Tony Stewart runs over another racer...

DipStick

Keep Calm and Don't Care!
Kevin Ward is dead. No charges pending at this time ... it appears Stewart will race at Watkins Glen.

Baja28

Obama destroyed America
Not good for either driver. :ohwell:

[video=youtube;Ja7TlxpPb_8]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ja7TlxpPb_8[/video]

CrashTest

Stewart seems to be going a lot faster than the car that drove by first and considering they're under caution...either Stewart is a murderer, or he's the worst driver in the world. Even the average street driver can dodge deer better than Stewart dodged that guy. Considering he had a whole lap to know he's out there and still couldn't dodge him...I say murderer

Last edited:

Larry Gude

Strung Out
Stewart seems to be going a lot faster than the car that drove by first and considering they're under caution...either Stewart is a murderer, or he's the worst driver in the world. Even the average street driver can dodge deer better than Stewart dodged that guy. Considering he had a whole lap to know he's out there and still couldn't dodge him...I say murderer

Or, it was an accident. Did you read the freaking link???

calvcopf

That was totally preventable. Stewart should face charges. He was reckless and killed a man because if it.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
one of the articles stated, visibility is greatly reduced in 'winged' Sprint Cars

:shrug:

Larry Gude

Strung Out
Not to mention how dark the guys racing suit and helmet were and not to mention how you steer those cars with throttle as much as anything else.

But, of course, if you and I are the only ones who can be bothered to find some facts and educated opinion on it before we label someone a murderer, I guess we'll have to be content with being the only ones who can be bothered with finding some facts and educated opinion.

It is POSSIBLE Tony Stewart lined the guy up with every intention of running him over. Even hoping and meaning to kill him. So far, NONE of the facts support that nor does any educated opinion. But, that's no fun.

"Burn her! Burn the witch!!!!" :lol:

Larry Gude

Strung Out
I watched the video about 30 times. Does that count?

Yes. Of course it does. And, unless you're a sprint car driver, maybe you could read the link(s) 30 times or so for some context, some facts and some educated opinion? Maybe you noticed, one of the those 30 viewings, the kid running around in traffic, on a race track, moving into the flow of cars? Pretty freaking irresponsible to call it murder when he then gets run over.

CrashTest

Yes. Of course it does. And, unless you're a sprint car driver, maybe you could read the link(s) 30 times or so for some context, some facts and some educated opinion? Maybe you noticed, one of the those 30 viewings, the kid running around in traffic, on a race track, moving into the flow of cars? Pretty freaking irresponsible to call it murder when he then gets run over.

If someone tells you there's a deer running around in the road 1/4 mile ahead of you and you're still unable to avoid the deer, then you're the worst driver in the world, or you wanted to hit the deer.

Larry Gude

Strung Out
If someone tells you there's a deer running around in the road 1/4 mile ahead of you and you're still unable to avoid the deer, then you're the worst driver in the world, or you wanted to hit the deer.

That is laughably stupid. You ever hit a deer or come close? Obviously not because, if you had, you'd know they don't just stand there. The one deer I've hit, so far, I could see from about a 1/4 mile away. I started moving away, slowing, moving away, at the last second, he put his head down and CHARGED my truck.

Never mind that that kid was not a deer and Stewart wasn't driving a pick up on a lonely road. Do yourself a favor instead of digging in to a really bad position and trying to come up with absurd analogies that don't apply and don't work anyway, just go read the links.

:buddies:

CrashTest

There's a reason they call it a "caution". Simple case of being proactive. We all do it on the road everyday.

Face it, it's a case of a no-name driver wanted to show "The Great" Tony Stewart that he's not going to be pushed around and "The Great" Tony Stewart wanted to teach the no-name driver a lesson by hauling ass by him. It went terribly wrong for both dudes.

Larry Gude

Strung Out
There's a reason they call it a "caution". Simple case of being proactive. We all do it on the road everyday.

Face it, it's a case of a no-name driver wanted to show "The Great" Tony Stewart that he's not going to be pushed around and "The Great" Tony Stewart wanted to teach the no-name driver a lesson by hauling ass by him. It went terribly wrong for both dudes.

Did you read any of the links? Read any comments of people who have raced those cars? Obviously not, but, I thought I'd ask.

You called Tony Stewart a 'murderer'. Keep that in mind. :buddies:

CrashTest

Did you read any of the links? Read any comments of people who have raced those cars? Obviously not, but, I thought I'd ask.

You called Tony Stewart a 'murderer'. Keep that in mind. :buddies:

That's just my opinion. ESPN been tossing the "M word" around all morning.

Just not buying the fact that Stewart lacks the skill and common sense to avoid hitting that guy. Cops are asking if anyone else has video from other angles. If other angles show Stewart veered towards that guy or forensics show he was going way to fast considering the "caution", then he has some explaining to do.

AnthonyJames

R.I.P. My Brother Rick
Yeah. Maybe they will institute a rule where you stay in your car after a wreck until the cash team gets there and they have the race stopped. Hot headed young guy over reacts and Darwins himself.

Yeah, and maybe they will institute a rule where you can't run over another driver under caution.

It looked to me tony made an abrupt right just before impact. Two possibilities:

1) He had every intention of coming close and mis-judged.

2) Knowing he was in a sprint car, he would know the tail would slide right if he turned left and away, so he turned right hoping the tail would slide left and miss, but it was too late.

I'll give hm the benefit of the doubt on this one, but his past hot-head attitude is gonna mean lots of scrutiny.