9 Months After Shutdown, DC Hit With Baby Boom

ArkRescue

Adopt me please !
"(Newser) – As the nation's capital languished during October's 16-day government shutdown, a nurse in Washington, DC, made a Facebook prediction: “Furlough babies????" Lo and behold nine months later, reps at Sibley Memorial Hospital, where the nurse works, say there’s been a nearly 33% increase in births over the last month, says the Washington Post, while two other area hospitals report similarly notable jumps. Anecdotal evidence seems to support the timeline, with one FDA analyst recalling the time around her new daughter’s conception as "all kind of hazy," while a Pentagon worker cops to "celebrating congressional action" with his wife. "

http://www.newser.com/story/191654/9-months-after-shutdown-dc-hit-with-baby-boom.html

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
That never makes sense to me, these baby booms. Celebrate your possible layoff by...getting pregnant. BRILLIANT! Don't these people rumpshake any time other than during massive snowstorms and layoffs?

BadGirl

I am so very blessed
That never makes sense to me, these baby booms. Celebrate your possible layoff by...getting pregnant. BRILLIANT! Don't these people rumpshake any time other than during massive snowstorms and layoffs?
When you are not working, there is more time to rumpshake. This explains why there are so many babies born to welfare recipient - what else is there to do?

ArkRescue

Adopt me please !
When you are not working, there is more time to rumpshake. This explains why there are so many babies born to welfare recipient - what else is there to do?

:yeahthat: - normally busy people were stuck at home together and once they caught up on the shows on their DVR ... what else was there to do? LOL

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
"Well, Myrtle, we're all caught up on Dancing With the Stars and American Idol. Go take your clothes off."

:lol: