Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: continued freakout over guns

Quote Originally Posted by Gilligan View Post
    You might have said that...but some of the media reports said the incident occurred in the "toy aisle". Others said it occurred in the pet supplies aisle. They're just making the story up as they go.
    I think we all agree the media is stupid.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris0nllyn View Post
    "Too much agreement kills a chat."
    ~Eldridge Cleaver

Quote Originally Posted by Gilligan View Post
    They're just making the story up as they go.
    Ethics in journalism? You want them to start a new trend? What was old will be new again?

Quote Originally Posted by Chris0nllyn View Post
    I might agree they know their customers.
    ADHD; Interdisciplinary

http://www.daytondailynews.com/news/...-survei/ngzT4/

Family calling for the release of the video. Police say not yet, it's still part of an investigation. Although, I have to wonder how normal that is. Family also saying it's NOT a racial matter, and saying everybody needs to keep calm. I do wish they had told the NAACP to step back, but I suppose they have resources the family doesn't.

As for how fast they got there, this report says three minutes. also says he was "waving a rifle around, causing a panic" and "people were fleeing for their lives" so take a firm grasp on the salt shaker first.

http://www.wcpo.com/news/local-news/...-be-vindicated
    Last edited by glhs837; 08-12-2014 at 12:07 PM.
    "I aim to misbehave."

Quote Originally Posted by glhs837 View Post

Family also saying it's NOT a racial matter,

how do they know .
    ... did the mother interview the dude and his wife in a walmart cart that followed Crawford around before making the call

We’re tempted to suggest a conspiracy here — but it’s just liberals agreeing yet again that conservatives have hidden, evil motives, because modern liberals simply can’t conceive of any other reason to disagree with the liberal consensus.

Quote Originally Posted by GURPS View Post
    how do they know .
    ... did the mother interview the dude and his wife in a walmart cart that followed Crawford around before making the call

you are referring, of course, to the allegations that the guy was being "SWATed" by this guy who made the call. That could very well be racial, even the shooting could be. I only reported the families statement, which is more responsible than most in this situation.
    "I aim to misbehave."

Quote Originally Posted by glhs837 View Post
    you are referring, of course, to the allegations that the guy was being "SWATed" by this guy who made the call. That could very well be racial, even the shooting could be. I only reported the families statement, which is more responsible than most in this situation.

Indeed .....
    We’re tempted to suggest a conspiracy here — but it’s just liberals agreeing yet again that conservatives have hidden, evil motives, because modern liberals simply can’t conceive of any other reason to disagree with the liberal consensus.

Quote Originally Posted by vraiblonde View Post
    It's nice that you are clairvoyant and know everything without being told or having any real contact with the situation. Not everyone has that gift and they actually have to get close and take a look. Because, ya know, they're all BB guns...until they're not.

On another note, it would give me a lot of pleasure to have someone burst into your office and point a rifle at you. Then, after you've already #### your pants, they could go, "Ha ha! Sike! Just a BB gun!" Especially since you're such a home protection kinda guy and all, maybe you'd shoot him...and we could laugh at you for getting upset over a "####ing BB gun".

Idiot.
    owned

SWAT team responds to college staff member carrying umbrella

How do you mistake an umbrella for a rifle?

A SWAT team on the campus of California State University San Marcos surrounded a staff member equipped with protective rain gear this week.

The incident, which occurred early Wednesday morning, was prompted by a call to the San Diego County Sheriff’s office of a bald white male, wearing a black shirt and jeans and walking across campus carrying a rifle. This resulted in a shelter-in place order for some 400 staff and students going through orientation before the start of the fall session. Rapidly, facility and classmates banded together to barricade doors with tables and chairs, expecting the worst.

The situation resolved itself after 30 minutes when an umbrella-bearing teacher figured out he matched the description of the alleged gunman and surrendered to law enforcement.

Members who have read this thread: 27