Monello

Smarter than the average bear
PREMO Member
Limit the choices to 3 places.

Kenai Peninsula, Alaska
Yellowstone National Park
Miami Beach

PeoplesElbow

Kern River Valley, Sequoia National Forrest, Yosemite Park, Death Valley, all in California.

Western North Carolina, around Boone and Banner Elk.

Bal Harbour Florida

Monello

PREMO Member
Bal Harbour Florida

I worked in Bal Harbour years ago. I did a lot of fishing up at Haulover park, just up the road. I revisited that area after being away for a few decades. Boy did it sure change. All the old, 2 story hotels were replaced by high rise condos.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
George Washington National Forest - VA / WV

Rampart Range Road - Colorado

Shadow Box Canyon - RT 68 from Canyon City [aprox] to Victorville

Monello

PREMO Member
George Washington National Forest - VA / WV

Rampart Range Road - Colorado

Shadow Box Canyon - RT 68 from Canyon City [aprox] to Victorville

Where is shadow box canyon? Any particular spot in GWNF? I fished lake moomaw last summer. Warm Springs was an interesting and quaint town.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Smoky Mountains area. I've passed through any number of times and as soon as I get close I turn the radio to 930 AM so I can hear the comedy of Milton Crabapple and Tennessee Trivia. The only thing I dislike is that the traffic between Sevierville and Gatlinburg is absurd. A million cars and traffic lights does not make for a nice drive, but the scenery is gorgeous.

I love central TX and never get tired of finding new little towns to explore. Plus I love Texans in general.

Of course I love my home town. Wish I could visit more often and had more time to roam the whole state. Pioneer history is extremely cool.

b23hqb

PREMO Member
Yellowstone - anytime
San Diego - anytime
Little Cottonwood Canyon and any of the ski resorts in season
Nowhere in Fl - except in Dec/Jan/Feb - than anywhere will do

MADPEBS1

Man, I'm still here !!!
Detroit, Michigan
Memphis, Tennesee
Ferguson, Missouri

I just love oppression. Makes me appreciate my white priviledge that much more

that made me LAUGH !!!!

Is the question places you visit and go back to because they are special/beautiful etc or places you'd like to go?

Revisit
Jekyll Island Ga.
Pinehurst, Nc
Ocean City, Md

Like to visit
South West
North West
Alaska

1) The Grand Canyon/Canyonlands National Park
2) Maui, Hawaii
3) Anywhere in Wyoming

Really? Go visit my old stomping grounds in Shoshoni then. Population 200. Lots of cool place up there though. That wasn't one of them. :lol:

Grand Canyon.
Yellowstone.
Oregon Coast.

doubtfull24

San Angelo Texas my home town miss it!
Ruidoso New Mexico Beautiful town.
California always wanted to go there no specific place.

PeoplesElbow

I worked in Bal Harbour years ago. I did a lot of fishing up at Haulover park, just up the road. I revisited that area after being away for a few decades. Boy did it sure change. All the old, 2 story hotels were replaced by high rise condos.

I was sad to learn that the Sheraton was torn down, I spent many days of my teen years there while my dad was there for contract negotiations. Had my first kiss there.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
Where is shadow box canyon? Any particular spot in GWNF? I fished lake moomaw last summer. Warm Springs was an interesting and quaint town.

Sorry it is Phantom Canyon ...... to Victorville ?

https://www.google.com/maps/@38.4382766,-105.108813,15z

Take 115 south out of Colorado Springs to Penrose, make a right onto 50 headed to Canyon City go down a mile or so, make a rt onto 67 ... it used to be a dirt road from the hardball there .... but from what I see on Google Maps Street View, in 30 yrs it has changed a bit .....

gorgeous drive through the back country, I made it about5 8 times in 2.5 yrs 1st 3 times were in a 83 Chevy Chevette ... hen a 1967 Dodge Dart

the road was built on an abandon / never completed Rail Line complete with a 75 foot tunnel and a rickety Iron Bridge from the 1890's

for GWNF - originally north of 211 headed up Crismans Hollow Rd which turns into Camp Roosvelt Rd - Fort Valley on up to Front Royal

then in the mid 90's FR 85 West of Harrisonburg up and down those mountains, as far south as Lexington and West on 39 to Warm Springs and back up 220 or as far west as 92 and on up through Seneca .... Green Bank, Marlington, Cass .... Cheat River ... 33 back through Brandywine WV and home

daad.jpg

4f29.jpg

CherokeeandBaja.jpg

Last edited: