Ebola Patient is the Douchebag of the Day, thanking God

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
Ebola survivor Kent Brantly ‘douchebag of the day’ for thanking God for recovery

How Long Before Ebola Survivor Dr. Kent Brantly Is Attacked For Publicly Thanking God For His Miracle Cure?... tmblr.co/Z9AlVx1OsjZ70

Troy McComas troy48 (@tlm1948) August 21, 2014

Not long at all.

Released from Emory Hospital Thursday after experimental treatment for Ebola, Samaritan’s Purse Dr. Kent Brantly held a brief press conference to thank hospital staff as well as God for their role in his miraculous recovery. “I want to express my deep and sincere gratitude to Samaritan’s Purse, Emery and all of the people involved in my treatment and care,” said Brantly. “Above all, I am forever thankful to God for sparing my life.”

CrashTest

Abstinence from giving birth when you live in a world of $hit is the best way to avoid suffering.

Midnightrider

Ebola survivor Kent Brantly ‘douchebag of the day’ for thanking God for recovery

How Long Before Ebola Survivor Dr. Kent Brantly Is Attacked For Publicly Thanking God For His Miracle Cure?... tmblr.co/Z9AlVx1OsjZ70

Troy McComas troy48 (@tlm1948) August 21, 2014

Not long at all.

Released from Emory Hospital Thursday after experimental treatment for Ebola, Samaritan’s Purse Dr. Kent Brantly held a brief press conference to thank hospital staff as well as God for their role in his miraculous recovery. “I want to express my deep and sincere gratitude to Samaritan’s Purse, Emery and all of the people involved in my treatment and care,” said Brantly. “Above all, I am forever thankful to God for sparing my life.”

you guys want to explain exactly what god did here? while you are at it, if god has the power to save people from ebola why isnt he?

b23hqb

PREMO Member
you guys want to explain exactly what god did here? while you are at it, if god has the power to save people from ebola why isnt he?

If He did that, then there would have been no purpose to give man the free choice option, and His Son would not have been required to be crucified. We reap what we as humans sow - sin and its' result. It's a collective thing - all as the result of one mans' sin against God. Liberals love the collective - right?

Last edited:

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
If He did that, then there would have been no purpose to give man the free choice option, and His Son would not have been required to be crucified. We reap what we as humans sow - sin and its' result. It's a collective thing - all as the result of one mans' sin against God. Liberals love the collective - right?

I believe the word is Free Will ...

otherwise .. MR is just 'baitn

b23hqb

PREMO Member
I believe the word is Free Will ...

otherwise .. MR is just 'baitn

Yup. Free will is the proper phrase, which for some reason escaped me. Just waiting for hisn' response. Maybe beginning in Genesis will help a bit.

SG_Player1974

If he wants to thank anyone for saving his life, I suppose RJ Reynolds would be a good choice!

After all... they did harvest the "cure" from a tobacco plant!

b23hqb

PREMO Member
What does free will have to do with Ebola or this patient being saved by his doctors?

It has as much to do with this situation as your first post on this topic that God couldn't, or wouldn't, save people from this scourge. Recovering dude is simply giving to God what God simply requests of his believers - our love and thanks.

Our free will is simply what has put man in every situation we are in today. God doesn't cause our pain, He simply allows it because of who we are as a collective.

"Give thanks unto the Lord, call upon his name, make known his deeds among the people" - 1 Chronicles 16:8
"I exhort therefore, that, first of all, supplications, prayers, intercessions, and giving of thanks, be made for all men;" 1 Timothy 2:1

Romans 1:17-32 will give you a good perspective on why things happen.

Last edited:

Midnightrider

It has as much to do with this situation as your first post on this topic that God couldn't, or wouldn't, save people from this scourge. Recovering dude is simply giving to God what God simply requests of his believers - our love and thanks.

Our free will is simply what has put man in every situation we are in today. God doesn't cause our pain, He simply allows it because of who we are as a collective.

"Give thanks unto the Lord, call upon his name, make known his deeds among the people" - 1 Chronicles 16:8
"I exhort therefore, that, first of all, supplications, prayers, intercessions, and giving of thanks, be made for all men;" 1 Timothy 2:1

Romans 1:17-32 will give you a good perspective on why things happen.

so it has nothing at all to do with this guy being cured of ebola by doctors. Thats exactly what i thought.

BTW, god's deeds in this case would have been to infect a man who was helping poor and desperate folks. THat would be god's part if you want to "make known his deeds to the people".