Immigration!

FollowTheMoney

Does anyone remember when we had a President that spoke like this one?

"In Russia live Russians. Any minority, from anywhere, if it wants to live in Russia, to work and eat in Russia, should speak Russian,
and should respect the Russian laws. If they prefer Shari'ya Law, then we advise them to go to those places where that's the state
law. Russia does not need minorities. Minorities need Russia, and we will not grant them special privileges, or try to change our laws
to fit their desires, no matter how loud they yell 'discrimination'. We better learn from the suicides of America, England, Holland and
France, if we are to survive as a nation. The Russian customs and traditions are not compatible with the lack of culture or the
primitive ways of most minorities. When this honorable legislative body thinks of creating new laws, it should have in mind the national
interest first, observing that the minorities are not Russians." -- Vladimir Putin, the Russian president, addressing the Duma February
4th, 2013. The politicians in the Duma gave Putin a standing ovation for 5+ minutes!

Hijinx

"In Russia live Russians. Any minority, from anywhere, if it wants to live in Russia, to work and eat in Russia, should speak Russian,
and should respect the Russian laws. If they prefer Shari'ya Law, then we advise them to go to those places where that's the state
law. Russia does not need minorities. Minorities need Russia, and we will not grant them special privileges, or try to change our laws
to fit their desires, no matter how loud they yell 'discrimination'. We better learn from the suicides of America, England, Holland and
France, if we are to survive as a nation. The Russian customs and traditions are not compatible with the lack of culture or the
primitive ways of most minorities. When this honorable legislative body thinks of creating new laws, it should have in mind the national
interest first, observing that the minorities are not Russians." -- Vladimir Putin, the Russian president, addressing the Duma February
4th, 2013. The politicians in the Duma gave Putin a standing ovation for 5+ minutes!

I like that. Our President wants to give them the keys to the city, and the city treasury.

rdytogo

Which culture should people who come to this country adhere to? The American Indian?

mamatutu

mama to two
They should adhere to the American culture. Learn to speak English, and be honest tax paying citizens.

It is that simple. :yay: Why doesn't our POTUS or Congress see it that way. If something doesn't change, we are screwed. I feel bad for all the ones that came before us to build this great country, and for our progeny that will pay the price for greed of power. I have to say that I am insulted when asked to press 1 for English, and 2 for Spanish. That is a big crock of 'you know'.

rdytogo

They should adhere to the American culture. Learn to speak English, and be honest tax paying citizens.

What is American culture? I came here from a foreign country because my mother was born here. Do I have to give up my culture because I was welcomed to this melting pot of people? I do speak English, but I most of the Americans I have met do not. I hear some warped version of English that is accepted as English here. No mind though, I accept American English as a language most choose to speak.

You do realize that immigrants come to this country to make a better life for themselves don't you? You do realize that we are a nation of immigrants!

Please explain in detail what the American Culture is, so that I can adhere to it. The only non-immigrants I know of are the American Indian. Is it that culture you want me to conform to, or some other version?

rdytogo

It is that simple. :yay: Why doesn't our POTUS or Congress see it that way. If something doesn't change, we are screwed. I feel bad for all the ones that came before us to build this great country, and for our progeny that will pay the price for greed of power. I have to say that I am insulted when asked to press 1 for English, and 2 for Spanish. That is a big crock of 'you know'.

Do you mean the immigrants who came before us or the American Indians?

mamatutu

mama to two
Do you mean the immigrants who came before us or the American Indians?

Hey! I am half Native American, which is a horrendous time in American history, and I am sad about that, but in the history of the world people conquer people. Actually, it is more like 1/3 or 1/4 at this time, but, that being said, I also have French on my other side, with some Scot/Irish thrown in. They met many obstacles coming here; and it was not pretty. My point is that yes, America is a melting pot. Back in the day it was done in a process. Today, we are letting people come over in mass without check; which includes terrorists, drug cartels, gangsters, and the poor children. Actually, I am sick about hearing about the poor children; the majority of which are teenagers that are entrenched in crime to begin with. The days of Ellis Island are over, and there is no comparison. Obama is not about America, he is about his agenda to change her fundamentally. It is not a question anymore about immigration; it is the agenda behind it. He has to earn his Nobel Peace Prize won way or another. Sad, just sad.

Obama has to earn his pre-emptive Peace Price one way or another. Disgusting.

Last edited:

mamatutu

mama to two
You and Elizabeth "Pocahontas" Warren! LOL!

You are clueless, as usual. Go to bed. I hope your brain is better in the morning. The difference between me and Warren is that I don't lie.

One of my father's ancestors married a Native American woman. So, I have Native American blood. It doesn't really matter how diluted it is. It is the point that matters. Warren has no Native American blood. Who do you want to follow, kimosabe? Or, do you have the guts of Geronimo?

Last edited:

rdytogo

Back in the day it was done in a process. Today, we are letting people come over in mass without check; which includes terrorists, drug cartels, gangsters, and the poor children. The days of Ellis Island are over, and there is no comparison.

You mean the days of Ellis Island which brought us such upstanding immigrants as Lucky Luciano, Gusepie Esposito and Vito Genovese right?

mamatutu

mama to two
You mean the days of Ellis Island which brought us such upstanding immigrants as Lucky Luciano, Gusepie Esposito and Vito Genovese right?

Well, you have a great point. Should we have just closed our borders from the beginning in 1776, or there abouts? Very good food for thought, rd. But, immigration laws will never matter because people will come here anyway. Who needs Congress, or a POTUS? :lol:

As far as I see it, they are ineffective as to supporting Americans. It is all about their agendas which has nothing to do with US.

Last edited:

rdytogo

Well, you have a great point. Should we have just closed our borders from the beginning in 1776, or there abouts? Very good food for thought, rd. But, immigration laws will never matter because people will come here anyway. Who needs Congress, or a POTUS? :lol:

What does that have to do with your first post? You seem to be lost. First you talk about the good ole days of immigration through Ellis Island, and now you are talking about how we should have closed the borders in 1776. We were an English Colony then by the way.

This thread was about Russians telling people to be Russians and how the op says people should adapt to the "American Culture". What exactly is the American Culture? Is it the Culture of the American Indian? The scotts? The English? The Irish? The Italian? The Black culture? What is the American Culture?

mamatutu

mama to two
What does that have to do with your first post? You seem to be lost. First you talk about the good ole days of immigration through Ellis Island, and now you are talking about how we should have closed the borders in 1776. We were an English Colony then by the way.

This thread was about Russians telling people to be Russians and how the op says people should adapt to the "American Culture". What exactly is the American Culture? Is it the Culture of the American Indian? The scotts? The English? The Irish? The Italian? The Black culture? What is the American Culture?

It was my opinion. There is no black and white (which is laughable considering our POTUS is both, but whatever), and all that happens in the world affects America, because we are supposed to be the leader of it all. The Russians affect us as do all cultures. We are the melting pot, and what the world looks at to start shiat or not. I am not a complicated person, I just post how I feel. I guess you missed that America is the melting pot, and we are taking, and will take more of the brunt of what is happening in the world. That's all.

rdytogo

It was my opinion. There is no black and white (which is laughable considering our POTUS is both, but whatever), and all that happens in the world affects America, because we are supposed to be the leader of it all. The Russians affect us as do all cultures. We are the melting pot, and what the world looks at to start shiat or not. I am not a complicated person, I just post how I feel. I guess you missed that America is the melting pot, and we are taking, and will take more of the brunt of what is happening in the world. That's all.

So, other than to bash potus you really don't have anything to add to this discussion. I don't like the president either, but try to stay on topic.

mamatutu

mama to two
So, other than to bash potus you really don't have anything to add to this discussion. I don't like the president either, but try to stay on topic.

I am on topic. Obama is taking America down. Do you disagree? It does have to do with immigration and what America stands for, or can't stand for. Do you get it, or not? It is just not Obama. This has been in the works for a while now. Do you want to lose your country as you see it, or are you ok with that? The point is that in the next elections, there has to be change. Otherwise, America is headed for destruction because all in Washington think the same at this point. Voting as an independent will help to end the vicious cycle.

Last edited:

rdytogo

I am on topic. Obama is taking America down. Do you disagree? It does have to do with immigration and what America stands for, or can't stand for. Do you get it, or not? It is just not Obama. This has been in the works for a while now. Do you want to lose your country as you see it, or are you ok with that? The point is that in the next elections, there has to be change. Otherwise, America is headed for destruction because all in Washington think the same at this point. Voting as an independent will help to end the vicious cycle.

You aren't on point. This topic is about immigrants adopting our culture. My question, which you seem not to be able to answer is which culture is that? American indian, Irish, Polish, English, Spanish, Mexican, Texan, or what? What culture are they to adopt?

mamatutu

mama to two
You aren't on point. This topic is about immigrants adopting our culture. My question, which you seem not to be able to answer is which culture is that? American indian, Irish, Polish, English, Spanish, Mexican, Texan, or what? What culture are they to adopt?

You missed the point in my previous posts. Yes, we are a melting pot of immigrants, which has made America great. We accept all cultures. But, there is a process, and all immigrants should go through it; just like the old days. Today, we have immigrants coming over that are overwhelming, and will get lost in America, and never be the 'old immigrant'. It is not a good thing. I don't know why you are defending the current situation. I, for one, do not like that I have to press 1 for English, and 2 for Spanish. At this rate, there will be 3, 4, 5, etc. And, who do you know is coming across our borders at this rate. I am so mad because I had a great article that showed how many illegals including Russians, Syrians, etc. are coming over our border that I wanted to post, but I inadvertently deleted it. I will continue to look and post it when I find it. Are you ok with whoever wants to come here, and don't feel threatened?

Here is an article for now:

Breitbart News Sunday was joined by Border Patrol agent and Laredo Border Patrol Union spokesman Hector Garza, who explained to listeners that the current southern border chaos is not just a humanitarian crisis but also a “big time border security crisis.”

“Right now, we have a lot of drugs and criminals coming across the border undetected,” Garza asserted. He promised that those criminals are going to start showing up soon in cities across the nation: “New York, Chicago, Dallas, Houston, they’ll be all over.”

http://nation.foxnews.com/2014/06/3...l-let-criminals-come-undetected-town-near-you

Last edited: