Attention, people! Ninja is just like the other N-word!

BOP

H/T to the Chicks, because who knew? It's so hard to keep up with this stuff.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/...-ninja_n_5688128.html?ref=gravity&cps=gravity

Here's perhaps the best advice one could give a celebrity trying to navigate the world of social media: Think before you tweet, and choose your words carefully. For you will be judged.

Us Weekly reports that Justin Timberlake is the latest celebrity to feel the wrath of Twitter, after he wished Madonna a happy 56th birthday on Aug. 16. His choice of words didn't sit well with many:

"A happiest of Bdays to my mother chucking ninja, @Madonna!! Hope you have a great one, M!" Timberlake reportedly wrote in a tweet that has since been deleted.

Almost immediately, Twitter users began calling out the 33-year-old singer for his use of the word, which is viewed by many a still-troublesome substitute for the word "n****":

http://grantland.com/hollywood-prospectus/ninja-a-short-history-of-a-less-troublesome-word/

Here is Katy Perry karaoke-rapping Jay-Z and Kanye West’s “N****s in Paris,” because, I don’t know, a search engine became sentient and demanded it, maybe? Anyway: It is, like this needs to be said, #### of the cray variety. The first time you watch it, it’s actually suspenseful — what is Katy Perry, a German/Portuguese/Irish person, going to say when she gets to the two points in the song where the word “n****” appears in the lyrics? Will she say “n****”? Will she say nothing? Did she think she’d get away with this because she did it in England? Or because five years ago she put out a song called “Ur So Gay” and barely anybody got mad? Why is she doing this? What’s Gucci, my killa? What’s the message, my sender? What’s that sweater-dress, Aunt Linda?

We could reduce unemployment in the black community by employing out-of-work youth as consultants for anyone who wants to talk in public. Could have saved that "black hole" guy in Texas a few years back a lot of aggravation had he had his handy-dandy urban youth censor by his side.

Hijinx

H/T to the Chicks, because who knew? It's so hard to keep up with this stuff.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/...-ninja_n_5688128.html?ref=gravity&cps=gravity

Here's perhaps the best advice one could give a celebrity trying to navigate the world of social media: Think before you tweet, and choose your words carefully. For you will be judged.

Us Weekly reports that Justin Timberlake is the latest celebrity to feel the wrath of Twitter, after he wished Madonna a happy 56th birthday on Aug. 16. His choice of words didn't sit well with many:

"A happiest of Bdays to my mother chucking ninja, @Madonna!! Hope you have a great one, M!" Timberlake reportedly wrote in a tweet that has since been deleted.

Almost immediately, Twitter users began calling out the 33-year-old singer for his use of the word, which is viewed by many a still-troublesome substitute for the word "n****":

http://grantland.com/hollywood-prospectus/ninja-a-short-history-of-a-less-troublesome-word/

Here is Katy Perry karaoke-rapping Jay-Z and Kanye West’s “N****s in Paris,” because, I don’t know, a search engine became sentient and demanded it, maybe? Anyway: It is, like this needs to be said, #### of the cray variety. The first time you watch it, it’s actually suspenseful — what is Katy Perry, a German/Portuguese/Irish person, going to say when she gets to the two points in the song where the word “n****” appears in the lyrics? Will she say “n****”? Will she say nothing? Did she think she’d get away with this because she did it in England? Or because five years ago she put out a song called “Ur So Gay” and barely anybody got mad? Why is she doing this? What’s Gucci, my killa? What’s the message, my sender? What’s that sweater-dress, Aunt Linda?

We could reduce unemployment in the black community by employing out-of-work youth as consultants for anyone who wants to talk in public. Could have saved that "black hole" guy in Texas a few years back a lot of aggravation had he had his handy-dandy urban youth censor by his side.

I guess you learn something every day.

I never knew Ninja was a substitute word for the other N-word.

mamatutu

mama to two
I thought it was a blender?

:lol: I remember a post not too long ago that a guy was going through his neighborhood and saying ...Hey, neighbor!... and all the black folk got up in arms and said 'what did you just call me?'.. one of the funniest things I have ever seen on social media. We must be careful now that we don't sneeze wrong. Atchoonigganinja, or something like that. :lol:

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
I never knew Ninja was a substitute word for the other N-word.

Nor did I, and I refuse to cave to the vocabulary police. They can suck it. But you'll notice that JT cowered like a mongrel dog and deleted his tweet. :lol:

Monello

Smarter than the average bear
PREMO Member
Jackie_897572_1220619.jpg

mamatutu

mama to two
:inorite:

I just looked up 'inorite' because I never really knew what that meant in internet slang. Now, I know. You really are a bitch (I can use that term since you said it was ok), and you should be glad you have Monello. He comes across as a really nice guy. Keep that bitch slapper clean. There, I said it.

Last edited:

seven

I just looked up 'inorite' because I never really knew what that meant in internet slang. Now, I know. You really are a bitch (I can use that term since you said it was ok), and you should be glad you have Monello. He comes across as a really nice guy. Keep that bitch slapper clean. There, I said it.

Well, that's not nice at all. Shame on you!
:ohwell:

mamatutu

mama to two
Well, that's not nice at all. Shame on you!
:ohwell:

I know, shame on me! You made me laugh AGAIN! How are you doing? On a side note, we used to have a Disney educational toy when the children were little, and whenever they got the answer wrong, Mickey would say...TRY AGAIN!...This forum always makes me think of that toy! :lol:

SG_Player1974

Well... I guess they better get to shelving some BIG budget movies and some TV shows:

Teenage Mutant N-word Turtles

American N-word Warriors

To the African American Community..... GET A GRIP! If it bothers you so very much, tell your fellow "artists" to stop using it as every other word in music and when speaking to each other!