Woman wasn't told she was part of active shooter drill

Chris0nllyn

In a complaint received by 9NEWS Tuesday, Meeker claims she was taken hostage by a man with a gun while at work at the assisted living center in Carbondale. Meeker says the gunman held her against her will while she begged for her life.

According to the complaint, what she did not know at the time was that the man with the gun was a Carbondale police officer, and it was all a part of an active shooter drill that was taking place.

http://www.9news.com/story/news/loc...er-active-shooter-training-exercise/13346193/

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
fantastic communication .
.. you think the 'shooter' could have told the woman it was only a drill

Larry Gude

Strung Out
Ponder, if you will, the mindset of those in charge of us, how they view we, the people, in terms of personal liberty. That they would even consider something like this tells you they see the citizen as subordinate in no uncertain terms.

Lurk

Happy Creepy Ass Cracka
Ponder, if you will, the mindset of those in charge of us, how they view we, the people, in terms of personal liberty. That they would even consider something like this tells you they see the citizen as subordinate in no uncertain terms.

In other words it's Bush's fault?

itsrequired

If what repoter is telling is the truth, it would have served the LEO right if the lady had of been armed and shot him.

Did you ever stop to think that the law enforcement officer who would have been shot likely had nothing to do with the coordination notification of people that the training was occurring? Did you ever stop to think that this guy is human and has a family. He was doing his job, relying on others to have done the right thing. So for you, the guy should have been shot for conducting a training scenario to help others be safe.

If someone failed to notify the public they should be held accountable. But shoot them? In your mind that WOULD HAVE SERVED THE OFFICER RIGHT!

itsrequired

What do you mean by this Larry? This is a training scenario which the LEO likely thought the woman was a role player. How is that viewing anyone as subordinate?

Larry Gude

Strung Out
What do you mean by this Larry? This is a training scenario which the LEO likely thought the woman was a role player. How is that viewing anyone as subordinate?

Well, not knowing the details past the link, as I understand it, the TX was done with the intent of involving unsuspecting people. Makes perfect sense in terms of realism. Makes bad sense in terms of the rights and position of the citizen in relationship to public service. Maybe it is as you say; he thought she was in on it.

itsrequired

Well, not knowing the details past the link, as I understand it, the TX was done with the intent of involving unsuspecting people. Makes perfect sense in terms of realism. Makes bad sense in terms of the rights and position of the citizen in relationship to public service. Maybe it is as you say; he thought she was in on it.

Did you listen to the report? It indicated the center signed a document which they gave to the police which outlined how they informed employees and the public of the drill. Now, I am not saying the center didn't screw up and not inform this "former" employee, but I have been involved in over a thousand police exercises and each and every time they have taken great measures to inform everyone invloved that it's an exercise.

When this woman began to show emotional distress, the officer identified himself. If the cop was was given incorrect information about the woman knowing it's a drill, I ask again how is this treating anyone as a subordinate?