NSWC Radar Engineer Receives Blacks in Government

GregV814

Award....

Okay, we will see the whites in Government Award anytime now...........right???????

SG_Player1974

Might want to refer to the award with its CORRECT name as well so others can try to find info.

I HIGHLY doubt it is called the "Blacks in Government" Award :coffee:

SG_Player1974

I stand corrected sir!

I guess the only thing left to say is......

"Lets blame the WHITE man for perpetuating RACISM huh?"

SG_Player1974

"the blacks in government meritorious service award honors BLACK individuals who have demonstrated support for the full integration and promotion of african americans within the armed forces or federal civilian workforce. Selection is based First and foremost on the color of one's skin,on exceptional support of the dod mission, and representation of the qualities and core values of the dod. Specific criteria include demonstrated support for expanding opportunities for of historically black colleges and universities (hbcus) to participate in federal programs and successful efforts in increasing african-american participation in dod programs."

fixed!!!

Last edited:

BernieP

Resident PIA
Not doubting, just requesting link to the article, and it is appears to be a purely racial based award system. I wonder if any non-blacks that support the requirements have received the award as well?

NAVAIR also gives out a Black Engineering award. There are awards for Hispanics, Pacific Asian Islanders and Women (FEW).

The federal government recognizes several organization where membership is based on ones race or gender.
While there is no "White Men's club, if there were I would have to send the following, “PLEASE ACCEPT MY RESIGNATION. I DON'T WANT TO BELONG TO ANY CLUB THAT WILL ACCEPT ME AS A MEMBER.”

glhs837

Power with Control
Not doubting, just requesting link to the article, and it is appears to be a purely racial based award system. I wonder if any non-blacks that support the requirements have received the award as well?

So, the obvious question is "How black is black?" Who decides if say, President Obama, who is half black, is black enough for the award? If he had married a non-black woman, would his kids qualify? If he married a Hispanic woman, could his children clean up and take them all?

BernieP

Resident PIA
So, the obvious question is "How black is black?" Who decides if say, President Obama, who is half black, is black enough for the award? If he had married a non-black woman, would his kids qualify? If he married a Hispanic woman, could his children clean up and take them all?

I think the only ethnic group (or race) that has to prove a specific percent of their heritage is "Native American". At least to qualify for any special treatment.
I believe with all other groups, it's one drop. Hell, I know women who are married to a guy with a "Hispanic" surname that try and qualify for "Hispanic" preference.