Please help us, we need foster homes for kitties

ArkRescue

Adopt me please !
We need to find foster homes for several adoptable kitties. They are living in a large room with no access to sit in laps or roam from room to room, and none of them has even been on stairs before. These kitties need to experience what living in a normal household is like to help them transition better when they get adopted. If you have space in your home and heart to help the kitties learn about what a normal life with a family is like, please contact us. Being a foster home would be a great way to help a kitty, and I keep hearing from people that cats in foster homes get adopted faster because of the exposure they get to new people who talk about the personality of the kitty, and their antics, and the word spreading is how they get adopted.

They all get along with other kitties, are up-to-date on vaccinations, and have been treated with Frontline or Advantage, de-wormed, and are healthy. Several we would recommend be fostered in pairs due to their attachment to their buddy, but that's not set in stone. The ultimate goal is to get them acclimated to living in a household. THANK YOU to anyone willing to foster a kitty or two - you will be helping the kitties learn about life with a family. Some of the available kitties are ....

2014-01-05_19-56-12_87-1.jpg 2014-01-18_16-45-31_801-1.jpg 2014-01-18_16-47-07_250-1.jpg ForumRunner_20140713_103731.jpg

ArkRescue

Adopt me please !
We also have a few special cases that are shy with people. They are no longer shy with us, but we'd like to expand their world to get them used to more new people to help them become more confident kitties. If you'd like to help some of the special case shy kitties, please let us know. You can really make a big difference and transform a shy kitty into a more confident kitty.

ArkRescue

Adopt me please !
We desperately need foster homes for the kitties in our care. We can tailor the personality of the kitty you foster to your individual situation or personality preferred. These kitties need to experience home life with a family. It is a proven fact that kitties in foster care get adopted much faster. Why is that you may ask? It's due to the foster family talking about the foster kitty which brings in a new audience to hearing about the available kitty. Foster kitties are better able to handle the adoption process since the foster home was a new environment for them to adjust to, which primes them for the adoptive home. We have to do the right thing by these kitties, and getting them into foster or adoptive homes ASAP is important.

Please help us to help these kitties. Our goal is to get the majority of these kitties adopted before the end of November. Who can foster a kitty? Who has been debating adding another kitty? Who loves kitties but are hesitant to take the plunge? We can work with you, and no foster/adoption is final unless you want it to be. If your circumstances change, or you change your mind, you are not "stuck" with the kitty. We always keep our word that we will accept them back and we don't judge. PLEASE help us now, the kitties really need to be in a family setting. Your help, even if just as a temporary foster, helps the kitties.

ArkRescue

Adopt me please !
Anyone who can open their heart and home to a kitty or two? We have some really sweet kitties that have been so patient waiting for their turn to have a home. It can start out as a "foster" situation and you can see if it works out. No cost to you initially as the kitties are all vetted, and we even have extra litter boxes and litter for those who don't have start-up supplies.

Sadly the time from Nov-Jan every year many critters die in the area shelters due to people focusing on the holidays and not on what's going on at the area shelters. Some people, maybe even someone reading this, will take their critters(s) to the shelter during the holidays .. yes people do that sadly. Some people turn in the critter and say they found it as a stray ...... essentially lying so they don't look bad I guess? I'm not trying to put a downer on the holidays, just mentioning how hard the holidays are on the unfortunate critters that end up at the shelter. I feel awful for the people who have the job of euthanizing all the extra critters during the holidays. We can only help more critters by placing the ones we have in homes. Please consider adding a kitty to your home as part of your holiday cheer.

ArkRescue

Adopt me please !
Have I ever said how much I hate having to put down a sick animal all because I don't have a big enough bank acct to afford tests?

I am so stretched that just paying the $130 vet visit today wiped out my grocery money for the next 2 weeks.

No pet put down yet but may be next week.

That is all.

ArkRescue

Adopt me please !
For Christmas I'm gonna stick to something I need more ... SUPPLIES for the critters. So if anyone ASKS me what I'd like, I will say anything to help the critters, I want NOTHING for myself, I really don't. I am still waiting for Tractor Supply to call me to say my back-ordered rain-check kitty food came in. I never in a million years would have thought that we'd be supporting so many foster critters, especially the kitties. My money is being diverted from necessary bills to critter support, and if this continues we'll ALL be cold, in the dark, and eventually homeless.

We really need to find some foster homes. Even if someone only has a separate room in their home they could put a kitty or two, that would even help us out. We realize that sometimes critters don't always get along and are kept separated. Tragedy cases seem to get the attention of donors. I guess we need a good marketing person to help out to get more attention/donations? Sometimes I get frustrated and think about quitting (almost every rescue person I've met has said this also) because I really don't think people KNOW how desperate we are for funding. I literally have unpaid bills because I am paying vet bills and critter food etc - have I lost my mind? I must be crazy to put critters first and at risk because the house is going to get very cold if we can't pay the oil bill to get more oil.

If anyone would like to help out with a 100% tax deductible contribution, please see our donations page: http://lisaarkrescue.wix.com/lisasarkrescue#!donate/c1ghi THANKS .................

ArkRescue

Adopt me please !
So we picked up up our 4 bags of rain-check kitty food at Tractor Supply over the weekend. The kitty food should last about 2 weeks for the rescues. We are hoping that come January we'll get more interest from people wanting to foster a kitty or two. Fostering is also a way to try out a kitty if you're not sure about adopting it. One lady who helps us out at yard sale fundraisers already has a house full of cats that didn't even come though the rescue, so she can't help with fostering. It seems that all of our rescue volunteers all have full houses of critters and can't handle any more until some of the foster kitties get adopted. We are sort of at a stalemate as far as helping more critters except for those going from the shelter to vetting, then their adoptive home.

It really hurts to know that the intakes at the area shelters goes up dramatically during the holidays in Nov-December, and the adoptions go down, meaning that many critters are being killed as the new ones come in the door, so sad. I would not be able to handle the job of killing one pet after another. That has to be so difficult to do.