Congress approves $225M for Israel

Salvador

One Nation Under God
The U.S. Congress approved a $225 million package to replenish Israel's missile defenses Friday, after the Jewish state's cease-fire with Hamas unraveled and Israeli forces pushed deep into Gaza in search of a missing army officer.

The money is directed toward restocking Israel's Iron Dome, which has been credited with shooting down dozens of incoming rockets fired by Palestinian militants over 3½ weeks of war. The bill now goes to President Obama, who is expected to sign the bill swiftly into law.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/world/2014/08/01/israel-soldier-abduction/13462253/

DEEKAYPEE8569

The U.S. Congress approved a $225 million package to replenish Israel's missile defenses Friday, after the Jewish state's cease-fire with Hamas unraveled and Israeli forces pushed deep into Gaza in search of a missing army officer.

The money is directed toward restocking Israel's Iron Dome, which has been credited with shooting down dozens of incoming rockets fired by Palestinian militants over 3½ weeks of war. The bill now goes to President Obama, who is expected to sign the bill swiftly into law.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/world/2014/08/01/israel-soldier-abduction/13462253/

Okay.....I'll say it first.....WHERE is this money coming from?!!!

Hijinx

It doesn't exist. It puts America more in debt. Period. Why aren't we putting that money into our own military? You don't have to answer that question. I already know.

It isn't really that much money, but I don't see how it will restock missiles for Iron Dome any time soon.
You cannot just go to the store and buy Iron Dome missiles.

By the time they can build them hopefully they will not be needed.

LibertyBeacon

Unto dust we shall return
It doesn't exist. It puts America more in debt. Period. Why aren't we putting that money into our own military? You don't have to answer that question. I already know.

You do realize virtually every dime we give these people is spend on American defense contractors, yes? Raytheon has the contract for Iron Dome right now.

Lurk

Happy Creepy Ass Cracka
Okay.....I'll say it first.....WHERE is this money coming from?!!!

Nowhere since Harry Reid adjourned the Senate for 15 weeks or so and didn't act on the bill. Since no bill came out of Congress Obama blames the Republicans.

Beta

Smile!

Yeah I agree, our military is really hurting with its lack of funding :bawl:
That money is a pittance.

http://www.globalfirepower.com/defense-spending-budget.asp

2013-defense-budgets-top-20.jpg

You do realize virtually every dime we give these people is spend on American defense contractors, yes? Raytheon has the contract for Iron Dome right now.
:dingding:

Larry Gude

Strung Out
Hey, man. At least that is one of the spelled out core responsibilities of our federal gummint; promote the general warfare...

stgislander

PREMO Member
Hey, man. At least that is one of the spelled out core responsibilities of our federal gummint; promote the general warfare...

Actually I believe that Article 1, Section 8 (Enumerated Powers), the first line states... to provide for the common defense AND general welfare.

Larry Gude

Strung Out
Actually I believe that Article 1, Section 8 (Enumerated Powers), the first line states... to provide for the common defense AND general welfare.

Right. Isn't warfare good for the general welfare? I mean, at least for everyone who doesn't get killed or blowed up and their families?