Masonry/Chimney Repair Companies?

Good Morning-
I'm looking for recommendations for masonry repair. I've got a 50+ year old chimney that is starting to lose pieces of brick and mortar and I'd like to get an estimate on what it would cost to repair/replace it. It's not a huge deal right now but I'd like to address it before it gets worse.

Does anyone have any experience with companies or people, good or bad, that do such work? I'm in St. Mary's.

Many thanks!

Last edited:

Ken King

A little rusty but not crusty
PREMO Member
Don't know where you are but Guy and Guy Masonry was pretty darned good when I used them many years ago in St. Mary's.

mamatutu

mama to two
I recommend Chesapeake Chimney Sweeps. They clean our chimneys every two or three years. We had no masonry work done by them, but they did move a woodstove insert from our second floor to first floor fireplace.

Last edited:
I got a second opinion. :shrug:

That's an opening line to a joke, but I ain't going there.... :lol:

grouchomarx.jpg

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
No disrespect, but I was not happy with their services.

That surprises me because I thought they were great. They'd cleaned my chimney a number of times but I had some damage from the earthquake that I just realized here recently, and they came out with their cameras and scopes, checked out everything and showed me what the problems were. It was pretty cool and the guy was very professional. They actually worked with my insurance company so I didn't have to deal with it.

So put me in the :yay: column!

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
That surprises me because I thought they were great. They'd cleaned my chimney a number of times but I had some damage from the earthquake that I just realized here recently, and they came out with their cameras and scopes, checked out everything and showed me what the problems were. It was pretty cool and the guy was very professional. They actually worked with my insurance company so I didn't have to deal with it.

I'm glad you had a good experience. But there are always that small percent that doesn't have a good experience. Unfortunately, it may be me.

frequentflier

happy to be living

We recently had some work done by them and were very pleased. They answer their calls, were on time and communicated every thing they were doing and why they were doing it. I highly recommend them. :yay:

Hannibal

Was going some specific searching and found this post - hopefully it will find you and you can elaborate. I am curious as to how the insurance company worked with you in consideration of earthquake damage? I am in a similar position and the reading I've done pretty much leads me to believe that anything earthquake related would be denied. Does your home owners include eartquake protection?