Damn! Another crazy with a gun. Oh, the humanity of it all.

Chris0nllyn

He also shot a woman who said she was preganant as she ran away. I wouldn't be suprised if he got charged.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
This is one of those stupid laws that favor criminals. If someone breaks into your house they should be considered game. If they run, that just gives it sport.

GW8345

Not White House Approved
This is one of those stupid laws that favor criminals. If someone breaks into your house they should be considered game. If they run, that just gives it sport.

So here's a hypothetical situation;

You come home and find your house was broken into, you then noticed that across the street you see your neighbors kid walking around with some of your stuff so you go over there and shoot him, no questions asked uh?

To bad he had just bought the stuff from one of his friends and didn't know they were stolen but hey, you got that "robber" didn't you.

This guy didn't need to shot anyone, he could have held her at gun point and waited for the cops to arrive. To me, he's guilty of 2nd murder.

I'm all for punishing criminals but when you let ordinary citizens take the law into their own hands that will be the start of anarchy in this country. A person can accuse anyone they don't like of committing a crime and gun them down, or invite someone into their house and shot them and claim they were being robbed.

BOP

You come home and find your house was broken into, you then noticed that across the street you see your neighbors kid walking around with some of your stuff so you go over there and shoot him, no questions asked uh?

To bad he had just bought the stuff from one of his friends and didn't know they were stolen but hey, you got that "robber" didn't you.

This guy didn't need to shot anyone, he could have held her at gun point and waited for the cops to arrive. To me, he's guilty of 2nd murder.

I'm all for punishing criminals but when you let ordinary citizens take the law into their own hands that will be the start of anarchy in this country. A person can accuse anyone they don't like of committing a crime and gun them down, or invite someone into their house and shot them and claim they were being robbed.

Look at it this way: it saves citizens from catch-and-release by the so-called justice system, saves the cost of a trial, and she won't be doing burglaries again.

Amused_despair

the guy is 80 years old, with a decent lawyer they can appeal and re-appeal this crap until he is done and goes on to his final reward. If prego didn't want to get shot...here is a life-saving tip: don't steal. Now if he had gotten on Amtrack and followed her all the way back to Philly and shot her as she was trying to grab a taxi to get home....well yeah that MAY be a bit excessive. But right after they assaulted him? Nah, temporary insanity brought on from adrenalin rush and justified anger at the rudeness of people.(I have no idea if she would head to Philly it was the first city that popped in my head)

Hijinx

the guy is 80 years old, with a decent lawyer they can appeal and re-appeal this crap until he is done and goes on to his final reward. If prego didn't want to get shot...here is a life-saving tip: don't steal. Now if he had gotten on Amtrack and followed her all the way back to Philly and shot her as she was trying to grab a taxi to get home....well yeah that MAY be a bit excessive. But right after they assaulted him? Nah, temporary insanity brought on from adrenalin rush and justified anger at the rudeness of people.(I have no idea if she would head to Philly it was the first city that popped in my head)

You have the right to remain silent. The old man should have taken advantage of that.

The deed was done the old man had some justification, then he opens his mouth and shoves his foot in it.

Possibly partially senile, that's what I would use if I were his lawyer.

I must add this shooting the woman after she was on the ground and saying she was pregnant would have kept me from firing the fatal shot. I am not quite that cold blooded yet. I would imagine when this old man was 50 he wasn't either. But being 80 and being assaulted at that age can make you hard.

Blister

The kid across the street and her boyfriend did not tackle him and break his shoulder and collar bone while robbing him.

Lurk

Happy Creepy Ass Cracka
if they can make it to the property line ...... :whistle:

That's the challenge. Shooter has about six seconds to acquire, identify, engage, and shoot. Target has about six seconds to beat ass outta there.

Amused_despair

Maybe because Blister quoted you. :shrug:

The ignore feature needs to be more intuitive to block it even when people quote those who are on ignore, then again these situations are normally a good way for the ignoring person to say to themselves "oh yeah, that's why I had that person on IGNORE, for posting drivel like that"