Rick Perry and Sean Hannity

Salvador

One Nation Under God
For the last several weeks, the following photo of Gov. Rick Perry (R-TX) and Sean Hannity has haunted me. During the current unhinged freakout surrounding immigration reform and, specifically, the Central American teens and children being held by the U.S. after having entered the country via the Mexican border, I can't help but to the think that the true threats to the U.S. aren't undocumented immigrants, be they adults or children, but rather these dinguses:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/bob-cesca/the-real-enemy-isnt-undoc_b_5638652.html?utm_hp_ref=politics

:killingme

:popcorn:

Monello

Smarter than the average bear
PREMO Member
I don't know who Bob Cesca is but I suspect that Bob is short for Roberta and upon closer inspection one would find a vajayjay between Bob's 2 front pants pockets. Here's the quote that is a dead give away.

As a middle-aged white guy myself, I don't mind indicting my own: yes, middle-aged white men are trouble. The reasons are self-evident. Toss into the mix the availability of a growing variety of pharmaceuticals and Cro-Magnon tire-flipping workouts designed to amplify the pseudo-dementia that accompanies being a white male in the throes of mid-life, and the trouble [cough] grows. But, really, are middle-aged white men annoying and obnoxious? Oh, yes. Are they dangerous on a macro societal level?

I guess bob forgot all the contributions to society by middle aged white men. Self loath much?

mamatutu

mama to two
I don't know who Bob Cesca is but I suspect that Bob is short for Roberta and upon closer inspection one would find a vajayjay between Bob's 2 front pants pockets. Here's the quote that is a dead give away.

I guess bob forgot all the contributions to society by middle aged white men. Self loath much?

It is too late at night for a belly laugh, but you caused one! I even started coughing, and scared the cats! Thank you!

Larry Gude

Strung Out
F , but rather these dinguses:

I am confused;

Peel the onion a little further, and we recall that both Hannity and Perry are far-right conservatives. But not just any far-right conservatives. These two far-right conservative middle-aged white men comport themselves as hard-line ideologues, pandering to the very worst, most ignorant and intolerant instincts of the Republican base. I write "comport themselves as ideologues" because it's unclear whether either is sincere in his worldview beyond what it can achieve in terms of personal wealth and prestige. I don't think I'm the only one to notice how both Perry and Hannity never seem entirely sincere or authentic -- neither seems to particularly care much beyond careerism, higher office and ratings, and so they'll say and do whatever is necessary

Are they 'far right conservatives' or 'neither seems to particularly care much beyond careerism, higher office and ratings'.

You can be one or the other. You can't be both. I, for one, have never considered either 'far right'. Not even close. I have, however, long considered Hannity the latter. Every time I watch his show, I don't see a football, I see a pom pom, tossed about by a cheerleader who is far more concerned with his hair than the game. We all watched Perry on the national scene with the debates. Repeatedly. He's no ideologue either. Unless it is, like Hannity, like his appearance.

I think they're Republicans, especially as we've come to understand the term but, not right wing, let alone far.

Larry Gude

Strung Out
I am surprised Bob did not come right out and call Hannity and Perry Nazi's

If we lived in Germany and this was 1939, they'd both be Nazi's. That's for sure, waving the Swastika. But, this is not Germany and not 1939 and two poster boys for the establishment are NOT far right.

Point being then and there or here and now, people like them are NOT ideologues.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
.... and two poster boys for the establishment are NOT far right.

indeed, Stalin started this in the 1930's labeling Trotsky a Fascist :killingme

however that never stopped progressives on the left from calling popular opponents, racists, Nazi's, Homophones
.... in this case calling them far right, does not make it so, but it plays well in NYC, Washington DC and LA ..

... in Bonner's Ferry ID, not so much

Larry Gude

Strung Out
however that never stopped progressives on the left from calling popular opponents, racists, Nazi's, Homophones
.... ..

Ok, but, we do it, too; Commies! Pinko's!

Right?

The point, to me, is to try and be accurate with labels and to take exception when we are called something we're not as should they. Heck, a true conservative is actually a 'liberal' in the proper sense of the word; in favor of the individual.

If we don't point out that Hannity and Perry are NOT right wingers, let along far right, we risk getting stuck with the bill like we did with Dubbya. Everyone gets sick of hearing it but, it's the truth; conservatism got a huge black eye out of the Bush years, all the blame, and NONE, NONE of the policy.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
If we don't point out that Hannity and Perry are NOT right wingers, let along far right,

point it out to whom ?

are you going to post that in MMfA, Huffington Post, Daily KOS, Democratic Underground - WJLA, NBC4, Channel 20's Capt 20 show ?

and state Hannity is NOT a Conservative or Far Right Ideologue Hannity opposes the Aryan Nation and Westboro Church

cwo_ghwebb

No Use for Donk Twits
Perry might have a case of the clap but I don't think either he or Hannity carry any the diseases with which those children are afflicted.