Beretta Moving to Tennessee

Hank

my war
Opening in 2015

Beretta U.S.A. Corp., located in Accokeek, Maryland, announced today that it has decided to move its manufacturing capabilities from its existing location to a new production facility that it is building in Gallatin, Tennessee. The Gallatin facility is scheduled to be opened in mid-2015. Beretta U.S.A. had previously planned to use the new Gallatin, Tennessee facility for new machinery and production of new products only.

http://www.beretta.com/en-us/gallatin/#.U86085EIrnY.twitter

Chris0nllyn

*snort* I remember the thread where some insisted that they would still keep some production in Maryland no matter what. I said "no way".

There was this gem: http://forums.somd.com/threads/267832-Beretta-Leaves-Maryland?p=5100624&viewfull=1#post5100624 :killingme

Wonder what ole Mike "Beretta Isn't Going to Leave" Miller has to say now? What a buffoon.

I thought Steny said that. "If I can get people to vote on SB281 with Beretta in my district...." or something like that.

Also, this is only for new stuff. They'll still be making the M9 there to meet contract obligations with the US Military.

Last edited:

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
Also, this is only for new stuff. They'll still be making the M9 there to meet contract obligations with the US Military.

They are quite clearly moving it all..specifically including M9 production. They are only going to run out current contract M9s at the MD plant. (duh..it will be a while before the new facilities are built).

“While we had originally planned to use the Tennessee facility for new equipment and for production of new product lines only, we have decided that it is more prudent from the point of view of our future welfare to move the Maryland production lines in their entirety to the new Tennessee facility,” Cooper added.

Chris0nllyn

They are quite clearly moving it all..specifically including M9 production. They are only going to run out current contract M9s at the MD plant. (duh..it will be a while before the new facilities are built).

Yup, went back and read it again. they still plan on keeping some folks here though.
Beretta U.S.A. has no plans to relocate its office, administrative and executive support functions from its Accokeek, Maryland facility.

Good for them, but I hope they at least offer their current employees a chance to move as well.

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
Yup, went back and read it again. they still plan on keeping some folks here though.

Won't be but a handful of people...and I would expect they'll eventually end up closer to DC like the local satellite offices maintained by so many other defense contractors.

Key folks are always offered a job at the new location when these moves occur. For many, however, the costs of a move are prohibitive.

Gummie

Opening in 2015

Beretta U.S.A. Corp., located in Accokeek, Maryland, announced today that it has decided to move its manufacturing capabilities from its existing location to a new production facility that it is building in Gallatin, Tennessee. The Gallatin facility is scheduled to be opened in mid-2015. Beretta U.S.A. had previously planned to use the new Gallatin, Tennessee facility for new machinery and production of new products only.

Guess they will be making "Gallatin" guns now!

Vince

Opening in 2015

They've been working towards this for a few years now. Why stay in this stupid state when they'd have a hard time selling guns and having to pay out of sight taxes. Glad they've decided to move. owemalley and his buddies don't want them here.

nutz

Good for them, but I hope they at least offer their current employees a chance to move as well.

Well....One of our renters works(ed) there and is now 45 days past due on the rent. :strangle:

GW8345

Not White House Approved
Over 60 posts today! No life! No friends! No guts!

Um, I wouldn't tell someone they don't have a life, you've spent how much time figuring out how many post someone on here made in a day and then followed them around the site responding to them.

Maybe you should take up a hobby, like skydiving without a parachute.

Salvador

One Nation Under God
Um, I wouldn't tell someone they don't have a life, you've spent how much time figuring out how many post someone on here made in a day and then followed them around the site responding to them.

Maybe you should take up a hobby, like skydiving without a parachute.

oh zing. how old are you 90? what a cut down! for a 90 year old! You get your jokes from bob hope?

:killingme :killingme :killingme

:popcorn: