God sucks at driving

Misfit

Lawful neutral
http://www.addictinginfo.org/2014/0...he-let-go-of-wheel-and-ran-over-motorcyclist/

Depending on how you look at it, either God drove a car into motorcyclist Anthony Oliveri or – more likely – a woman took a leap of faith and the laws of physics did the rest.

While driving along the roads of Fort Wayne, Indiana, a car suddenly and inexplicably swerved directly into Oliveri. Police say the car not only ran over his bike, but also over Oliveri, leaving him badly injured on the road. The car kept on driving.

Police caught up with the woman who hit Oliveri several blocks down the road. According to the police report, the woman – identified as 25-year-old Prionda C. Hill – told them that “she was driving and out of no where God told her that he would take it from here and she let go of the wheel and let him take it.”

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Boy, how's that going to work? The prosecution can't really prove that God wasn't driving without also proving that there's no such thing as God.

Boy, how's that going to work? The prosecution can't really prove that God wasn't driving without also proving that there's no such thing as God.

Naw. No different than if a passenger in the seat next to her said, "I got this!" and she assumes they do, and they don't.

It's the ultimately the driver's responsibility to maintain control. The issue of existence never enters the discussion.

Misfit

Lawful neutral
The issue of existence never enters the discussion.

It may for Prionda....A bar called Drummond's, in Mt Vernon, Texas began construction on an expansion of their building, hoping to "grow" their business. In response, the local Southern Baptist Church started a campaign to block the bar from expanding - petitions, prayers, etc. About a week before the bar's grand reopening, a bolt of lightning struck the bar and burned it to the ground! Afterward, the church folks were rather smug - bragging about "the power of prayer". The angry bar owner eventually sued the church on grounds that the church ... "was ultimately responsible for the demise of his building, through direct actions or indirect means." Of course, the church vehemently denied all responsibility or any connection to the building's demise.

The judge read carefully through the plaintiff's complaint and the defendant's reply. He then opened the hearing by saying: "I don't know how I'm going to decide this, but it appears from the paperwork that what we have here is a bar owner who now believes in the power of prayer, and entire church congregation that does not."

Last edited:

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Naw. No different than if a passenger in the seat next to her said, "I got this!" and she assumes they do, and they don't.

It's the ultimately the driver's responsibility to maintain control. The issue of existence never enters the discussion.

Yeah, but I mean...God. How do you tell God, "No, I'm sorry, you can't drive"?

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
It may for Prionda....A bar called Drummond's, in Mt Vernon, Texas began construction on an expansion of their building, hoping to "grow" their business. In response, the local Southern Baptist Church started a campaign to block the bar from expanding - petitions, prayers, etc. About a week before the bar's grand reopening, a bolt of lightning struck the bar and burned it to the ground! Afterward, the church folks were rather smug - bragging about "the power of prayer". The angry bar owner eventually sued the church on grounds that the church ... "was ultimately responsible for the demise of his building, through direct actions or indirect means." Of course, the church vehemently denied all responsibility or any connection to the building's demise.

The judge read carefully through the plaintiff's complaint and the defendant's reply. He then opened the hearing by saying: "I don't know how I'm going to decide this, but it appears from the paperwork that what we have here is a bar owner who now believes in the power of prayer, and entire church congregation that does not."

That's awesome! :lol: Now I need to google and find the outcome....

EDIT:

Meh. Snopes says it's fake.