Irresponsible gun owner, reluctantly

Amused_despair

Seems to me would have been better if people had written her and told her to get some training on handling her weapon, get her set up with a good shooting range where she could become more familiar with handling the pistol, shooting it, cleaning it, just handling it in general. Not sure why the death threats were felt to be necessary. Maybe she should have gotten a smaller pistol like Taurus Public Defender instead of a Glock, might not have seemed like such a constant presence in her purse. But I guess the point of her article was to do the least amount of effort possible to get a weapon, so she went into it convinced she would not enjoy it, sort of like going to a dog park convinced that all dogs are bad.

Hijinx

She is happy that all of her pre-conceived notions about guns were proven in her own mind.

She could have written all of that tripe without ever having the gun. Maybe she did, we have no proof she actually bought one.

One thing she did prove, if she ever had a gun to begin with. Her gun did not shoot. Her gun killed no one.Her gun caused no harm.

Hijinx

Seems to me would have been better if people had written her and told her to get some training on handling her weapon, get her set up with a good shooting range where she could become more familiar with handling the pistol, shooting it, cleaning it, just handling it in general. Not sure why the death threats were felt to be necessary. Maybe she should have gotten a smaller pistol like Taurus Public Defender instead of a Glock, might not have seemed like such a constant presence in her purse. But I guess the point of her article was to do the least amount of effort possible to get a weapon, so she went into it convinced she would not enjoy it, sort of like going to a dog park convinced that all dogs are bad.

She never had any intention of becoming familiar with her weapon . She did not want to give it an honest try.
Her only desire was to validate her pre-conceived notions.

I still have doubts she ever bought or carried a weapon at all.

Lurk

Happy Creepy Ass Cracka

She originally did the series for MS magazine but got only one week under her belt. So DailyBeast picked it up when MS Magazine complained the pro-gun contributers were bullying her and the rag with all their helpful recommendations.

Pussies should stay out of the kitchen if they can't take the heat.

Vince

:yeahthat:

She never had any intention of becoming familiar with her weapon . She did not want to give it an honest try.
Her only desire was to validate her pre-conceived notions.

I still have doubts she ever bought or carried a weapon at all.
Exactly that. As far as people writing to her and telling her to get training....anyone with any common sense should have checked into it before purchasing a firearm. She only did it to prove her point. What she did prove is that anyone not having common sense, her, should definitely not own or fire a gun.

Amused_despair

The sad thing is the death threats and trying to publish her hoime address. If you don't agree, don't agree. Why do people try so hard to make themselves appear exactly as their opponents protray them? Nobody liked it when the newspapers were publishing the addresses of registered gun-owners, why would anyone think it was OK to do this in retaliation for a differing opinion? Logical arguments have a better chance of changing people's perceptions and opinions then coming off as a crazed lunatic wanting to kill someone for just writing an article with a different opinion. There were so many opportunities for arguing for gun rights in that article. When she felt threatened with the guy walking behind her, but she knew she had a gun, how would she have felt if she was in the same situation but had no gun? It could have been brought up that she should research for her next article the ease in which she was able to get a permit in her home state compared to how difficult it is for the common citizen to get one in states such as Maryland. But those arguements will never be made now. Now when anyone reads about this all they will see is some lady receiving death threats for an article she wrote.

GW8345

Not White House Approved
The sad thing is the death threats and trying to publish her hoime address. If you don't agree, don't agree. Why do people try so hard to make themselves appear exactly as their opponents protray them? Nobody liked it when the newspapers were publishing the addresses of registered gun-owners, why would anyone think it was OK to do this in retaliation for a differing opinion? Logical arguments have a better chance of changing people's perceptions and opinions then coming off as a crazed lunatic wanting to kill someone for just writing an article with a different opinion. There were so many opportunities for arguing for gun rights in that article. When she felt threatened with the guy walking behind her, but she knew she had a gun, how would she have felt if she was in the same situation but had no gun? It could have been brought up that she should research for her next article the ease in which she was able to get a permit in her home state compared to how difficult it is for the common citizen to get one in states such as Maryland. But those arguements will never be made now. Now when anyone reads about this all they will see is some lady receiving death threats for an article she wrote.

Why publish her address, to teach her what it’s like to have her address published. I bet she advocated to publish the addresses for all those gun owners, now that the shoes on the other foot she doesn’t like it. How about all the death threats from the left towards gun owners, bet she didn’t mind those, now it’s her turn and she’s crying.

It’s called karma.

Amused_despair

I wasn't aware she was for those addresses being published or had been on the record as being in favor of death threats against gun owners who advocate for their Second Amendment rights. Not sure how that helps the argument in defense of Second Amendment rights.

Hijinx

Why would anyone threaten her with death?

Has anyone seen the death threats or did she make them up too.

BOP

She originally did the series for MS magazine but got only one week under her belt. So DailyBeast picked it up when MS Magazine complained the pro-gun contributers were bullying her and the rag with all their helpful recommendations.

Pussies should stay out of the kitchen if they can't take the heat.

Yeah, because the anti-gunners, the gun-grabbers would never stoop so low as to bring all sorts of vitriol against her, just to make responsible gun owners look bad. :rolleyes:

Lurk

Happy Creepy Ass Cracka
Why would anyone threaten her with death?

Has anyone seen the death threats or did she make them up too.

I read several but hardly all the comments to her MS magazine article. But it was MS Magazine that said her address was published. However, it was also MS Magazine that said they moderate the comments so I am wondering why MS Magazine would go forward with publishing Heidi's personal information in their rag.