I'll take bullying for $10,000 Alex

TPD

the poor dad
Did anyone else see the article in today's Enterprise about the $10,000 grant the St Mary's County commissioners received from the Feds to do something about bullying but they don't know how they are supposed to spend it? JFC WTF!!!

BernieP

Resident PIA
Did anyone else see the article in today's Enterprise about the $10,000 grant the St Mary's County commissioners received from the Feds to do something about bullying but they don't know how they are supposed to spend it? JFC WTF!!!

no, most of missed that.

$10K, not a lot of money. Seriously, If you handed me $10K and said "do something about bullying", I'd be at a loss. First, what can you do? Second, "how much can you do with $10K"?
Then again, I didn't apply for the grant.

Lurk

Happy Creepy Ass Cracka
no, most of missed that.

$10K, not a lot of money. Seriously, If you handed me $10K and said "do something about bullying", I'd be at a loss. First, what can you do? Second, "how much can you do with $10K"?
Then again, I didn't apply for the grant.

I would buy a 4 x 8 piece of plywood, stand it up against a light pole and paint "Cut that #### out!' on it. I'd pocket the remainder (as all the big charities do) as operating expense.

glhs837

Power with Control
Man, I could make that vanish pretty fast. 10K? Hire some pal of mine to make a local flavor PSA, buy some ads for the sides of the STS buses and the bus stop shelter makers. Done. Or did you mean meaningful spending that has a chance of doing something beyond making liberals feel good?

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Man, I could make that vanish pretty fast. 10K? Hire some pal of mine to make a local flavor PSA, buy some ads for the sides of the STS buses and the bus stop shelter makers. Done. Or did you mean meaningful spending that has a chance of doing something beyond making liberals feel good?

^This^

I hope this bullying fad dies out soon. It's getting boring.

NorthBeachPerso

Honorary SMIB
If they got a grant then somebody wrote it. Which means that there had to be a plan submitted for how the grant was to be used.

BernieP

Resident PIA
If they got a grant then somebody wrote it. Which means that there had to be a plan submitted for how the grant was to be used.

LOL - one would think. Or maybe the request for was for say $100,000 and the plan was to hire a "professional".
$10K comes in and now "plan A" isn't going to work.

I think they should use the money to buy rainbow sherbert for all the kids and tell them to work hard and be nice.

CaneCorso

How about using it to set up karate/self defense classes for the pussies so they can kick the bullies @$$ or would that be bullying the bully???
:sarcasm:

BernieP

Resident PIA
How about using it to set up karate/self defense classes for the pussies so they can kick the bullies @$$ or would that be bullying the bully???
:sarcasm:

that would be assault :)
Aside from the PC issues (both parties would be suspended), I can tell you from first hand experience that by sheer dumb bad luck, just as you kick the bully's arse, some teacher will walk out and see you laying the beat down... not what provoked it.
The old law of the retaliation is always caught, not the instigator.