Greatest music loss???

5 Greatest losses

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Larry Gude

Strung Out
I vote for John Lennon and I'm really not much of a fan but, the combination of his undeniable genius and the fact that he was murdered and not some moron who choked on their own puke, makes him my greatest loss. Actually, SRV is my number one. His life was taken and I loved his playing.

Stevie Ray Vaughn

So, who you got and why?

I tried to keep out people who lived a full career (Cash) but, obviously, there are a LOT to choose from and I added Elvis though I mostly tried to stay under 40. My goal here is who do you think would have added most to the musical tapestry of our lives had they lived to 50-60? Michael Jackson and Mercury are in because it just seems like they would have done more. I also tried to keep it from being too obscure so, Paul Baloff of Exodus didn't make the cut. :evil:

Please vote for your top 5 biggest loss, the people you think would have given us all the most. And feel free to do write ins and, of course, a small blurb about each as to why and, of course, feel free to blast one anothers picks.

Last rule; let's try and make it to 10 pages or so before it devolves into something about sex or other off topics. Ok, I said that just for the hell of it...

Last last rule; WAIT FOR THE FREAKING POLL

And, keep in mind, I was limited to 15!

Hank

my war
Toss up between Jimi & Lennon.... Lennon was able to release more music before his death, so it would have been nice to see where Jimi was going with his music.... My vote is for Jimi.

Last edited:

Monello

Smarter than the average bear
PREMO Member
The day the music died. 3 taken out in a storm. 1 was still a teenager. Holly was just 22 and Richardson was 28. They still had a lot of music left between them.

Radiant1

Soul Probe
For me it was a toss up between Jimi and Randy because they both had a very unique and distinctive style/sound. I voted for Randy because he was gone too soon and it would have been fascinating to see where he would take his classical training under the influence of Ozzy.

Merlin99

Visualize whirled peas
PREMO Member
I think Freddy Mercury, as well as having one of the best singing voices, was one of the best entertainers ever.

FireBrand

~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Bert Jansch, Michael Hedges, Sandy Denny, David Byron, John Bonham, Ronnie James Dio, Tommy Bolin, Nick Drake, Rory Gallagher, Johnny Winter . . . . . . .
Way too many to name.

Ken King

A little rusty but not crusty
PREMO Member
My greatest loss was just the other day. I was updating the stereo in my 1978 F-150. Dropped the unit stepped on it and destroyed my Pink Floyd Dark Side of the Moon 8-track. I don't know if I will survive.

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
My greatest loss was just the other day. I was updating the stereo in my 1978 F-150. Dropped the unit stepped on it and destroyed my Pink Floyd Dark Side of the Moon 8-track. I don't know if I will survive.
Back in the day, I wore out 3 cassettes of Houses of the Holy by Led Zeppelin.

Still my all time favorite. :lol: