We're talking major stupid here!

blacklabman

St. Mary's County sheriff report #40825-14. She reported that her wallet with cash was stolen from her unlocked vehicle. SMIB for sure.

dan0623_2000

Why is she stupid? Cause some low life broke into her car and stole her purse? Sounds more like one of the idiot non natives to me.

Last edited:

dan0623_2000

The stupid ones are the people who think it is ok to steal from unlocked cars and houses and then refer to the victims as stupid. I bet if dogman or06's family member got riped off they would be crying the blues and yelling for the FBI to be bought in.

mitzi

Did you ever think maybe she simply forgot her wallet was in the car? That doesn't make anyone stupid. People forget their kids and pets are in their cars, they are stupid.
And here we go with the SMIB crap again. Idiot.

KDENISE977

Did you ever think maybe she simply forgot her wallet was in the car? That doesn't make anyone stupid. People forget their kids and pets are in their cars, they are stupid.
And here we go with the SMIB crap again. Idiot.

:yeahthat: my wallet fell out of my purse, I was inside shopping for 45 minutes before I got to the check out and realized I didn't have it :shrug:

mamatutu

mama to two
I see in a lot of soMD police reports that there are thefts from unlocked cars. I never understand that, but it is possibly that this area for so long was a safe place and people are not used to locking their cars/houses. It is a shame the area has changed in that way. Even if you lock your cars/houses, if the thief wants in, he will get in, and that will cause even more damage. Maybe she just forgot. Many times I will get inside a store, and question if I locked the car, so I go make sure. I am glad my clicker has a long distance operating range. :lol:

Hijinx

yeah really, wtf is with the smib sh*t? what has that got to do with anything

I am proud to be a SMIB if those others are jealous that is their problem.
Proud of my heritage, proud of my county, used to be proud of my State and Country, but the Dems are beating that out of me.

MrZ06

I love Texas Road House
The stupid ones are the people who think it is ok to steal from unlocked cars and houses and then refer to the victims as stupid. I bet if dogman or06's family member got riped off they would be crying the blues and yelling for the FBI to be bought in.

So if I parked my car and decided to keep my cash under my windshield wiper it wouldn't make me stupid? In your mind the only stupid person in this situation is the person that took the money?

BadGirl

I am so very blessed
Wait.

She left her personal property (the money) in her personal property (her car)' which was parked on her personal property (her driveway), and you're blaming HER?

That's messed up.

The lowlife who intruded into her space and took her things is the one who should be decried.

MrZ06

I love Texas Road House
Yes, I blame her stupidity and lack of common sense as the direct reason her money was stolen. Storing your wallet in an unlocked car is just asking to have someone steal it. Yes, its wrong of the person to steal her stuff. It is also stupid in this day and age to not follow some of the most basic theft prevention methods out there.

Here are the basics for the idiots out there.
---Step one don't keep valuables in your car.
---Step two if you do keep valuables in your car lock the door.

If people would practice a little bit of common sense they wouldn't have all their stuff stolen.

Last edited:

Goldenhawk

Step 1. Watch a few episodes of "Bait Car".
Step 2. Realize that an uncomfortably sizable percentage of the US population considers anything that's not locked up to be "theirs".
Step 3. Realize that just because we don't live in a big city doesn't mean the same people don't live here.
Step 4. Assume that sometime in the next few months, one of these people will systematically walk through your neighborhood and try every single car to see if they are unlocked. If so, from their warped viewpoint you clearly meant to leave your expensive items for their benefit, and thus you gave them permission to take those items.
Step 5. File a police report, but don't assume any of your goodies will ever be returned.
Step 6. Teach your kids to respect other people's property.

RPMDAD

Same thing happens in Calvert Co. all the time. Just read the police reports and see how many vehicles that had thefts committed on them were from unlocked vehicles, especially in CRE and North Beach in the paper almost every week. I agree with BadGirl's post the lowlife thief is the bad guy, i'm just saying don't make it that easy on them. Happened to me many years ago near North Beach, left my vehicle unlocked in the driveway and someone entered it and took some stuff, have locked my car everywhere i go since then, and am cautious about what i leave in my vehicle.

NorthBeachPerso

Honorary SMIB
Same thing happens in Calvert Co. all the time. Just read the police reports and see how many vehicles that had thefts committed on them were from unlocked vehicles, especially in CRE and North Beach in the paper almost every week. I agree with BadGirl's post the lowlife thief is the bad guy, i'm just saying don't make it that easy on them. Happened to me many years ago near North Beach, left my vehicle unlocked in the driveway and someone entered it and took some stuff, have locked my car everywhere i go since then, and am cautious about what i leave in my vehicle.

Which paper would that be? They must know more than the Command Sergeant who prepares the Twin Beach detachment's report for the Town Council every month. The last 3 months, since April, there's been exactly 2 thefts from cars in North Beach.

acommondisaster

:yeahthat: my wallet fell out of my purse, I was inside shopping for 45 minutes before I got to the check out and realized I didn't have it :shrug:

I can't count the number of times that's happened to me. Doesn't make me stupid; just means I didn't notice my wallet fell out. I've got a bad habit of clicking the lock on the car before the car door's shut, so I don't get a "beep" when it locks.