Alfred Morris is the key to Redskin's success in 2014-15

Monello

Smarter than the average bear
PREMO Member
Alfred Morris was the true Rookie of the Year in 2012. His 1,613 yards as a rookie was the 48 best season total EVER in the NFL. A lot of the success of that year was due to his running ability. If he can stay healthy, good things could happen for him.

Morris remains an excellent runner and the Redskins have kept the pieces in place to sustain whatever success he's already had. Redskins coach Jay Gruden has made it clear Morris will be the center of their attack.

http://espn.go.com/blog/washington-...red-morris-still-powers-the-redskins#comments

Larry Gude

Strung Out
...If he can stay healthy, good things could happen for him. L]

You're saying two different things; Key to team success/good things for him. Two very different things.

The NFL is a QB league. The NFL has never been a RB league where a great RB leads the team to winning the Superbowl. There have been tons of great RB's who were on the winning team but, not a one that didn't also have great QB play. There have been plenty of winning teams with great QB's and merely good enough RB's.

The key to the Skins success is, like everyone else, at QB and it is simply a matter of time before RGIII is injured again. Morris will probably have another great year. He had a great year last year and the team was 3-13.

Monello

PREMO Member
You're saying two different things; Key to team success/good things for him. Two very different things.

The NFL is a QB league. The NFL has never been a RB league where a great RB leads the team to winning the Superbowl. There have been tons of great RB's who were on the winning team but, not a one that didn't also have great QB play. There have been plenty of winning teams with great QB's and merely good enough RB's.

The key to the Skins success is, like everyone else, at QB and it is simply a matter of time before RGIII is injured again. Morris will probably have another great year. He had a great year last year and the team was 3-13.

I'm saying that in his rookie season Morris' accomplishments were overshadowed by the hype. The author of the article is saying he's key to the teams' success. I'm saying a healthy AM can do good things on the field. Perhaps get a 5 yard per carry average.

The undefeated dolphins had a trio of talented running backs. A few teams have won the super bowl with a stout defense and a mediocre QB. Trent Dilfer comes to mind. He was released after winning a super bowl. Certainly something you don't do to a linchpin of your offense.

I agree that Bob3 stands a good chance of making it to the injured list at some point in the season. His style of play leaves him open for taking some hard shots. His surgically repaired knees may never be the same and can make it harder for him to avoid defenders.

Larry Gude

Strung Out
I'm saying that in his rookie season Morris' accomplishments were overshadowed by the hype. The author of the article is saying he's key to the teams' success. I'm saying a healthy AM can do good things on the field. Perhaps get a 5 yard per carry average.

The undefeated dolphins had a trio of talented running backs. A few teams have won the super bowl with a stout defense and a mediocre QB. Trent Dilfer comes to mind. He was released after winning a super bowl. Certainly something you don't do to a linchpin of your offense.

I agree that Bob3 stands a good chance of making it to the injured list at some point in the season. His style of play leaves him open for taking some hard shots. His surgically repaired knees may never be the same and can make it harder for him to avoid defenders.

Totally agree Morris is a success and has earned his stripes. I'm just saying that doesn't make the team successful. And the Fish STILL needed Griese to make it back from injury to beat us in SB VII.

Grumpy

The key to the Skins success is, like everyone else, at QB and it is simply a matter of time before RGIII is injured again.

As fun as a healthy RG3 is to watch when healthy, the skins would be better off if he got hurt earlier, rather than later.

Monello

PREMO Member
As fun as a healthy RG3 is to watch when healthy, the skins would be better off if he got hurt earlier, rather than later.

Or he could adjust his play to where he wouldn't be so susceptible to getting injured.

Larry Gude

Strung Out

Sadly, agree with the injury part. But, I don't enjoy watching him play anymore. I start cringing at a 3 count after the snap if he hasn't gotten rid of it because he's either gonna take off and get creamed or make a late decision and throw it...and get rolled into, bent over, crashed into.

Larry Gude

Strung Out
Or he could adjust his play to where he wouldn't be so susceptible to getting injured.

How??? He tried to slide a couple of times the other night, and last year, and he's incredibly awkward when he does it and, as in the other night, gets hurt trying to.

The guy is a gazelle, a thoroughbred and absolutely a balls out competitor. He can't adjust his play. He's brittle in the NFL sense and isn't a good enough pocket passer to play like a Manning or Brady. It's an awful combination. I mean, imagine being him and having coaches, non stop, going over film with him, practicing with him, and teaching him; don't do this and this. Do that and the other thing. He can't help himself.

Just like coaches can only go so far and can't teach some guys to make incredible plays, they can't teach a guy like him to make mundane ones.

RPMDAD

grumpy, agree 100%. Starting to think RGIII is damaged goods, nothing against him h was a great athlete, not sure about him anymore. JMHO. Thought Cousins did good today time will tell on both of them.

Monello

PREMO Member
Morris has had his best 2 games when Bob3 is under center.

Still no 100+ yard games for him this season.

Monello

PREMO Member
Alf signs with the cowboys

$2 million guaranteed. 2 years for $ 5.5.

Larry Gude

Strung Out
:yay: Pleased for him, definitely one of the good guys, even if he's now a cowboy.

Not like it was 30 years ago, is it? :lol: I still remember when Calvin Hill came here and they may as well have said Satan is on our team now. And I LIKED him. :lol: