for picking MOSTLY BLUE CHIPS coming off that low??

How amazingly guru like!

DoWhat

Deplorable
PREMO Member
Good lord. So you are choosing a time frame that begins when stocks were at GENERATIONAL LOWS and are patting yourself on the back for picking MOSTLY BLUE CHIPS coming off that low??

How amazingly guru like!

You young lady need a penis in your mouth.

DoWhat

Deplorable
PREMO Member

:yay::yay: