Results 1 to 6 of 6

Thread: Snake Removal

  1. #1
    Registered User Brucebwb's Avatar
    Member Since
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Aquasco, MD
    Posts
    11

    Snake Removal

    Good Morning Southern Maryland!

    I'm looking for anyone with lots of junk piles and/or debris (Wood, shingles, siding, etc.) on their land and wouldn't mind me looking through it to safely remove snakes from your property.

    I know some people enjoy snakes like the Black Rat Snake and Cornsnake to help cut down on mice eating their feed, however there are plenty of people out there who just don't want snakes on their land period.

    There is no fee for me removing that snakes from your land. I'm just looking for folks who don't mind me checking over their property and removing any snakes found including the venomous copperhead.

    Thanks and drop me a message if interested.

  2. #2
    Quote Originally Posted by Brucebwb View Post
    Good Morning Southern Maryland!

    I'm looking for anyone with lots of junk piles and/or debris (Wood, shingles, siding, etc.) on their land and wouldn't mind me looking through it to safely remove snakes from your property.

    I know some people enjoy snakes like the Black Rat Snake and Cornsnake to help cut down on mice eating their feed, however there are plenty of people out there who just don't want snakes on their land period.

    There is no fee for me removing that snakes from your land. I'm just looking for folks who don't mind me checking over their property and removing any snakes found including the venomous copperhead.

    Thanks and drop me a message if interested.
    What are your plans for the snakes? New belts and purses?

  3. #3
    Registered User Brucebwb's Avatar
    Member Since
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Aquasco, MD
    Posts
    11
    Haha, No I wouldn't do that nor do I know how. I've seen a lot of people kill snakes just for being on their property. It's just a personal interest and hobby I have. They will be released into a few different Wildlife Management Areas.

  4. #4
    Quote Originally Posted by Brucebwb View Post
    Haha, No I wouldn't do that nor do I know how. I've seen a lot of people kill snakes just for being on their property. It's just a personal interest and hobby I have. They will be released into a few different Wildlife Management Areas.
    A friend of mine tried to run over a black snake recently and I said no, please don't. The snake knew something was up and was hauling butt to get away. I only kill the ones that end up in my chicken pen eating eggs. Once they start on the eggs, they keep coming back, so now I don't given them chances anymore as I used to.
    Making a Difference for Critters Big and Small
    We are now a 501 (c)(3) non-profit!
    Please help us by donating - we need supplies for the critters awaiting adoption.
    Select us as your Charitable beneficiary on Amazon Smile (smile.amazon.com) CLICK HERE

  5. #5
    Registered User Brucebwb's Avatar
    Member Since
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Aquasco, MD
    Posts
    11
    Well If you find any in your chicken pen and feel up to it, you can catch them and let me know and I will come by and remove them.

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by Brucebwb View Post
    Well If you find any in your chicken pen and feel up to it, you can catch them and let me know and I will come by and remove them.
    I used a smaller mesh hardware cloth on the pens when I rebuilt them to prevent the larger snakes from getting in. Although I am sure a persistent snake could find a way in somewhere. I think all the local wildlife have given up on getting in my chicken pens after my "lessons learned" with snakes, foxes, and others. Even a raccoon isn't going to figure out how to open all the locks to get inside, and raccoons can be pretty smart.
    Making a Difference for Critters Big and Small
    We are now a 501 (c)(3) non-profit!
    Please help us by donating - we need supplies for the critters awaiting adoption.
    Select us as your Charitable beneficiary on Amazon Smile (smile.amazon.com) CLICK HERE

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Search:     Advanced Search
Search HELP

| Home | Help | Contact Us | About somd.com | Privacy | Advertising | Sponsors | Newsletter |

| What's New | What's Cool | Top Rated | Add A Link | Mod a Link |

| Announcements | Bookstore | Cafe | Calendar | Classifieds | Community |
| Culture | Dating | Dining | Education | Employment | Entertainment |
| Forums | Free E-Mail | Games | Gear! | Government | Guestbook | Health | Marketplace | Mortgage | News |
| Organizations | Photos | Real Estate | Relocation | Sports | Survey | Travel | Wiki | Weather | Worship |