Hey it works.

Hijinx

I got a new Kindle and had a few problems getting set up. I phoned their help line and got this person who I could not communicate with.

It was obvious he could not understand my Southern Maryland style English, After a few misunderstandings I soon figured out I was speaking to someone in a foreign country so I asked if I could speak to an American.

After listening to some really crappy background music I got transferred to a really nice American lady, and got the problem solved.

Try it---it works.

And yes I know the usual trolls will be here to make fun of any Southern Maryland dialect

pelers

And yes I know the usual trolls will be here to make fun of any Southern Maryland dialect

I had a really rough time with that accent when I first moved here. My friend and I were trying to find a ferry over to the eastern shore (it was simply inconceivable to us that one didn't exist) and we were never able to find out if one existed because we couldn't understand a word any of the people spoke to us said :frown:

glhs837

Power with Control
Vowels, they are NOT just for breakfast anymore :) Had a certified multi-generational county boy as a landlord once, Mr T-Mar Wathen. Every discussion was an adventure. Once I figured out that vowels just were not his thing, I got by okay. Helped that at the time, I was working 84 Lumber up by Route 6 and had a lot of exposure :)

inkah

I got a new Kindle

Be prepared to return it several times when it quits charging for you. Known issue with connector pins coming loose. Don't let them give you any crap about how you must not know how to plug in a power cord properly. And don't let them get away with, "well we've already sent you 3 this year and the warranty is only good on the first one" either.

Otherwise - great little instrument.

Hijinx

Be prepared to return it several times when it quits charging for you. Known issue with connector pins coming loose. Don't let them give you any crap about how you must not know how to plug in a power cord properly. And don't let them get away with, "well we've already sent you 3 this year and the warranty is only good on the first one" either.

Otherwise - great little instrument.

I will certainly take that under advisement.

ginwoman

Anderson's Bar has D by gawd captn' T-shirts. Or they had them......Bob Boy said he was ordering more. I got to get by there and get one for my hubby!