Driver stops to help ducklings, gets $100 ticket

ArkRescue

Adopt me please !
"NEWFIELDS, N.H. (AP) -- A New Hampshire woman who called police after stopping in a highway median to help some stranded ducklings plans to fight a $100 ticket."

http://wtop.com/681/3667176/Driver-stops-to-help-ducklings-gets-100-ticket

I have heard this before. If you brake for an animal and the person behind you runs into you, guess who is at fault? YOU ARE because braking for an animal doesn't constitute a valid reason to brake suddenly. The theory is that human life (person driving behind you) is more important than an animal's life.

Baja28

Obama destroyed America
I have heard this before. If you brake for an animal and the person behind you runs into you, guess who is at fault? YOU ARE because braking for an animal doesn't constitute a valid reason to brake suddenly. The theory is that human life (person driving behind you) is more important than an animal's life.
Exactly as it should be. You don't agree?

Baja28

Obama destroyed America
protected ... $ 1000 dollar or more fine you can get JAIL Time for intentionally killing one
They are not protected.
Early Resident Goose Season, Western Zone

Sept. 2–Sept. 25

Allegany, Baltimore, Carroll, Frederick, Garrett, Howard, Montgomery & Washington counties; and that part of Anne Arundel County west of Interstate 895, Interstate 97 and Route 3; and that part of Prince George’s County west of Route 3 and Route 301; and that part of Charles County west of Route 301 to the Virginia line.

8 per day, 16 total possession
http://www.eregulations.com/marylan...bless-migratory-game-bird-seasons-bag-limits/

ArkRescue

Adopt me please !
This woman stopped and got a father/daughter killed. She now faces life in prison.

Fast moving cars are dangerous. One slip by any of them and people can get killed. People mean well, they want to help, but they don't realize how dangerous it really is.

Baja28

Obama destroyed America
Fast moving cars are dangerous. One slip by any of them and people can get killed. People mean well, they want to help, but they don't realize how dangerous it really is.
Correct. That's why you don't hard brake for small animals.

I always brake hard. Don't want critter guts on my new truck. :coffee:

Ever hit a skunk then park in the garage?

ArkRescue

Adopt me please !
Correct. That's why you don't hard brake for small animals.

I don't, although I know that's hard to believe. I ran over a bobcat once on 301 and heard it bouncing off the undercarriage a couple times. I felt awful about it. I have run over a variety of critters and felt awful about it, but better that than get rear-ended by a car or truck. I will brake hard to avoid hitting a deer though (ran over one in the big SUV that I couldn't avoid), and I felt awful, and when I could pull over safely to check to see if it was dead (back country road), it was, so I felt relieved it wasn't suffering. People need to be paying attention EVERY SECOND they are driving.