The Economy is Great Because Stock Market!

stgislander

PREMO Member
It's a trade off. Stock market takes a dive, but at least the price of gasoline is down.

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
Good lord...you are a complete moron.

Why dat?...I don't own any stocks and them's that do sure can't eat 'em or spend 'em. :killingme

I'm just accepting the Dem talking point:"Economy is Great Because Stock Market".

SamSpade

I realize it's not scientific - and I tend to think that way - but if the state of the economy doesn't square with anything or anyone in my personal sphere of influence - I usually think I'm being fed a load of crap.

And that's because - I've seen it before. Under BUSH's administration.

Just six months to a year before the recession hit, we were hearing all about how the economy was doing lousy, and the responses were overwhelmingly "what choo talkin' 'bout, Willis?".
We'd hear all kinds of data about how it's doing great, and there was no cause for alarm.

And then in short time - we all went over a cliff we should have seen coming. McCain got thumped over his remarks at the time.

So I guess my sentiment is, if my budget gets worse, my money buys less, my retirement portfolio sucks, stuff I buy costs more and more than it did six months ago, my take home goes DOWN, my house value continues to go down,
my friends and family still can't find work anywhere NEAR where they were a few years ago - I guess - I just don't believe it.

I know when things are going good. And for me and nearly everyone I know - they're not. Every person I know, every family member is treating the economy as a bad storm that will EVENTUALLY blow over.
NO ONE I know is doing as well as they were five, six years ago.

It still just seems like, who ya gonna believe, me, or your own lying eyes?