Kansas 3-Year-Old Died After Shooting Himself

nhboy

Ubi bene ibi patria
Source.

Update.

"A 3-year-old boy has died after what apparently was an accidental shooting in a home in the 500 block of East Lincoln on Tuesday afternoon, Wichita police said.

Police said they believe the mother and her boyfriend were sleeping in the house when the 3-year-old located a handgun and accidentally shot himself in the chest, Lt. Dennis Wilson said.

It was the second time in three months that a Wichita child was shot to death at home. On April 30, a 19-month old boy died shortly after being shot in the chest after three young children found a gun.

On Tuesday, the mother and boyfriend woke up when the shot was fired around 5 p.m. and called 911. Four children – ages 3, 6, 7 and 8 – were in the house at the time, Wilson said.

The boy was taken to Via Christi Hospital St. Francis, where he was pronounced dead shortly after 6 p.m., Wilson said. The boy’s mother was with him when he died.

No arrests have been made, police said. The boyfriend was still in custody answering police questions nearly two hours after the shooting.

Chris0nllyn

A Twin Cities area man, bloodied from one home invasion in far northern Minnesota, was fatally shot at a second home after gaining entry and assaulting the elderly homeowner, authorities said Monday.

Benjamin Beaudoin, 34, of Mendota Heights attacked the 72-year-old woman who owned the home near Ray, Minn., and was shot by her son, according to the Koochiching County Sheriff’s Office.

“I’m the son who did what had to be done,” said Brad Himes, 48, who came to the rescue of his mother, Ethel.

http://www.startribune.com/local/268888541.html

Chris0nllyn

What does this have to do with dead 3 year old ,DA .

Three teens are under arrest and a fourth is in the hospital after police say a resident fought back during an attempted robbery.

Clayton County police say the four teens tried to rob a resident inside the Laurel Park Apartments on Highway 85 around 3 a.m.

The man shot one of the teens and the other three ran off, police said. The resident called police, who tracked down all four, taking three into custody and sending one to the hospital.

Police say they do not believe the resident will face any charges, but that decision will be made by detectives following an interview.

http://www.wsbtv.com/news/news/local/police-teen-burglar-shot-resident/ngkTf/

Chris0nllyn

you do realize that you make gun owners look like tools when you do this, right?
these incidents you post have NOTHING to do with the tragedy in the OP. Why is it so hard for my fellow gun owners to stand up and say "irresponsible gun owners should be held liable for their actions"?

Because I have nothing to say or prove to BigBlue, and I disagree.

Stories of self defense do not make gun owners look like "tools", and I said nothing to even elude to the fact that irresponsible gun owners should not be held liable for their actions.

We both know NH didn't post this story because he feels bad, he posted it because he wants to vilify guns. I simply posted 2 stories that he wouldn't post.

Midnightrider

Because I have nothing to say or prove to BigBlue, and I disagree.

Stories of self defense do not make gun owners look like "tools", and I said nothing to even elude to the fact that irresponsible gun owners should not be held liable for their actions.We both know NH didn't post this story because he feels bad, he posted it because he wants to vilify guns. I simply posted 2 stories that he wouldn't post.

posting stories of self defense instead of criticizing the responsible parties in the OP does indeed make gun owners look like tools despite what you think. A child is dead becasue a gun owner couldn't be bothered with storing his weapon safely and all you want to do is post unrelated stories.

if you think the irresponsible gunowners in the OP should be held responsible why didn't you just say that?

Chris0nllyn

posting stories of self defense instead of criticizing the responsible parties in the OP does indeed make gun owners look like tools despite what you think. A child is dead becasue a gun owner couldn't be bothered with storing his weapon safely and all you want to do is post unrelated stories.

if you think the irresponsible gunowners in the OP should be held responsible why didn't you just say that?

What a ridiculous conclusion.

Believe what you want, but given NH's reputation, I'm not going out of my way to do anything.

The gun owner is a convicted felon and can not possess a firearm. If the state had done it's duty, the kid would be alive.

Midnightrider

What a ridiculous conclusion.

Believe what you want, but given NH's reputation, I'm not going out of my way to do anything.

The gun owner is a convicted felon and can not possess a firearm. If the state had done it's duty, the kid would be alive.

nothing ridiculous about it. You went out of your way to not make a comment on the OP but to instead deflect/justify/defned what happened by posting completely unrelated articles.

Even now you are trying to place blame anywhere but where it belongs, on the gun owner. The state cant, and shouldnt, do everything for you. The state did no leave a loaded gun where a child could find it, a gun owner did.

GW8345

Not White House Approved
nothing ridiculous about it. You went out of your way to not make a comment on the OP but to instead deflect/justify/defned what happened by posting completely unrelated articles.

Even now you are trying to place blame anywhere but where it belongs, on the gun owner. The state cant, and shouldnt, do everything for you. The state did no leave a loaded gun where a child could find it, a gun owner did.

Here’s a question, why should Chris post your opinion?

Midnightrider

Its probably the same place where I justified/denied what happened in the OP.

Hint: Nowhere

I quoted you AND explained my reasoning, you may not agree, but I did my part :shrug:

The only comment you have made about the op was to blame the state as if the state was responsible for leaving that loaded gun unsecured.