#FergusonsFinest

dan0623_2000

I have to agree with Hijinx. He is sad excuse for a police officer, but I if the people would peacefully protest during the daylight hours and stay home after dark then this situation would not have happened.

LibertyBeacon

Unto dust we shall return
I have to agree with Hijinx. He is sad excuse for a police officer, but I if the people would peacefully protest during the daylight hours and stay home after dark then this situation would not have happened.

Typical blame the victim.

I bet when a woman gets raped her skirt was too short, eh?

:thumbsup:

SG_Player1974

Typical blame the victim.

How is asking for people to protest PEACEFULLY and not running the streets at all hours of the night INSTEAD of looting stores, raging against law enforcement, and causing havoc untill the wee hours "blaming the victim?"

I would call it "responsibly exercising your rights to protest peacefully"

As for the idiot cop. I would agree that he is not the finest example HOWEVER... lets call it what it is. Those people are NOT protesting and neither are MOST of the people caught up in this situation. They are looking for any and all ways TO GET FREE CRAP!

LibertyBeacon

How is asking for people to protest PEACEFULLY and not running the streets at all hours of the night INSTEAD of looting stores, raging against law enforcement, and causing havoc untill the wee hours "blaming the victim?"

I would call it "responsibly exercising your rights to protest peacefully"

As for the idiot cop. I would agree that he is not the finest example HOWEVER... lets call it what it is. Those people are NOT protesting and neither are MOST of the people caught up in this situation. They are looking for any and all ways TO GET FREE CRAP!

Really dude? A guy who was out "live streaming" is looking for free crap? Are you really going to stick with that line of reasoning? Do you have anything to back that up? Can you demonstrate from the video that was shown how that guy was doing anything but "responsibly exercising your (his) rights to protest peacefully" ?

dontknowwhy

I say the cops need to come out with water cannons & German Shepherds during the day & flame throwers at night.
Say what you want but...Bull Conner knew how to handle these miscreants

itsrequired

Not all police officers are up to the job. Just like any other job.

This cop is wrong. There are about 900,000 cops in the U.S. and there are bound to be a few bad apples. I don't condone this, no matter how much urine or feces were thrown at this guy. It doesn't matter to me that he has likely been working 12, 14 or 16 hours a day for the last 7 days in a row. He has to be able to control himself and not threaten to take a life while having the ability to do so without justification. That, in this state is an assault. There is no excuse for it.

LibertyBeacon

Apparently, the cop in this video is now on leave. Good call.

Yeah. Leave. What do you think would happen to any of us plebes if we were to point a gun at a cop and threatened to kill him?

Paid leave, right?

This moron needs to lose his job and every dime of his pension.

mamatutu

mama to two
Yeah. Leave. What do you think would happen to any of us plebes if we were to point a gun at a cop and threatened to kill him?

Paid leave, right?

This moron needs to lose his job and every dime of his pension.

You are, absolutely, right! Did I say that? :lol:

Homeland

just like it says in the constitution :sarcasm:

Did you read the guys post? Nobody, even our normal cop defenders, are saying this cop was even remotely right. Why is it you can't see that these people who are protesting at night and not cooperating aren't partially to blame. First, it seems to me that these people protesting are protesting something without all the facts. They are calling for justice when what they really want is vigilantism. They no more care about justice than Big Mike cared about the store owners feeling when he was pushing him around and robbing him.

Are you one of those people who believe just because I can I will? Do ever think there is a time where as an American Citizen you should pull together for the sake of the community? That is what was ASKED of these people. No orders, commands, or anything else by the government. They asked for cooperation to quell a bad situation.

Midnightrider

Did you read the guys post? Nobody, even our normal cop defenders, are saying this cop was even remotely right. Why is it you can't see that these people who are protesting at night and not cooperating aren't partially to blame. First, it seems to me that these people protesting are protesting something without all the facts. They are calling for justice when what they really want is vigilantism. They no more care about justice than Big Mike cared about the store owners feeling when he was pushing him around and robbing him.

Are you one of those people who believe just because I can I will? Do ever think there is a time where as an American Citizen you should pull together for the sake of the community? That is what was ASKED of these people. No orders, commands, or anything else by the government. They asked for cooperation to quell a bad situation.

how do you know that "these people" aren't actually protesting for what they beleive is the good of their comunity? It seems to me that is exactly what the majorit of "those people" are doing. They are peacefully protesting. If they wanted viganlatism they could have had it on the many cops who have been tear gassing and rubber bulleting them. Even the cops in fergeson are saying that the criminal element is very small and that they have a pretty good handle on picking out the bad actors.

For what it is worth, i am one of those people who beleive that you get to choose when and how you use your rights. If "these people" feel the best way to protest this shooting is by marching at night, i say have at it.

I guess you are one of those "the rights in the constitution are completely conditional" types :bigwhoop:

Homeland

how do you know that "these people" aren't actually protesting for what they beleive is the good of their comunity? It seems to me that is exactly what the majorit of "those people" are doing.

I thought the majority of people were protesting for justice for Mike. Those are the people I am referring to. Are you talking about someone else?

They are peacefully protesting. Even the cops in fergeson are saying that the criminal element is very small and that they have a pretty good handle on picking out the bad actors.

You are talking about the same cops who are asking the peaceful protesters to do so during the day light, where they can still have an impact but not be used as shields against that small group of bad actors right?

For what it is worth, i am one of those people who beleive that you get to choose when and how you use your rights. If "these people" feel the best way to protest this shooting is by marching at night, i say have at it.

I guess you are one of those "the rights in the constitution are completely conditional" types :bigwhoop:

Nobody, not anybody is saying they can't choose. They were requested to protest during the day. No violation of right to assemble. A request. From the community leaders to do something so that the police can better protect the community and preserve their rights. Also so the police can better protect THEM! But you go right ahead. Be that d*ck that will protest when you can just because you can. Exercising your rights doesn't excuse you from being an a$$hole. I am pretty certain you can accomplish both at the same time.

You can guess what I am, but you can't point to a post where I said people don't have the right to assemble. You seem like a young person without very much experience to me. You don't see the big picture, but want to stand on a principle that nobody is trying to move you from. You see a request and insinuate it is a violation of your rights. You obviously can't tell the difference.

Midnightrider

I thought the majority of people were protesting for justice for Mike. Those are the people I am referring to. Are you talking about someone else?

You are talking about the same cops who are asking the peaceful protesters to do so during the day light, where they can still have an impact but not be used as shields against that small group of bad actors right?

Nobody, not anybody is saying they can't choose. They were requested to protest during the day. No violation of right to assemble. A request. From the community leaders to do something so that the police can better protect the community and preserve their rights. Also so the police can better protect THEM! But you go right ahead. Be that d*ck that will protest when you can just because you can. Exercising your rights doesn't excuse you from being an a$$hole. I am pretty certain you can accomplish both at the same time.

You can guess what I am, but you can't point to a post where I said people don't have the right to assemble. You seem like a young person without very much experience to me. You don't see the big picture, but want to stand on a principle that nobody is trying to move you from. You see a request and insinuate it is a violation of your rights. You obviously can't tell the difference.

I responded to a post, not a request from some community organization. However, "those people" should protest when they feel it is most effective. If that is in the evening, then that is whne they should protest. BTW, i never said that person's post was a violation of the protestors rights, i just pointed out that the right to peacefully assemble is constitutionally protected.
"Those people" are protesting in the name of the young mr Brown, which they also beleive is in the best interest of their community. Is that really so hard for you to understand?

as for the rest of your post, you have so much wrong it doesn't even warrant a response.

Homeland

I responded to a post, not a request from some community organization. However, "those people" should protest when they feel it is most effective. If that is in the evening, then that is whne they should protest. BTW, i never said that person's post was a violation of the protestors rights, i just pointed out that the right to peacefully assemble is constitutionally protected.
"Those people" are protesting in the name of the young mr Brown, which they also beleive is in the best interest of their community. Is that really so hard for you to understand?

as for the rest of your post, you have so much wrong it doesn't even warrant a response.

Is there a reason you are putting quotation marks around those people?

Homeland

Nobody, not anybody is saying they can't choose. They were requested to protest during the day. No violation of right to assemble. A request. From the community leaders to do something so that the police can better protect the community and preserve their rights. Also so the police can better protect THEM!

So this is in part what I said. Please tell me which part of it is wrong?