Lumpia

Monello

Smarter than the average bear
PREMO Member
59 down. Maybe another 30-45 to go. Both shrimp & pork. Time to run out and get some more wrappers.

Vrai is such a talented lumpia roller. I may just stick to cutting the veggies and let her roll. But I have to admit I'm an excellent consumer of said fried delicacies.

I wonder what the world record is for egg roll consumption.

DoWhat

Deplorable
PREMO Member
59 down. Maybe another 30-45 to go. Both shrimp & pork. Time to run out and get some more wrappers.

Vrai is such a talented lumpia roller. I may just stick to cutting the veggies and let her roll. But I have to admit I'm an excellent consumer of said fried delicacies.

I miss Emily's.

Bann

Doris Day meets Lady Gaga
PREMO Member

:yum:

Don't know, have you ever made tamales?
Rolled in corn husks a tedious job.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
I will happily roll the lumpia if you prep. My first attempt at making lumpia resulted in burrito size rolls but after some practice I could get them thin.

They were really good, btw. :yay:

Monello

PREMO Member
Don't know, have you ever made tamales?
Rolled in corn husks a tedious job.

I have never attempted tamales. I've eaten quite a few homemade ones over the years. Some people use banana leaves instead of corn husks.

Loper

Animal Poor!

I am about to wrap about 150. Funny, do you get your wrappers from the market on 5 and Flat Iron? I ask because when I went in there today to get mine, the lady at the counter said there must be a lumpia festival because they sold so many packages of wrappers today. lol

Monello

PREMO Member
I get my wrappers from the commissary. I got 2 different brands. 1 peeled apart much better than the other. I won't be buying the other brand again.

lovinmaryland

I have never attempted tamales. I've eaten quite a few homemade ones over the years. Some people use banana leaves instead of corn husks.

I think the banana leaves give them a more gelationous texture...no gouda IMO!

We usually set out an entire weekend for tamales. I'll make the fillings on saturday (pork, beef, chicken) then we make the masa, wrap, & steam on Sunday. Once theyve been steamed you can freeze them for up to a couple months. They dont usually last that long at our house though :drool:

jazz lady

~*~ Rara Avis ~*~
PREMO Member
That good that it's a trade secret, eh?

Gosh, I hope not as it was beyond vile, but she assured us her kids loved it. :barf: Emergency phone calls to late arriving peeps to stop at the store to get some already made sauce saved the day. :lol:

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Gosh, I hope not as it was beyond vile, but she assured us her kids loved it. :barf: Emergency phone calls to late arriving peeps to stop at the store to get some already made sauce saved the day. :lol:

Dye picked up sauce at Emily's, so all was well. :yay: