Ticks and Meat

jazz lady

~*~ Rara Avis ~*~
PREMO Member
That would be me. :howdy: Glad to see more awareness of this condition and I can see it's becoming more widespread unfortunately. :ohwell:

I had it, it faded over time and was no longer a problem, and was reinfected with another tick bite this spring, so I'm been off of ingesting red meat (AKA any protein that comes from an animal with a hoof) since then. I've taken a couple of small bites of pork and beef in the last few weeks with no reaction, so I'm hoping it's gone again. :yay:

Dakota

~~~~~~~
That would be me. :howdy: Glad to see more awareness of this condition and I can see it's becoming more widespread unfortunately. :ohwell:

I had it, it faded over time and was no longer a problem, and was reinfected with another tick bite this spring, so I'm been off of ingesting red meat (AKA any protein that comes from an animal with a hoof) since then. I've taken a couple of small bites of pork and beef in the last few weeks with no reaction, so I'm hoping it's gone again. :yay:

When you stated on here that you had this condition, I learned about something I had never heard of before... and since that time, I know of a second person to be suffering from this. :ohwell:

Very scary. I am glad to see it get some media attention. We are woodsy people at my house and had any one of us suffered an allergic reaction, I would have never known to suspect a tick bite as the root cause.

jazz lady

~*~ Rara Avis ~*~
PREMO Member
When you stated on here that you had this condition, I learned about something I had never heard of before... and since that time, I know of a second person to be suffering from this. :ohwell:

I am fortunate in my reaction just turns into a bad case of hives. Others, like the article mentioned, have a full-blown attack where their lips swell and airway starts constricting.

Very scary. I am glad to see it get some media attention. We are woodsy people at my house and had any one of us suffered an allergic reaction, I would have never known to suspect a tick bite as the root cause.

I had no idea until Dye Tyed saw an article and showed it to me, which described EXACTLY what I was going through. And it is truly different than most allergic reactions in that it takes HOURS to appear after ingesting red meat.

And the ironic thing is I got the last tick bite at work. :ohwell: