What's in YOUR dinner?

NY Polish homemade kielbasa grilled outside, on a toasted bun with sauerkraut and spicy mustard.

:yum:

TPD

the poor dad
Fresh sweet corn with butter and old bay chased by sliced tomatoes, mayo, and cheese with 2 pieces of sunbeam white bread as the edible container. :yum:

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Chaptico chicken. 'Nuff said. :yum:

I'm glad you mentioned this - I meant to complain and forgot.

I went there to get a couple pieces of chickie and they said I couldn't just get chicken by the piece anymore. I had to get either a 2 pc dinner or a whole bucket. Did they tell you the same thing? That's annoying because what I wanted was just 2 wings and 2 thighs.

jazz lady

~*~ Rara Avis ~*~
PREMO Member
I'm glad you mentioned this - I meant to complain and forgot.

I went there to get a couple pieces of chickie and they said I couldn't just get chicken by the piece anymore. I had to get either a 2 pc dinner or a whole bucket. Did they tell you the same thing? That's annoying because what I wanted was just 2 wings and 2 thighs.

I always get the 2 piece dinner, dark meat tyvm, but overheard a convo with the guy next in line who wanted just specific pieces - I think it was 3 wings and 2 drumsticks or something like that. The gal working said they were under strict orders now to not do special requests like that as they had to "save the chicken" for those coming in to order the family meal so they wouldn't run out. He was like "money is no object" but gal was like "unless you're getting a complete dinner, it ain't happening."

Commies. :lol:

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
I always get the 2 piece dinner, dark meat tyvm, but overheard a convo with the guy next in line who wanted just specific pieces - I think it was 3 wings and 2 drumsticks or something like that. The gal working said they were under strict orders now to not do special requests like that as they had to "save the chicken" for those coming in to order the family meal so they wouldn't run out. He was like "money is no object" but gal was like "unless you're getting a complete dinner, it ain't happening."

Commies. :lol:

Now, doesn't it seem silly to "save the chicken" (that is the phrase the gal used to me as well) for these hypothetical family meals that may occur but haven't yet? A bird in the hand, no pun intended? They were frying more legs anyway, so I didn't see the big deal in frying other parts so I could have what I wanted. :mad:

jazz lady

~*~ Rara Avis ~*~
PREMO Member
Now, doesn't it seem silly to "save the chicken" (that is the phrase the gal used to me as well) for these hypothetical family meals that may occur but haven't yet? A bird in the hand, no pun intended? They were frying more legs anyway, so I didn't see the big deal in frying other parts so I could have what I wanted. :mad:

I guess they were well taught on what to say to their customers about special orders. :lol: I do understand where they're coming from as I've stopped there to get my 2-piece, dark meat dinner and they were out of legs so they gave me 2 chicken thighs, which is actually what I want, so it was actually a win situation for me. But I have also stopped there and gotten behind the person who wants a boatload of wings/legs/etc. on a busy Friday night so I know they would be out for the normal dinner ordering person.

I think a better option would be for them to require "special orders" to be done well in advance so they can better track their chicken pieces inventory and their ability to fulfill any requests.

And also get away from that stupid "take a number" system they implemented a few months ago. It isn't working. :lol:

KDENISE977

Hmmm...what's in said fridge? Well, left over Chinese, left over spaghetti, left over baked beans, left over rice...and corn :ohwell:

WTH can I make outta that ? :shrug:

acommondisaster

Left over "I-was-too-lazy-to-make-enchiladas-so-I-just-layered-it-all-in-a-dish-like-lasagna, but-it's-still-enchiladas" enchiladas. And some chips and salsa.

Bann

Doris Day meets Lady Gaga
PREMO Member
Left over "I-was-too-lazy-to-make-enchiladas-so-I-just-layered-it-all-in-a-dish-like-lasagna, but-it's-still-enchiladas" enchiladas. And some chips and salsa.

My mother made enchiladas that way my entire life! Her enchiladas were not rolled, but layered. She and my dad were living in Beaumont, TX when they first got married. Of course, he was just a E1 or something and they had no money. :nomoney:

She said she made her own tortillas and they ate a lot of them! She would make it all in an oblong casserole dish: sauce on the bottom, 2 tortillas on the bottom, more sauce on the tortillas, cheese, chopped onions, and over again until she had two stacks. I've made them that way my whole life, too. :yum: