Florida Mom Could Face 5 Years in Prison for Allowing Son to

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
Florida Mom Could Face 5 Years in Prison for Allowing Son to Play Unsupervised

Police arrested Nicole Gainey, 34, of Port St. Lucie and charged her with child abuse. If convicted, she could go to prison for up to five years, and the son could end up in state custody.

Think the arrest is a small town one-off? John Whitehead, a constitutional attorney for the Virginia-based Rutherford Institute, said the case was not unusual at all and could happen to any family.

“For the so-called ‘crime’ of allowing her son to play at the park unsupervised, Nicole Gainey was interrogated, arrested and handcuffed in front of her son, and transported to the local jail where she was physically searched, fingerprinted, photographed and held for seven hours and then forced to pay almost $4,000 in bond in order to return to her family,” said a Rutherford Institute statement. “Gainey’s family and friends were subsequently questioned by the [Florida Department of Children and Families].”

Karen Wagner, executive director of the National Parents’ Rights Association, expressed similar concerns.

“There’s nothing written in terms of what rights parents have,” she said. “There is no bill of rights for parents. Police and government agencies work on a case-by-case basis.”

itsrequired

Think the arrest is a small town one-off? John Whitehead, a constitutional attorney for the Virginia-based Rutherford Institute, said the case was not unusual at all and could happen to any family.ised, Nicole Gainey was interrogated, arrested and handcuffed in front of her son, and transported to the local jail where she was physically searched, fingerprinted, photographed and held for seven hours and then forced to pay almost $4,000 in bond in order to return to her family,” said a Rutherford Institute statement. “Gainey’s family and friends were subsequently questioned by the [Florida Department of Children and Families].”

Karen Wagner, executive director of the National Parents’ Rights Association, expressed similar concerns.

“There’s nothing written in terms of what rights parents have,” she said. “There is no bill of rights for parents. Police and government agencies work on a case-by-case basis.”

hahahha....no agenda here!

itsrequired

I find it more fun to put gilligan and lurk on ignore. This way they can continue to be legends in their own minds.

Lurk

Happy Creepy Ass Cracka
I find it more fun to put gilligan and lurk on ignore. This way they can continue to be legends in their own minds.

It has made the world so much more fulfilling to not have to endure your stupid attempts to pwn me. I suspect Gillian feels the same.

itsrequired

Your cop agenda as usual. Mr always right with the law.

Fact is 5 years for this is BS. They are making mountains , when a word to the wise should be sufficient.

FACT is, she will never get five years for this b.s. She likely won't be sentenced to any jail time! I have no agenda, but when you read a story, it's easy to figure it out! "She was physically searched" lol...how else do you search someone under arrest! No cop agenda at all.

Hijinx

FACT is, she will never get five years for this b.s. She likely won't be sentenced to any jail time! I have no agenda, but when you read a story, it's easy to figure it out! "She was physically searched" lol...how else do you search someone under arrest! No cop agenda at all.

Glad you don't have an agenda here. Now explain if you can why you laughed and said Gurps had one.

mamatutu

mama to two

I think you have been deprived of the 'search' thing. That explains a lot. :lol: If you are a "cop", I think you have desk duty which, also, explains why you are on this forum all the time. :lightbulbmoment: