Power Washer Cleaning Soluntions

OldHillcrestGuy

Ive been power washing the house this week and I have heard many different solutions and mixes that people use. Ive been using something the wife picked up at Sears. Cant remember the name but its a smaller bottle then alot of these gallon bottles. You mix 4oz with 64oz of water in a sprayer. Its has done a decent job. I have also heard many different ways to use clorox and different amounts of clorox mixed with water. Anyone who's used the clorox mix is it harmful to the bushes and flowers? Son has used Krud Buster (I think thats it)and says its great. Still have the whole front side and 2 sides to do and 2 large sheds to do. Just looking for maybe idea's for other cleaning solutions This is vinyl siding that Im power washing.

nutz

Ive been power washing the house this week and I have heard many different solutions and mixes that people use. Ive been using something the wife picked up at Sears. Cant remember the name but its a smaller bottle then alot of these gallon bottles. You mix 4oz with 64oz of water in a sprayer. Its has done a decent job. I have also heard many different ways to use clorox and different amounts of clorox mixed with water. Anyone who's used the clorox mix is it harmful to the bushes and flowers? Son has used Krud Buster (I think thats it)and says its great. Still have the whole front side and 2 sides to do and 2 large sheds to do. Just looking for maybe idea's for other cleaning solutions This is vinyl siding that Im power washing.

Dollar tree stores carry a cleaner called AWESOME. One of the guys recommended it and that stuff works for everything Ive tried. Vinyl siding, carpet, vehicle interiors, stove top.....I had some orangy rust staining on white vinyl siding and AWESOME made it disappear. For a dollar, it's worth a try.

MR47930

I used the product "mold armor" from Lowes to remove some mildew from our vinyl siding. It screws right into the end of the hose and all you do is spray it on, wait 5-10 minutes and spray it off. No scrubbing involved and you dont have to worry about messing up the siding with the pressure washer. I bought 4 jugs of the stuff but if I was to do it all over I would just buy 1 jug and then a gallon of outdoor clorox.

Bleach will kill the plants if no diluted enough. Have been told it's OK to use so long as you #1 hose down the plants before using the bleach (so it doesn't get immediately sucked up by the plants) and #2 hose down the plants while bleach is on them to further dilute it and wash it off the plants. You can also cover the plants with a plastic sheet and then rinse that off before removing it and then hose the ground to dilute the bleach runoff from the sheet. I'd rather spend the money and get a house cleaner that is plant safe in an area where I had plants that I wanted to protect.

Crewdawg141

IYAMYAS!!!!!
Simple Green, Purple Power, and Orange Blast work on various things that I clean or degrease and they are biodegradable. No matter what you use, huntr1's ideas of water, cover, water some more is the safest bet to try to protect any foliage or plant.

PeoplesElbow

I use to use cleaner with the power washer but then realized that I was just wasting money on cleaner, the power washing itself took care of everything without the use of any cleaner.

If you really feel that you need some type of cleaner TSP (Trisodium Phosphate) is about the best thing you can get, they sell it in the paint section of Lowes and just about anywhere that sells paint.