Riding Lessons

Faircourt

Ad Purchased :)

Twin Oak Farm is establishing an exciting new lesson program at their new location in Upper Marlboro, focusing on huntseat and equitation for junior riders from leadline to division riders. With our large lighted outdoor ring and all weather indoor ring conveniently located 10 minutes from the PG Equestrian Center, our facility is a convenient commute from Alexandria, Washington DC and the tri-county area. Learn to ride on our safe and sane lesson ponies or bring your own. Our goal is to prepare young riders to be competitive in the show ring both at the local and rated level, while providing a fun and drama free barn experience. We have been successful from the local level through Devon and Upperville.

Introductory Lesson Prices:

$40 for Private Hour
$30 for Semi Private Hour
$25 for Private Half Hour (Riders under the age of 10)
$35 for Private Hour for Military Families

Monthly Packages available at reduced rates.

Board: $450 per month, includes one free lesson a month.

Feel free to email or call me with questions:

571-296-6220 or faircourtponies@gmail.com

DoWhat

Deplorable
PREMO Member
Ad Purchased :)

Twin Oak Farm is establishing an exciting new lesson program at their new location in Upper Marlboro, focusing on huntseat and equitation for junior riders from leadline to division riders. With our large lighted outdoor ring and all weather indoor ring conveniently located 10 minutes from the PG Equestrian Center, our facility is a convenient commute from Alexandria, Washington DC and the tri-county area. Learn to ride on our safe and sane lesson ponies or bring your own. Our goal is to prepare young riders to be competitive in the show ring both at the local and rated level, while providing a fun and drama free barn experience. We have been successful from the local level through Devon and Upperville.

Introductory Lesson Prices:

$40 for Private Hour
$30 for Semi Private Hour
$25 for Private Half Hour (Riders under the age of 10)
$35 for Private Hour for Military Families

Monthly Packages available at reduced rates.

Board: $450 per month, includes one free lesson a month.

Feel free to email or call me with questions:

571-296-6220 or faircourtponies@gmail.com

$40 bucks an hour to teach somebody how to say giddy up?

fredsaid2

If I were a kid I'd be over the moon to ride any of Faircourt's ponies. They are lovely! Prices are quite reasonable too. Good Luck!

nutz

If I were a kid I'd be over the moon to ride any of Faircourt's ponies. They are lovely! Prices are quite reasonable too. Good Luck!

Yes, thanks for pointing that out. They are definitely "fair and reasonable" for our area.

ArkRescue

Adopt me please !
$40 bucks an hour to teach somebody how to say giddy up?

There is SO MUCH that goes into horses - they don't just instinctively know how to follow a riders direction.

People seem to think that horseback riding is easy. It can be, but first the horse needs to have many months of regular training, and be exposed to any and all things that move, make noise, or not, so the horse gets used to things that could make the horse run off AWAY from the object with the rider clinging on or falling off in the process. There are many cues that horses learn, and not every trainer trains horses the same way. So the rider needs to know the cues the horse was trained to.

Riding a horse isn't about just sitting there unless you are on guided trail ride at Piscataway Park in Clinton where they use horses who have become very acclimated to following the horse in front of it. To actively ride a horse you actually use your core muscles to sit up properly and engage your legs to help guide the horse, along with holding the reins properly to guide via neck reining, or whatever method your horse was trained to. I have a horse at home that goes where she wants to go. So it's been a struggle to get her to see it MY way and do what I want her to do. All horses are not easily guided LOL.