might be needing some help here...

waterdog

Hello everyone! I've been a lurker on somd for quite some time now, just never chimed in.
anyway, i'm finding myself in a bad situation. Domestic situation. and probably very soon I may not be able to care
for my dogs. I have 3 dogs I may not be able to take to an apartment so I don't know what to do. I don't know what my options
are here. No one I know can even foster one until I get things situated. Trying not to say much detail cause my stbx also reads on here.
Can't trust him to care for them. Many times he has tried to let them run away, and when my pups are scared, they will run! Right now i'm
in a holding pattern, but I know things are gonna change really soon. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated :(

DoWhat

Deplorable
PREMO Member
Hello everyone! I've been a lurker on somd for quite some time now, just never chimed in.
anyway, i'm finding myself in a bad situation. Domestic situation. and probably very soon I may not be able to care
for my dogs. I have 3 dogs I may not be able to take to an apartment so I don't know what to do. I don't know what my options
are here. No one I know can even foster one until I get things situated. Trying not to say much detail cause my stbx also reads on here.
Can't trust him to care for them. Many times he has tried to let them run away, and when my pups are scared, they will run! Right now i'm
in a holding pattern, but I know things are gonna change really soon. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated :(
What kind of dogs?

waterdog

a westie, he is 7, a mix black lab, she is 3, and a mix chiweenie, he is also 3. I also have a chihuahua that I'm going to try to take to the apt.
she is only 4 lbs. Not many places are ok with pets, and my income is tight.

Last edited:

DoWhat

Deplorable
PREMO Member
a westie, he is 7, a mix black lab, she is 3, and a mix chiweenie, he is also 3

Do you want to keep them together?
Will you allow adoption or just have someone keep them for you until you find a place where you can have them?

acommondisaster

Do you want to keep them together?
Will you allow adoption or just have someone keep them for you until you find a place where you can have them?

This. I'd foster a smaller dog for you if needed, but only one, provided there are no out the ordinary health issues I'd have to deal with.

waterdog

It would be great if they could be together to lessen their stress, but I know this might not be possible. I would like to seek out a foster situation, with me helping with food, vet costs,
etc. The lab and chiweenie adore each other. Right now things are ok, but a move will be pending, and there is nothing I can do about it. I just do not want to take them to a shelter!
2 of them are rescues, and I would hate it to put them back in that enviornment.

DoWhat

Deplorable
PREMO Member
This. I'd foster a smaller dog for you if needed, but only one, provided there are no out the ordinary health issues I'd have to deal with.

I would never want to foster.
It would suck for me and my current animals to get attached, then boom, they are gone.

waterdog

thank you, acommondisaster :) they both are skiddish around people, but have adjusted very well when they were boarded during vacation. I'm sorry. I'm feeling horrible right now. They are like children. None have any health issues. They are all utd on shots. I will keep you posted on the situation. As long as I am in the house I can hang on to them for alittle while.
This sucks :(

waterdog

My lab is a pure sweetheart. I might consider adoption with her. She wouldn't do well in an apartment. She likes to run! Oh! but she is a great squirrel hunter!

waterdog

no pics. I'm in a domestic issue and I'm not comfortable, even though he says they are my dogs, and I'll just have to get rid of them, like they are some trash you throw out!
Anyway, my big girl is half lab/half pointer. she has those beautiful eyes of a pointer, with a lab face and body with slim pointer legs.She is a squirrel and bird chaser, and she is fast as lightening with her long legs, so I have to give the birds a chance to fly away before I let her out!

acommondisaster

I would never want to foster.
It would suck for me and my current animals to get attached, then boom, they are gone.

The alternative of her taking them to a shelter or a rescue breaks my heart enough to want to help out.

Of course, we will have to be sure that my gladiator chihuahuas get along with her dog.

acommondisaster

I'm sure they can, but they don't fit into our life style.

Then you adopt them out.
Well, there is that. If she were to say she can't take them again, I'd be in favor of her finding someone who will adopt them. I got the feeling she wants them back. I think when the time comes, we'll talk about what's best for all (her, the dogs, us).

What do you do in your life that would totally exclude a small dog, but not cats?