W o n d e r f u l W e a t h e r ! ! !

ArkRescue

Adopt me please !
We are going to have wonderful weather for the next 4 or so days !

80's for highs with LOW humidity - :yay:

ArkRescue

Adopt me please !
we are going to regret it this winter, aren't we?

may be - I think we're ready for anything though. I fortified my chicken pens with extra interior supports of the roof to handle snow thinking we'd get hammered with 2 feet of snow last Winter and we didn't. I always cover the chicken pen sides in the Winter with plywood and plastic to keep out the wind (required by animal control to have 3 covered sides minimum, but I cover all 4 sides) and blowing rain if we get a big storm. I accidentally discovered that if I use sheets of glass across the sunny side of the pens, they get the heat from the sun through the glass along with more light :duh:. The plywood and plastic blocks the sun. So now I'm on the lookout for people who are discarding old sliding glass doors. They are perfect to use on the chicken pens in Winter. Just about any glass that is mounted in a frame is good (storm doors, large windows).

Snow is ok - I can do w/o the ice storms.

ArkRescue

Adopt me please !
Where do you see good weather? Im seeing rain and clouds all weekend :(

Starting today lower humidity .... temps only in 80's (not 90's), and it rolls through the weekend with only a chance for scattered showers or t-storms - ok so not perfect but close enough. The only questionable part is this (below) but even that is a low chance and if it happens it won't last long.

"
Saturday Night
Mostly cloudy with a 30 percent chance of showers. Lows in the mid 60s.

Sunday
Partly sunny with a chance of showers and thunderstorms. Highs in the lower 80s. Chance of rain 30 percent.

Sunday Night
Mostly cloudy with a 30 percent chance of showers. Lows in the mid 60s. "

ArkRescue

Adopt me please !
and yet .... another beautiful day!

"A beautiful Friday to look forward to but some changes on the way for the weekend. High pressure is large and in charge today bringing morning sunshine and some clouds rolling in for the afternoon. Highs will reach the mid 80s. Tonight, skies will turn mostly cloudy. High pressure to our north and low pressure tracking to the south of us will put on the old "squeeze play" for Saturday and Sunday."

http://www.wtop.com/?nid=4

TPD

the poor dad
This is my kind of weather! I think I'm skipping work this morning and going for a bicycle ride...

TPD

the poor dad
may be - I think we're ready for anything though. I fortified my chicken pens with extra interior supports of the roof to handle snow thinking we'd get hammered with 2 feet of snow last Winter and we didn't. I always cover the chicken pen sides in the Winter with plywood and plastic to keep out the wind (required by animal control to have 3 covered sides minimum, but I cover all 4 sides) and blowing rain if we get a big storm. I accidentally discovered that if I use sheets of glass across the sunny side of the pens, they get the heat from the sun through the glass along with more light :duh:. The plywood and plastic blocks the sun. So now I'm on the lookout for people who are discarding old sliding glass doors. They are perfect to use on the chicken pens in Winter. Just about any glass that is mounted in a frame is good (storm doors, large windows).

Snow is ok - I can do w/o the ice storms.

I did not know this, (bolded part) although I shouldn't be surprised that government wants to be in my chicken coop. Chickens are tough birds, unless it's a Perdue chicken...

ArkRescue

Adopt me please !
I did not know this, (bolded part) although I shouldn't be surprised that government wants to be in my chicken coop. Chickens are tough birds, unless it's a Perdue chicken...

I didn't know either until an officer with animal control showed up unannounced one day to see what I had in the covered pens. After seeing I had chickens in there I was told that some people hide pit bulls in covered pens like that. She then told me how a 3 sided shelter was mandatory for 4 months of the year Nov-Feb to allow the chickens to have refuge from blowing rain/snow and high winds. Of course that's for those who stay penned up all day like mine do. I only let mine out when I am there to supervise due to the aerial assaults from hawks. If mine were free range, they would only be in their shelter area at night to roost or if they wanted to get out of bad weather.

mamatutu

mama to two
A short spit of a refreshing shower here in St. Leonard today, but otherwise beautiful. However, we really do need a good rain.

ArkRescue

Adopt me please !
What a great weather stretch we had Thursday-Sunday ! Loved it! There have been several mornings when I step outside and it feels like Fall with unusually low temps. I guess Fall is-a-coming.

glhs837

Power with Control
Cycle cover holding up fine so far. Not bad for a $10 Ollies thing. Even if it stops, I'll be wet by the time i get home, but I change after getting home anyway.