Guess what Michelle has banned from lunch rooms now!!!

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
Although the specific cause of the problem was not immediately clear, Shin noted that it might stem from the fact that most instant noodle meals come packaged in Styrofoam, which contains bisphenol A (BPA), a known hormone disruptor — which is also why women could have been more affected in this study. But the food product contains plenty of unhealthy ingredients, including MSG and the chemical preservative tertiary-butylhydroquinone (TBHQ), and is also high in saturated fat.

well good, my ramen noodles come out of plastic wrap and are cooked pyrex bowls now styrofoam

limblips

PREMO Member
https://www.yahoo.com/health/why-ra...your-life-short-94747327572.html?soc_src=mags

That's right - ramen noodles will KILL you! NOT part of a complete breakfast, and NOT a nutritious snack. Who knew?

True story: I witnessed a woman with a shopping cart FULL of nothing but ramen noodles and paid for them with EBT/SNAP card. I thought at the time, if Michelle wants nutritious foods then why are these allowed under the EBP/SNAP? I said in an earlier post, to help with nutrition in low income families, put out a complete allowed purchase program by UPC. If the purchase is not on the approved UPC list, you can't buy it with EBT/SNAP.

PeoplesElbow

True story: I witnessed a woman with a shopping cart FULL of nothing but ramen noodles and paid for them with EBT/SNAP card. I thought at the time, if Michelle wants nutritious foods then why are these allowed under the EBP/SNAP? I said in an earlier post, to help with nutrition in low income families, put out a complete allowed purchase program by UPC. If the purchase is not on the approved UPC list, you can't buy it with EBT/SNAP.

That is actually pretty thrifty. I saw someone and SFW buying a whole bunch of single servings of breakfast cereal that were $1 each and thought wtf.

MMM_donuts

Not me..that's for sure. I've lived off 'em for decades.

Me, too! I lived off them when I was in the Marine Corps and I cooked them in an old hand me down barracks coffee pot :jameo: meh.ro11169.jpg :jameo:

mamatutu

mama to two
I bet she never bans Wagyu Steak.

Or, high calorie non nutritious foods at State Dinners, fund raisers, and on vacation. I don't begrudge The First Lady as having a cause as all First Ladies have had, but she picked the wrong cause. She cannot defend it, set a good example, nor do Americans like to be dictated to, as in what they eat; also, considering her own children don't eat like that at Sidwell Friends or in the WH. Maybe, if she tried to set the rules for what food an EBT card can buy; that might be a different story. She should have picked a charitable cause to stand behind like helping the poor, helping children to read, helping veterans, helping the homeless, and on and on. She has caused much disdain with her cause, and a lot of food being thrown in the trash. Her cause is ridiculous and costly, and can't even be monitored as to how it is affecting the health of the children.

LibertyBeacon

Unto dust we shall return
Or, high calorie non nutritious foods at State Dinners, fund raisers, and on vacation. I don't begrudge The First Lady as having a cause as all First Ladies have had, but she picked the wrong cause. She cannot defend it, set a good example, nor do Americans like to be dictated to, as in what they eat; also, considering her own children don't eat like that at Sidwell Friends or in the WH. Maybe, if she tried to set the rules for what food an EBT card can buy; that might be a different story. She should have picked a charitable cause to stand behind like helping the poor, helping children to read, helping veterans, helping the homeless, and on and on. She has caused much disdain with her cause, and a lot of food being throw in the trash. Her cause is ridiculous and costly.

Shut the #### up you kook.

mudpuddle

Or, high calorie non nutritious foods at State Dinners, fund raisers, and on vacation. I don't begrudge The First Lady as having a cause as all First Ladies have had, but she picked the wrong cause. She cannot defend it, set a good example, nor do Americans like to be dictated to, as in what they eat; also, considering her own children don't eat like that at Sidwell Friends or in the WH. Maybe, if she tried to set the rules for what food an EBT card can buy; that might be a different story. She should have picked a charitable cause to stand behind like helping the poor, helping children to read, helping veterans, helping the homeless, and on and on. She has caused much disdain with her cause, and a lot of food being thrown in the trash. Her cause is ridiculous and costly, and can't even be monitored as to how it is affecting the health of the children.

You said it, mamatutu! You are 100% right. There are a million causes (Important ones) that are out there! Since she has a dog, she could have even picked the ASPCA or something like it! Lets face it, it didn't take much thought to pick food in my opinion!

Hijinx

You said it, mamatutu! You are 100% right. There are a million causes (Important ones) that are out there! Since she has a dog, she could have even picked the ASPCA or something like it! Lets face it, it didn't take much thought to pick food in my opinion!

I almost feel sorry for her. She wants so badly to be thought of as being important. She is simply a woman who passed the legal bar and then renounced her status for some reason, and then got a high paying part-time job at a hospital because of her husbands influence, and State money.
Her job there entailed dumping poor patients on Public Hospitals."Redirecting" low-income patients to community hospitals while reserving its own beds for well-heeled patients requiring highly profitable procedures.

A job that was so egregious that when she left they never bothered to replace her.

She has always been in her husbands shadow and wants to shine on her own.

Problem--------You cannot shine a tennis shoe.

mudpuddle

I almost feel sorry for her. She wants so badly to be thought of as being important. She is simply a woman who passed the legal bar and then renounced her status for some reason, and then got a high paying part-time job at a hospital because of her husbands influence, and State money.
Her job there entailed dumping poor patients on Public Hospitals."Redirecting" low-income patients to community hospitals while reserving its own beds for well-heeled patients requiring highly profitable procedures.

A job that was so egregious that when she left they never bothered to replace her.

She has always been in her husbands shadow and wants to shine on her own.

Problem--------You cannot shine a tennis shoe.

you are being generous! I would have chosen a flip-flop!

mamatutu

mama to two
you are being generous! I would have chosen a flip-flop!

Good one! Post of the week award, for sure! That is one of the funniest things I have read on the forum lately. Talk about a double meaning. Flip-flop! I wish I had thought of that! :roflmao: