Fahrenheit 9/11 Thread...

Spoiled

Has anyone seen it?

The theater in the park isnt showing it neither is the one in the mall, i hoped i would have been able to see it in theater... Unfortunatly we dont have the damn move ;\

BuddyLee

Football addict
Originally posted by Spoiled
Has anyone seen it?

The theater in the park isnt showing it neither is the one in the mall, i hoped i would have been able to see it in theater... Unfortunatly we dont have the damn move ;\

Try the one in Lusby.:wink: They are about as far away as Waldorf, maybe.

SamSpade

It is only showing in 868 theaters nationwide (most big movies are in the 3-4 thousand range). Remember, it is *supposed* to be a documentary, and not a fantasy.

What is surprising is that movies like "The Terminal" and "The Notebook" aren't playing in the two closest to here, however, "Around the World in 80 Days" and "The Chronicles of Riddick" didn't even make this week's top ten and they *are*.

You know, sooner or later, people will realize that a big multiplex WILL make money down here. I hate driving to Bowie or further just to see a movie that isn't playing down here.

SmallTown

Football season!
Originally posted by SamSpade
It is only showing in 868 theaters nationwide (most big movies are in the 3-4 thousand range). Remember, it is *supposed* to be a documentary, and not a fantasy.

With such few theatres, and it still brought in over 20 million over the weekend

SamSpade

Originally posted by SmallTown
With such few theatres, and it still brought in over 20 million over the weekend

I have to admit, that is impressive. But I think it may well be a case of preaching to the choir. The news I read is that represents about 3 million viewers. With Spidey 2 coming out next weekend, I don't see Moore's numbers rising much more.

I don't see a huge groundswell of hatred towards Bush. I see a *large* and very vocal minority which is practically foaming at the mouth at him, and for all the posturing during the impeachment/Lewinsky thing, I've never seen the level of vitriol and outright hatred these folks have.

One link on Drudge referred to a situation where a guy dismissed Kerry and Bush as being "apples and oranges" whereupon he was spat upon, and later assaulted when he tried to call the police.

Sure, it's one incident. And if I mentioned more, it doesn't prove a pattern. What I *don't* recall, is THIS level of hatred towards Clinton. We didn't like him, but we weren't prepared to beat up people who did like him.

I just have to believe that Americans are more sensible than this.

But that's partly because, I don't think the country is evenly divided. I think more than half don't give a rat's azz one way or the other. I think two large groups oppose each other and hope their rhetoric will sway the 80% of voters who have no idea what is going on.

Last edited:
K

Kain99

Originally posted by SmallTown

Moore is just capitalizing on American stupidity. ''They are possibly the dumbest people on the planet." :wink:

Danzig

BowlingforFallujah-X.gif

valentino

Originally posted by Danzig
BowlingforFallujah-X.gif

I love how when someone has a differing and somewhat intelligent opinion on something, he or she is labeled as a communist or terrorist, that is so played out...lets try and think of a more imaginative insult please...:rolleyes:

Fact is, most of the people fighting us in Iraq were already there, and were against the rule of Sadaam, but also oppose americans taking over their country. We have not handed over a damn thing, except the idea that they are in control, but we make all of the decisions...oh yeah, and our contractors can do whatever they want and not be held criminally responsible.

Last edited:

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Originally posted by valentino
I love how when someone has a differing and somewhat intelligent opinion on something, he or she is labeled as a communist or terrorist, that is so played out...
That excuse is what's so played out and wasn't even very intelligent in the first place. If you're going to act like an anti-American terrorist sympathizer, you shouldn't get upset when someone calls you one.

Spoiled

Originally posted by vraiblonde
That excuse is what's so played out and wasn't even very intelligent in the first place. If you're going to act like an anti-American terrorist sympathizer, you shouldn't get upset when someone calls you one.
But its true, WE WENT AS FAR AS TO RENAME FRENCH FRIES IN THE PUBLIC SCHOOLS TO FREEDOM FRIES.... I mean jesus christ, how much more stupid can it become? If you had muslim militants occupying our country would you just bend over adn take it? or would you fight back?

well then, you now see why they are fighting

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
But its true, WE WENT AS FAR AS TO RENAME FRENCH FRIES IN THE PUBLIC SCHOOLS TO FREEDOM FRIES.... I mean jesus christ, how much more stupid can it become?
What's stupid is you. Public schools never renamed french fries. The only place they were "renamed" is in the White House mess and maybe a few privately owned restaurants.

Typical liberal screwball. Making it up as you go along.

Spoiled

What's stupid is you. Public schools never renamed french fries. The only place they were "renamed" is in the White House mess and maybe a few privately owned restaurants.

Typical liberal screwball. Making it up as you go along.
i know for a FACT that at leonardtown highschool (a public school) they where being refered to freedom fries, in the lunch line and where it was posted in the cafeteria... I did not make that up.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
i know for a FACT that at leonardtown highschool (a public school) they where being refered to freedom fries, in the lunch line and where it was posted in the cafeteria... I did not make that up.
Then that was an individual school thing. In Frederick County, they were still french fries. And that's a typical liberal screwball tactic, too - one person does something, so you pretend EVERYBODY did it in order to make your juvenile ramblings sound more credible.

Spoiled

And now, Spoiled, you're officially a liar who doesn't "know" ####.

http://www.smcps.k12.md.us/food-services/ElemMenu.pdf

I see French toast, not Freedom toast. And I see potato wedges, not Freedom fries.
Let me point out 2 flaws for you... that is elementry school, and that isnt leonardtown... I know that they where refered to as freedom fries at leonardtown highschool, if you would like i can provide phone numbers to many students who will verify this...

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Let me point out 2 flaws for you... that is elementry school, and that isnt leonardtown...
Well, good. Then let me point out your little flaw. School lunch menus are done county-wide, not on an individual school basis. This means that the lunch menu I linked to was the same for all St. Mary's County schools, including Leonardtown. Want me to show you the middle and high schools' lunch menu?

http://www.smcps.k12.md.us/food-services/SecMenu.pdf

French toast and potato wedges. Liar.

Spoiled

Well, good. Then let me point out your little flaw. School lunch menus are done county-wide, not on an individual school basis. This means that the lunch menu I linked to was the same for all St. Mary's County schools, including Leonardtown. Want me to show you the middle and high schools' lunch menu?

http://www.smcps.k12.md.us/food-services/SecMenu.pdf

French toast and potato wedges. Liar.

it does not mean one school can change what they have on their menu... Again, leonardtown was infact serving "Freedom Fries", this was posted in the serving line where students got their lunch and broadcasted over their morning announcement... you wouldnt know this because you did not attend leonardtown last year, and if you did you must be blind and deaf