Groom fakes his own death to get out of wedding

Misfit

Lawful neutral
http://metro.co.uk/2014/08/18/groom...edding-bride-is-naturally-devastated-4836745/

A young bride-to-be was left devastated after discovering that her fiance had faked his own death to get out of their wedding.

23-year-old Brit Alex Lanchester was heartbroken when she received a phone call from someone claiming to be the father of her fiance Tucker Blandford, who told her that the love of her life had been killed in a car accident in America just months before their big day.

After taking time to digest the horrific news, she rang Tucker’s parents back to express her condolences, only to be told he was alive and well.

According to the Mirror, Tucker had posed as his dad on the phone to break the terrible news, with the words ‘Alex, this is Tucker’s dad. There’s no easy way to say this… I am sorry to say that Tucker is dead.’

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Dang. Pretty tough when you have to fake your own death to get away from some nutty woman. :whistle:

SamSpade

Or he could have been a total jackazz who didn't have the balls to admit to this woman that he had changed his mind.

I'm betting on jackazz.

Probably leaning towards that.

Out of curiosity, I looked over a handful of sites, accounts and a video. She seems kind of cute, somewhat nice, clearly utterly smitten by this guy at first. Some of her pics are adorable - others seem to point to a really large nose. He seemed to just pour on the romance at first - meet the folks right away, pancakes every Sunday, special date each month on the 10th (the day they met) and popped the question just as she was heading back to England. No ring - just, promised to give her one when she came back.

Ditched out at every opportunity to come visit. They may have been legit - but I've been through something like this before myself. If you're really in love with someone, coming to see them isn't really that hard. Sure sounds like he had second thoughts almost right away, and she was dead set on the relationship. So there were clear signs he wanted out. He was just too chicken sh** to do it. He didn't even pull the typical guy fade out routine. You know, act like he doesn't care, act like a jerk, make HER chose to dump him.

Then he pulls about the stupidest stunt imaginable. Couldn't he at least gotten a fake voice machine? Or a friend, like Ferris Bueller?

She really should have watched, "He's just not that into you" when he started making excuses not to see her....:yay:

PeoplesElbow

I tried to break up with a girl once and she said she would not accept that, I had no idea what to do. For three months I was "single" while she was still dating (stalking) me.

Misfit

Lawful neutral
I tried to break up with a girl once and she said she would not accept that, I had no idea what to do. For three months I was "single" while she was still dating (stalking) me.

Did she carve your name in her arm with a kitchen knife? I dated a girl that did that once. I still regret that marriage.